ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

antonyos
Newly Registered

Post by antonyos » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 pm

The wait has finally come to an end.. My solicitor sent me email yesterday saying I recieved my ILR in the afternoon. I waited to go and collect it and have it in hand before posting here and updating you. Below is my timeline:

Application :27th February 2012
Payment taken: 2nd March 2012
Acknowledgement : 3rd March 2012
ILR Stamped : 11th July 2012
Passport Received: 19th July 2012

Thank you all for your great help

Wish Lovelyislovely and others best of luck. Sad to hear about Jon but pray he'll get this resolved soon.

Regards,
Anton

sameer2012

Re: ILR Received

Post by sameer2012 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 pm

teee2 wrote:This forum has provided me so much information over the last few months so I thought I’d share my experience. I received my passport and BRP yesterday.

Application sent: 29th February (on old application form)

Acknowledgement dated: 5th March

I then received a letter on the 20th of March (dated 16th March) informing that I had used the wrong form and that I had to complete the enclosed biometric application form. The letter also included a biometric enrolment letter. I did the biometric enrolment the following day.

Passport Received: 19th July (letter dated 17th July as the passport no longer contains a stamp. All I get is a BRP)
Congratulations mate,I also send my application on 29th feburuary

BRP Received: 19th July via courier.

My case was straight forward, 5 years as a student and 5 years on a work permit.

I hope this information is as valuable to you guys as yours has been to me over the last few months.
Congratulations mate, I also send my application on 29th feb.can please tell us is there any expiry on your biometric card. what did it say on the biometric card?
SAMEER

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Congrats teee2 and antonyos. Your timeline has been updated. Thanks.

camelot
Newly Registered

Post by camelot » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 pm

babida2011 wrote:My wife applied on 10 year basis in Feb 2012 (no solicitor). Still no news. Following this thread, I have mixed feelings. We have already booked flights but had to change flight dates (paying about £1200 extra to change). HO do not seem to care about us as we are still non-British. Application by Post 25 02 2012 Acknowledgment letter dated 29 02 2012 Still awaiting inside the BIG PRISON. :cry:
Hi I like the comment Big Prison. Yes its seams we are in a big Prison.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Jon336 wrote:
Mate fight till the end and shame them. Bring this joke of an organisation down. Soon turning out to be one of my objectives in life this. :evil:[/quote]

Sometimes you wonder whethet its even worth it. The incompetency exhibited by UK PLC puts many failed states to shame. For all the money paid they don't even have the courtesy to return a failed application early enough so that the applicant can decide whta to do next.[/quote]

Am so sorry about that. I have add my advice to your thread. Good Luck.
nothing united in United Nation.

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:17 am

babida2011 wrote:My wife applied on 10 year basis in Feb 2012 (no solicitor). Still no news. Following this thread, I have mixed feelings. We have already booked flights but had to change flight dates (paying about £1200 extra to change). HO do not seem to care about us as we are still non-British. Application by Post 25 02 2012 Acknowledgment letter dated 29 02 2012 Still awaiting inside the BIG PRISON. :cry:
As a precaution, HO does mention not to book any travel arrangements as the process can take longer than expected.If only this was kept in mind, you would have saved £1200. Oh well, consider as charity. Anyways i'm still waitin for my decision since Sep 2011.

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinate leave to remain-10 Yrs

Post by nomibhai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:52 am

nomibhai wrote:Hello, silent follower for a start. Applied back in Sep 2011, still waiting anxiously.MP was involved and now case is assigned to caseworker in Liverpool. How long does it normally takes to process application once caseworker is assigned?
Hi all, thought i would share some Good News. I finally received my PP on Friday 20/07/2012,stamp dated 11/07/2012 from Liverpool office. In essence, it took HO 10 months to decide on my application. All in all, good effort from my local MP to chase up the process and get final positive results.I must say, i did wait for 6 months to pass before i got my MP involved(they are here to help any member of their constituency so dont feel shy to approach them).I wish best of luck to all who are currently waiting for their Good news.I'm now going to update my timeline on the drive. This forum has been a great help and i guess will need more as i have to apply for my kids registration and wifes spouse visa ext.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Congrats nomibhai. I am sure you will sleep much better now.

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:19 pm

NOG wrote:Congrats nomibhai. I am sure you will sleep much better now.
Actually, i started to snore as well so i guess good signs.I'm sure ppl will agree with me who received their PP with ILR's :-)

camelot
Newly Registered

Post by camelot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:06 pm

nomibhai wrote:
Actually, i started to snore as well so i guess good signs.I'm sure ppl will agree with me who received their PP with ILR's :-)
Hi congratulation for your ILR. After a long winter you had a good summer. We wish you all the best. however, if you back to this site anytime, please let us know full story why it took long time? We know little bit but need to know more in elaboration. thanks

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:21 pm

camelot wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Hi congratulation for your ILR. After a long winter you had a good summer. We wish you all the best. however, if you back to this site anytime, please let us know full story why it took long time? We know little bit but need to know more in elaboration. thanks
Oh well story hmmmm wish i knew why it took so long, sorry but i have absolutely no idea.All i knew was i got MP involved to follow up and an apology letter was received from HO MP liasion unit but no reason given.I guess backlog???? I'm just happy to receive the ILR once and for all.

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Post by tinaysf » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi Guys any more good news ..................... What about uddinriaz, loveislovely and ZGILR any good news ? Hope we receive soon

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 am

tinaysf wrote:Hi Guys any more good news ..................... What about uddinriaz, loveislovely and ZGILR any good news ? Hope we receive soon
Hi everyone, great news, I receive my long awaited ILR today.

I applied February 25, 2012
HO Receive it on the 28/2/2012
Acknowledgement letter 3/3/2012 (Letter was from Sheffield)
Passport stamp with ILR 17/7/2012 (Stamped at Liverpool)
Passport receive 23/7/2012

Passport and other docs was sent to my college, I receive a call to come pick it, this evening, it was a shock, anyway I am really happy to receive it.

I have been a student for the entire 10 years.
I didn't use any solicitor, I did it all by myself.

I did not send any bank statement

Document sent was:

Life in the UK pass notification
All of my previous acknowledgement letters
Letters which accompany passport, each time my visa was extended
My current and previous passports throught the 10 years
My biomertic card
And a letter explaining an invalid application which was made back in 2005, unfortunately, HO had changed the form a few days prior to my application at the time......

I posted all this, as I thought it might be helpful.

I am very greatful for the help and support of other users of this forum, you have been of great help, thanks and good luck to all who are waiting.
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 am

I need to mention that I went to see my MP today, I wish I had waited a bit longer, I now need to contact her, as her service will not be needed, thank God they are here to help, when in need though.

@udinriaz
@ZGILR
@and others waiting

I am sure that, yours are being dealt with, let us know and good luck
All for one, one for all..... Peace

jbm

Post by jbm » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 am

Loveislovely wrote:
tinaysf wrote:Hi Guys any more good news ..................... What about uddinriaz, loveislovely and ZGILR any good news ? Hope we receive soon

Passport and other docs was sent to my college, I receive a call to come pick it, this evening, it was a shock, anyway I am really happy to receive it.

Document sent was:

My biomertic card
And a letter explaining an invalid application which was made back in 2005, unfortunately, HO had changed the form a few days prior to my application at the time......

I am very greatful for the help and support of other users of this forum, you have been of great help, thanks and good luck to all who are waiting.
congrats! great news...

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:07 am

Congrats @Loveislovely.

skrskr

Post by skrskr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:14 am

Loveislovely wrote:

Document sent was:

My biomertic card

congrats loveislovely...can some one update excel sheet so that people can see the waiting time

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Post by tinaysf » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 am

Loveislovely wrote:

Document sent was:

My biomertic card

Congrats......................

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:26 am

Congrats Loveislovely you've been really patient
Always optimistic

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 am

skrskr wrote:...can some one update excel sheet so that people can see the waiting time
It is updated
http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

sam2106

Post by sam2106 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 am

well done mate! we applied same date 4 of us! you complete the team now :) well done!
antonyos wrote:The wait has finally come to an end.. My solicitor sent me email yesterday saying I recieved my ILR in the afternoon. I waited to go and collect it and have it in hand before posting here and updating you. Below is my timeline:

Application :27th February 2012
Payment taken: 2nd March 2012
Acknowledgement : 3rd March 2012
ILR Stamped : 11th July 2012
Passport Received: 19th July 2012

Thank you all for your great help

Wish Lovelyislovely and others best of luck. Sad to hear about Jon but pray he'll get this resolved soon.

Regards,
Anton

sam2106

Post by sam2106 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 am

hi which courier company are they using to send back the Biometric Card please? The passport and letter they send via royal mail 2nd class recorded delivery or special delivery if you have enclosed a prepaid enveloppe..but what about the biometric card..i understand HO uses a courier company..not Royal Mail..which courier company please?

thanks
sameer2012 wrote:
teee2 wrote:This forum has provided me so much information over the last few months so I thought I’d share my experience. I received my passport and BRP yesterday.

Application sent: 29th February (on old application form)

Acknowledgement dated: 5th March

I then received a letter on the 20th of March (dated 16th March) informing that I had used the wrong form and that I had to complete the enclosed biometric application form. The letter also included a biometric enrolment letter. I did the biometric enrolment the following day.

Passport Received: 19th July (letter dated 17th July as the passport no longer contains a stamp. All I get is a BRP)
Congratulations mate,I also send my application on 29th feburuary

BRP Received: 19th July via courier.

My case was straight forward, 5 years as a student and 5 years on a work permit.

I hope this information is as valuable to you guys as yours has been to me over the last few months.
Congratulations mate, I also send my application on 29th feb.can please tell us is there any expiry on your biometric card. what did it say on the biometric card?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:56 am

Guys can I ask a question;

If someone is finishing his 10 years in 28th September
But he got a visa till 1st September,
Can he applied ILR on the bases of 10 years long residence
at 1st September 28 days in advance?????

Thanks
N/A

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:01 am

that s strange, may be you might have told them that you still studying currently such college, so they might thave sent to that particular college where you are undertaking your course

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:51 pm

NOG wrote:Congrats @Loveislovely.
Great new @loveislovely......congragulation. Your name should be changed to "patienceislovely" hehehee