ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehabegum89
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit help

Post by rehabegum89 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

I am a Bangladeshi Citizen and my child whom I recently gave birth to(in bangladesh) is a british citizen by decent. I have been advised to get an EEA family permit based on my child being british(zambrano case).

Everything just seems too complicated, I can't get my head around all the things I would need to provide.(some times it seems too simple too be true)

My husband is in the UK(also a british citizen) looking for employment with no such luck, so he hasn't made any moves in applying for us both.
I would be accompanying our child to go live with his father in the UK.
Would this work and what documents would I need to provide.
I can provide my childs british passport(hopefully, just applied for it.)
His birth certificate proving he is my child.
As he is a minor can't give details of income etc.
Is there anything else I would need to provide?
Please, any help would be welcome
Thanking you in advance.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: EEA Family permit help

Post by zubby007 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:49 pm

rehabegum89 wrote:I am a Bangladeshi Citizen and my child whom I recently gave birth to(in bangladesh) is a british citizen by decent. I have been advised to get an EEA family permit based on my child being british(zambrano case).

Everything just seems too complicated, I can't get my head around all the things I would need to provide.(some times it seems too simple too be true)

My husband is in the UK(also a british citizen) looking for employment with no such luck, so he hasn't made any moves in applying for us both.
I would be accompanying our child to go live with his father in the UK.
Would this work and what documents would I need to provide.
I can provide my childs british passport(hopefully, just applied for it.)
His birth certificate proving he is my child.
As he is a minor can't give details of income etc.
Is there anything else I would need to provide?
Please, any help would be welcome
Thanking you in advance.
Hi, in my own opinion I think in your own issue you do not need to apply under EEA law since your husband is British,and living in the UK you should apply under British law of family reunion, if my quote sound right.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:57 pm

rehabegum89 wrote:I have been advised to get an EEA family permit based on my child being british(zambrano case).
I don't think this advice was correct. Zambrano doesn't apply in your case. You should apply for a spouse visa in the BHC in Dhaka.

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Jambo wrote:
rehabegum89 wrote:I have been advised to get an EEA family permit based on my child being british(zambrano case).
I don't think this advice was correct. Zambrano doesn't apply in your case. You should apply for a spouse visa in the BHC in Dhaka.
Doesnt the OP qualify for Zambrano? Is Zambrano only applicable for people staying in the UK without the permit/visa? I was under the impression that Zambrano facilitates entry and residence to the non EU parent of EU national? In OP`s scenario doesnt her child missing out on their right of free movement if the mother is not allowed to travel to the UK?
"The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining."

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:53 am

newbieholland wrote:Doesnt the OP qualify for Zambrano? Is Zambrano only applicable for people staying in the UK without the permit/visa? I was under the impression that Zambrano facilitates entry and residence to the non EU parent of EU national? In OP`s scenario doesnt her child missing out on their right of free movement if the mother is not allowed to travel to the UK?
Your points are valid but it is not a clear cut. The HO can argue that the child can exercise her right of free movement by moving with her father (might affect her right for a family life but not free movement). The HO can also argue that she can still exercise her free movement in any member state apart from the UK especially in a case of a young child (no education to be considered).

maconald
Newly Registered

Post by maconald » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 am

Hello,

You may wish to note some of the information I am about to release on this post as the contents are extremely valuable.

If your husband is British citizen and your child born in Bangladesh has the right to take his or her father’s British citizenship under British Nationality Act 1981, then you are correct to say your child born in Bangladesh will be British citizen by descent. Your child will also be a European Union citizen being a British national and have the same citizenship entitlement like any other European Union citizens.

As you are a Bangladeshi citizen and your son is an EU citizen being a British citizen then you are defined as a third country national parent for the purpose of European Union law. The court of Justice of the European Union delivered a landmark ruling in the case of Ruiz Zambrano on 8th March 2011. In the ruling the court made clear that third country national parents of EU citizen children have the right to reside and work in the country of the child is a citizen. The court also confirmed that this requirement applies even if the child has NEVER exercised the right to free movement. You can find the full judgement here: http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/d ... id=1341218

The key in your situation on this paragraph;

In principle, it is arguable with the Home Office that your minor son, a EU citizen would be deprived of his genuine enjoyment of the substance conferred to his status as a EU citizen under Article 20 of the Treaty and Functioning of the European Union.

1. Does the denial of an EU permit to you, force your son to stay outside the EU? I think YES.
2. Is your son deprived of the substances of his EU rights by being to force live outside the EU? Those rights would be right to Education, Health and living with both parents? Again the answer is YES.

So while the advice you have received on this forum so far is unequivocal, ‘you have an entitlement to enter’ nevertheless the Zambrano judgement makes it clear.

This judgement is derived from Article 20 and 21 of the Treaty and Functioning of the European Union and NOT the Directive 2004/38 EC (free movement). Therefore based on the law it is your potential right under European Union law to reside and work in the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom government (Home Office / UK Border Agency) is currently working on the guidance and specific application for residence under Zambrano. As such although there is no appropriate UK regulation or statute, in country applications for confirmation of residence is being requested on form EEA2 which is that for EEA Family member’s excersing Treaty Rights under the Directive 2004/38 EC in the UK. The parallel form for Entry Clearance is the EEA Family Permit application form therefore in order for you to enter the UK under Zambrano case C34/09 you must complete the application for an EEA Family Permit.

Residence and entry under European Union law is governed by the Immigration EEA Regulation 2006 and NOT the British Immigration Rules therefore there is no need to meet any maintenance, accommodation or English speaking or understanding requirement. In addition to these benefits application under EU law is free of charge under regulation 12(4). The EEA Family Permit is issued under regulation 12.

You also have the entitlement to enter the UK as the spouse of a British citizen under paragraph 281 of the Immigration Rules however that would mean you will have to meet all the incapacitated requirements of the Immigration Rules and also be at risk from the UK Immigration entry clearance officer’s denying you entry as they have a refusal mentality, especially at the Dhaka visa office and you will be required to pay a very high visa fee.

eemia
Newly Registered

eea family permit refused

Post by eemia » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 am

Hi,
I have applied my EEA Family permit last April but I was refused.
I have a daughter who is British with a British passport. She was born in UK with a British father.
I have to give up my work due to I was unable to go back to UK to the soonest.
When I applied for EEa Family permit it was based on Zambrano judgement and I have a Barrister for representation from UK.
My daughter was only 2 months the last her father saw her and she's turning 2 this September.
It was stated in the refusal letter that me, my child and his father never lived together in a family unit and never intend to.
That Zambrano judgement is not being applied to applications made outside of the Uk.
That a British citizen cannot act as a sponsor in EEa family permit applications except in certain cases not applicable to my circumstances.
In terms of your right to exercise access to your child, i note that you currently reside in the Philippines with your child. Your child is British but also entitled to Filipino citizenship which she is legally entitled to hold as a dual national.
therefore I refused your EEA Family permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of REgulation 12 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) REgulations 2006.

I wasn't able to make the appeal as I have to pay the appeal fee as well as the fee for my Barrister which i dont have anymore.

Please I need your advice badly on this.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:59 pm

rehabegum89,

I am not sure if this helps, but your husband and you and the child could all very easily move to any EU country other than the UK.

So for instance, you could all move to Germany. Your husband would then need to find work there, but that does not need to be done immediately.

After he has been working in the other Eu member state, you could all easily move back to the UK.

Does you child already have a British passport?

rehabegum89
Newly Registered

Post by rehabegum89 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:07 am

Thankyou every one for your replies.

I have went ahead with applying for an EEA family permit based on Mr Macdonalds input.

Unfortunately it has been refused so I appealed against the decision.
The ECO had until the 14/05/13 to prepare his bundle and hopefully within the next couple of weeks I should be contacted by the first tier tribunal.