ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does receipt of Biometric Invite mean you'll get the BRP?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magelenn

Does receipt of Biometric Invite mean you'll get the BRP?

Post by magelenn » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Dear all, my PSW expires 27th of July and I am switching to Tier 2 General - Skilled Worker. Today is 21st of July and I still got no response.

Company license received in February 2012
Company CoS received after market test in April 2012
Application received by UKBA on the 23rd April 2012
Biometrics done on 10 July 2012
Awaiting reply...

It is stressing me so much... does anyone know the answers to those questions please:

1. If my currect visa expires before I get a response from UKBA will in future I be considered an overstayer?
2. Does the receipt of Biometric Appointment mean the application is successful?
3. Did anyone NOT get a BRP after submitting their biometrics?

Thank you in advance for your help!

magelenn

Re: Does receipt of Biometric Invite mean you'll get the BRP

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 pm

I would really appreciate if someone could respond please. I am extremely worried about my situation as I got no feedback so far. Does anyone know whether the receipt of Biometric Appointment mean the application is successful? Did anyone NOT get a BRP after submitting their biometrics?

Thank you in advance to you all!

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:29 pm

magelenn wrote:Dear all, my PSW expires 27th of July and I am switching to Tier 2 General - Skilled Worker. Today is 21st of July and I still got no response.

Company license received in February 2012
Company CoS received after market test in April 2012
Application received by UKBA on the 23rd April 2012
Biometrics done on 10 July 2012
Awaiting reply...

It is stressing me so much... does anyone know the answers to those questions please:

1. If my currect visa expires before I get a response from UKBA will in future I be considered an overstayer?
2. Does the receipt of Biometric Appointment mean the application is successful?
3. Did anyone NOT get a BRP after submitting their biometrics?

Thank you in advance for your help!
(1) you will be considered overstayer only if you dont submit your application before your current visa expires
(2) no
(3) not sure about this .

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:49 pm

David thank you for your help!
Do you know whether UKBA contacts applicants should they need any more information or need to clarify any queries (even when all documents submitted are correct) or do they make decision on their own and applicant can't affect it?
Thank you in advance!

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:02 pm

magelenn wrote:David thank you for your help!
Do you know whether UKBA contacts applicants should they need any more information or need to clarify any queries (even when all documents submitted are correct) or do they make decision on their own and applicant can't affect it?
Thank you in advance!
Nowadays in most of the cases, ukba makes decision based on the documents you have provided with the application.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Thank you David! Am really worried.... I can't wait for the response. BRP is giving me more stress than my actual work responsibilities....

duanqiya2040
Newly Registered

Post by duanqiya2040 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:34 am

Post subject: Re: Does receipt of Biometric Invite mean you'll get the Image

psychic

Post by psychic » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 am

I recently got my tier 2 visa after 1 month from the biometric submission date. Hence based of your reply you can expect it around 10th August.

khans

Post by khans » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am

This link gives you a rough estimate of waht applications they are considering at the moment.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

If you look at it, currently they are processing the ones where biometrics were taken on or before 30th of June. You did yours on 10th of July and it normally takes 4-6 weeks after that.

So no need to stress out!

khans

Post by khans » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

p.s: NO - receipt of biometrics invitation does not imply that your application will be approved or you will get the BRP.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

psychic wrote:I recently got my tier 2 visa after 1 month from the biometric submission date. Hence based of your reply you can expect it around 10th August.
Thank you!!! I wrote to Temporary Migration Team and got a response that my application has been allocated to a caseworking team today 30.07.12. They told me that they aim to consider applications within 20 working days of the date of enrolment.

My PSW expired last Sat 27.07. I am stressed that my status is undecided.
SUPER EXTREMELY CRAZILY WORRIED!!!!! I can't sleep! Lost 5 kilos since submittion of my application...

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:10 pm

khans wrote:p.s: NO - receipt of biometrics invitation does not imply that your application will be approved or you will get the BRP.
Thanks Khans, do you know anyone who hasn't got BRP after receipt of the Biometric enrolment appointment and submitting it.

Deeps123
Newly Registered

Post by Deeps123 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:37 pm

magelenn wrote:
psychic wrote:I recently got my tier 2 visa after 1 month from the biometric submission date. Hence based of your reply you can expect it around 10th August.
Thank you!!! I wrote to Temporary Migration Team and got a response that my application has been allocated to a caseworking team today 30.07.12. They told me that they aim to consider applications within 20 working days of the date of enrolment.

SUPER EXTREMELY CRAZILY WORRIED!!!!! I can't sleep! Lost 5 kilos since submittion of my application...
Hi Magelenn,

Can u pls let me know the temporary migration team's email id/postal address in order to get to know the status like u?

joe123
Newly Registered

Post by joe123 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Deeps123 wrote:
magelenn wrote:
psychic wrote: Hi Magelenn,

Can u pls let me know the temporary migration team's email id/postal address in order to get to know the status like u?
Hi, it's Employment Routes Validation <ERV@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk>
Temporary Migration Workflow Team
North East, Yorkshire and the Humber Region
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Deeps123 wrote:
magelenn wrote:

Hi Magelenn,

Yes, it's erv@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Deeps123 wrote:
magelenn wrote:

Hi Magelenn,

Deeps, I found out that it is not really advisable to keep on checking about your status with the UKBA! It is better to wait patiently and not to bother your caseworker or anyone really at all, unless they contact you for more info, otherwise one might suffer bad consequences!

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks!!! I got my docs and BRP today!!! 6th of August!!!! Happy times :)))