ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Cohabitation proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

holmes555
Newly Registered

ILR - Cohabitation proof

Post by holmes555 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 am

Hi,

I am a 5 year work permit holder and I will be applying for ILR in August 2012 using Set (O) along with my wife. This question is regarding cohabitation proof. The excerpt from Set(O) reads:
If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

My questions are as below:
1. What date range is this sentence referring to - "...please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years)."? Is it like, if I am applying for ILR on 10/08/2012 I should submit documents dated betweed 10/08/2010 and 10/08/2012?
2. It says "Evidence provided should cover the whole period...". Does this mean there has to be a document for each month falling within the 2 year date range (as will be derived from answer to question 1 above)?
3. "..addressed to yourself and your spouse." Does this imply that the document has to be addressed to both?
4. Do we need to provide documents from different sources or just one will do - for e.g my spouse's payslips for 2 years? Basically what set of documents do we need to provide?

Many thanks in advance :-)

kaushik.nanduri
Newly Registered

Post by kaushik.nanduri » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 am

Hi,

The Cohab Proofs can be.
1. GP registration letter
2.Bank Statements
3. Utility Bills (Gas, Water, Electricity)
4.Voter registration letter.

Apart from Bank statements none of the above you get monthly, for example GAS/Water could be monthky or quaterly. If you have bank statements for the period submit them, other wise last three months bills, old(if changed)/current GP registration letter. Voter registration letter would serve the purpose. all the best

holmes555
Newly Registered

Post by holmes555 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks kaushik for your response.
However this still leaves questions 1 and 3 unanswered.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:04 pm

1. You have to provide documents ranges up to 2 years from your application date.

3. It can be individual or combined.