ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do they keep your passport if successful at ILR appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rbhatia812
Newly Registered

Do they keep your passport if successful at ILR appointment

Post by rbhatia812 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi guys,

Have to commend everyone who contributes to this forum - it's definitely a wealth of knowledge on UK immigration!

Had a quick question regarding the premium service ILR. I've got a premium service appointment booked for early September. But I've just been asked by work to fly the week after my appointment.

So my question is whether they would keep my passport/ current BRP with them if my application is successful?

Because if they don't keep my passport/BRP, I should be okay to fly the week after even if I don't get my new ILR biometric permit in time? This is because I would have my passport together with my current Tier 1 biometric residence permit (valid until 2014).

Or do you guys recommend I not take any risks.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks a lot.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:50 pm

I am not too sure, wait for seniors to respond. I too have similar issues

KD1

Post by KD1 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:42 am

Hi

Could any seniors please update on this please?
I too wanted to know whether one can travel in case a ILR application is sent for further enquiries and if the passports are returned in his case?