ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born's Passport and Status in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

New Born's Passport and Status in UK

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:38 pm

I am here in UK on HSMP since Sept 2005, and so does my wife (and we both are Indian citizens). We have got a baby born in August 2006. Now my wife needs to travel to India with the baby, as the baby can not (if he can, do let me know) have British passport, we have to apply for his Indian pasport.

My question is, as we have got FLR on our passports till 2010, how to get the same for the baby's new passport, it would be ordinary VISA or will be the FLR till the same date as we have? and how as well as where to apply for this, and will we have to pay any fees for this ? if yes, how much?

Will highly appreciate point to point answers for these, i searched the forum, but couldn't find the answers of almost 90 per cent of these querries.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:22 pm

No-one has contradicted the reply I gave to hypegal3 in this topic last Friday, so I guess it is correct... Details of charges in UK are here
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:05 pm

Use of the search facility on this Board, searching on .... baby born UK .... produces numerous hits .... including this one where the posting starting it off is basically identical to the opening post here.
John

CJMan
Newly Registered

Same situa

Post by CJMan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:48 am

Halo

I think actually you need to do form TOC... Transfer of Conditions?! and it is only £160 and not £335!!

Any comments?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:54 am

Why do you think that? Form TOC is to enable people to transfer their own limited leave to their new passport (should they wish to pay the hefty fee to do so). It is not for the purpose of transferring leave to the passport of their child.

You have made this point three times in various topics. I am deleting the other iterations.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

CJMan
Newly Registered

Post by CJMan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:08 am

O ok... I was toled this some months ago when I phoned the gov people... I do know they do not always have their story streight... However I think I will hang on to the transfer of my conditions to my child's pasport til i need it seeing as it seems not to be compulsory if you do not go out of the country.

Yea i did post the reply 3 times as i thought it is 3 different treads. Sorry.