ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea3 waiting time 2012

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coffee10

Eea3 waiting time 2012

Post by Coffee10 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Hello
I.m a new person on this forum.i searched many subjects about eea3waiting time experience but can.t find the right one.could you please tell me how long it takes for eea national to recive PR currently.i sent my form over 3 weeks ago and i know everyone has a different case but maybe you could share with your waiting time experience in 2012.thank you so much and all the best.

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Anyone knows the phone number to HO that i could use to find out about the status of my application?thank you

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 pm

[quote="Coffee10"]Anyone knows the phone number to HO that i could use to find out about the status of my application?thank you[/quote]

If you got all 5years treaty right it takes 2-3months normally, Or in worst case up to 6months.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:15 pm

EEA3, as soon as possible. It should not be causing you too much hardship (please specify any problems if it is).

In practice, I would expect to have had a response within a month.

zheni

Post by zheni » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:00 pm

I know someone who has been waiting for 4 months. So I think it really depends on your case and how the caseworker deals with their load.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:08 pm

zheni wrote:I know someone who has been waiting for 4 months. So I think it really depends on your case and how the caseworker deals with their load.
Did they complain or just accept that their case was not being dealt with as soon as possible?

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Any more eea3 waiting experience guys in 2012 ?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm

[quote="Coffee10"]Any more eea3 waiting experience guys in 2012 ?[/quote]

Any more waiting, as above or not enough?

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:07 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:EEA3, as soon as possible. It should not be causing you too much hardship (please specify any problems if it is).

No, that does not seem to be the case. I applied 7/6, and I just got my certificate 20/7, after asking for my passport to be sent back. I guess it would have taken even longer otherwise. So 2 months seems like a reasonable guess.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:37 pm

thsths wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:EEA3, as soon as possible. It should not be causing you too much hardship (please specify any problems if it is).

No, that does not seem to be the case. I applied 7/6, and I just got my certificate 20/7, after asking for my passport to be sent back. I guess it would have taken even longer otherwise. So 2 months seems like a reasonable guess.
I suppose it depends on your luck. (The month business came from others' postings).

I know of someone's whose EEA3 application took just over two weeks.

If it's causing hardship, complain.

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
thsths wrote:

I suppose it depends on your luck. (The month business came from others' postings).

If it's causing hardship, complain.

Well i am an eea3 applicant waiting since 7th of feb!......

zheni

Post by zheni » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:19 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
zheni wrote:I know someone who has been waiting for 4 months. So I think it really depends on your case and how the caseworker deals with their load.
Did they complain or just accept that their case was not being dealt with as soon as possible?
She has not complained as this seems to be the norm these days. I have been waiting for just over a month but I expect it to take a while.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:06 pm

[quote="varna1983"][quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"][quote="thsths"][quote="EUsmileWEallsmile"]EEA3, as soon as possible. It should not be causing you too much hardship (please specify any problems if it is).

In practice, I would expect to have had a response within a month.[/quote]
No, that does not seem to be the case. I applied 7/6, and I just got my certificate 20/7, after asking for my passport to be sent back. I guess it would have taken even longer otherwise. So 2 months seems like a reasonable guess.[/quote]

If it's causing hardship, complain.[/quote]

Well i am an eea3 applicant waiting since 7th of feb!......[/quote]

I wouldn't worry so much if I am you, unless you need to travel urgent.

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:07 pm

who is still waiting since february?have u been trying to ring them or email to find out why this application process is taking so long.(since feb.).i was hoping to wait maximum 2 months.one more question if application is not complete when they normally send your documents back(after what time)2 ,3 weeks.?it is been 4 weeks since i sent my eea3 form if there is something missing do you think they would send it back straight away.should i be worried.?

zheni

Post by zheni » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Coffee10 wrote:who is still waiting since february?have u been trying to ring them or email to find out why this application process is taking so long.(since feb.).i was hoping to wait maximum 2 months.one more question if application is not complete when they normally send your documents back(after what time)2 ,3 weeks.?it is been 4 weeks since i sent my eea3 form if there is something missing do you think they would send it back straight away.should i be worried.?

It was depends on how and who deals with the application. Mine was returned as I applied together with my parents and for them there was not enough evidence for the last tax year. So it was returned within a month for insufficient evidence. Having said that I've heard of people who have waited for 4-5 months and one particular whose application was returned on the day before it was 6 months for insufficient evidence. So it all depends!
As for calling them I read that people have done that and they have given them no information as the 6 months limit has not yet passed.
Personally I think they got overwhelmed and there is not enough staff to deal with the workload.

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm

I hope it wont take 6 months to process my application.i read some stories that people were lucky to get PR in 4 weeks.

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Could anyone please tell me when your application,is sorted by ukba and they are ready to send you PR document.are they going to put everything together(all your documents +PR card) or they send it seperatly and if they do ,what comes first?Thank you for your answers.

zheni

Post by zheni » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Coffee10 wrote:Could anyone please tell me when your application,is sorted by ukba and they are ready to send you PR document.are they going to put everything together(all your documents +PR card) or they send it seperatly and if they do ,what comes first?Thank you for your answers.
They will send it all together by 2nd class mail unless you have included a pre-paid envelop.

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Varna1983 could you please let us know when you finally get something from ukba? I just dont understand how some people got so lucky and get PR in 4 weeks and others wait 6 months.how does it work seems very complicated.i can only hope i dont have to wait 6 months,cause i cant stop thinking about it everyday.

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:22 am

Coffee10 wrote:Varna1983 could you please let us know when you finally get something from ukba? I just dont understand how some people got so lucky and get PR in 4 weeks and others wait 6 months.how does it work seems very complicated.i can only hope i dont have to wait 6 months,cause i cant stop thinking about it everyday.
I will certainly let u know! I am asking the very same question of unfair treatment and cuz I am a lawyer myself I contacted them many times to cite the Law however, for PR and EEA nationals the law says PR documents must be issued as soon as possible which is not clear enough - as soon as possible may be 1 month may be 6 months....:( my deadline is 7th of August so im sending them a reminder today and we shall see....

zheni

Post by zheni » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:30 pm

As I mentioned a few days ago I know someone who has been waiting for almost 4 months. She has just received her PR card and all supporting documents.

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 pm

is there any email address i could write and ask questions about my application?or all i can do is just wait up to 6 months and think about it everyday :) ?

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 pm

could anyone share eea3 waiting experience in 2012?maybe somebody know email address i could use to send a question about a progress of my app.thank you

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Varna1983 have you recived any letter from ukba?it seems that there is not many people waiting for Eea3 nowadays,so why this process is so complicated and taking so long them to replay.if there is any one waiting for eea3 here could you please share info when did you send your app.and how long ago?if you still waiting.please join this topic.thank you.

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Coffee10 wrote:Varna1983 have you recived any letter from ukba?it seems that there is not many people waiting for Eea3 nowadays,so why this process is so complicated and taking so long them to replay.if there is any one waiting for eea3 here could you please share info when did you send your app.and how long ago?if you still waiting.please join this topic.thank you.
Still waiting, my 6 months time is up on tuesday the 7th. I tried calling them on thursday but the stupid cow on d phone was reluctant to give any information as the 6 months did not pass like its gonna make any difference to wait for 2 days??!!! I received a letter from my MP and the correspondence with UKBA and the letter dated 18th of july to her states that my application will be decided within the next 14 working days which is anyway by 7th of August .... So im waiting, we shall see...i doubt it though...:(