ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success story Solihull - 18-05-2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnantps

ILR Success story Solihull - 18-05-2012

Post by adnantps » Sun May 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Thanks to this forum. The journey came to an end yesterday and this forum helped a lot. Here are the details

Visa Stamped 6th June 2007 HSMP
Entered UK 18th Aug 2007
ILR application 18th May 2012

The SOlihull cenbtre was really good; infact too good to be true. I gave extra attention to this ILR application but they dint really ask for any documentation.

Appointment 10:40 AM 18th May
Arrived at 10:10
- The first counter checked if we had correct version of the form
- Usual security check and we were given a token
- Within 15 mins we were called to go to a counter ; teh lady at teh counter was extra nice
-Asked for the form and passports
-Asked for 12 months salary slips; i had 13 in them so she returned the oldest. Calculated the total salary and there were few pounds of error in the form. She told me the correct amount and gave the form back to alter the details
- Asked for bank statement and appreciated i have marked all the payments
- Asked for co hab documents( gave council tax bills which dint cover 2years and tenancy agremeent covering whole 2 years, strangely she gave me back teh oldest tenancy agreement. Which means the document she had were covering only 20 months) I also took lettters from GO etc but made a rule of only givign them docs that they wud ask and not be extra efficient
- Life in the UK
- Birth certificate of the child( not teh original one but the copy from teh registrar which has more details)
-asked if i had photocopy of teh passports which i gave
-she said while she checked for Life in UK i can pay the fees which i did on the counter few steps to the right
- she looked at teh missing periods which were like 100 days all vacations and did some calcs and asked me this is for the last 5 years
-mean while my baby had pood and we were out of diapers; she was kind enough to say ill put your app on hold while i can go out and get it sorted. A real helpful iraqi couple gave their babys diaper and we resumed our app straight away)
-she didnt take any photocopies apart from the passport nor my saving account statement. It made me think this must be some initial check and we will see some caseworker who wil thoroughly ask for the documents
-within 20 mins of wait we were called for biometrics
- The while thing just took an hour and we were out and told to return after 2 hours

I was all confused as to what happened this cant be soo simple; returned in 1.5 hours and the lady at the reception handed over the approval letters for all three. I was like i spent tthe mosteffort preparing this app and this turned out to be the most easiest( apart from 2755/- GBP i paid)

Factors which made me worry:
- My wife was 10 days short of completing 2 years in UK. They just had cohab doc covering 19 months
- I lost my original bank statement at the copier a day before so had to go to the solihull branch that day which gave me a real crude copy of statement printed upside down on a letter head. Had to argue as wel that i need it on a letter head. The case worker was more cooperatve that the stupid branch staff

Next stop is the passport.
Thanks every one
adnan

dsoso

ilr success.

Post by dsoso » Sun May 20, 2012 4:24 pm

hello again adnantps,congrats on yr ilr.
With regards to cohab docs,were you specifically asked to tender yur council tax docs or you were asked for cohab docs and sumitted it yourself.mine is in complete so keen on knowing if this is a requiremnt pls.tnx

adnantps

Re: ilr success.

Post by adnantps » Sun May 20, 2012 8:22 pm

no she just asked for cohab docs and said 'u know like bills council tax any thing'.... then i submitted the council tax and the tenency agreements.. i had gp lettters and bills as well.. but i waited for her to say do u have more.. but she didnt ask for more so i didnt give them....
dsoso wrote:hello again adnantps,congrats on yr ilr.
With regards to cohab docs,were you specifically asked to tender yur council tax docs or you were asked for cohab docs and sumitted it yourself.mine is in complete so keen on knowing if this is a requiremnt pls.tnx
adnan

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Sun May 20, 2012 10:19 pm

thanks adnan.with regards to the cohab docs still, can you pls advise me on how many per year did you produce to the case worker?would you mind detialing these as in types tended and number per year, how many were addressed to you and wife.etc.
Many thanks in advance

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your detailed experience on the forum. Most of the ILR cases are simple cause we had passed the hard times during the 5 years period at our work or just simply in this country by paying hefty bills for every thing.

Good luck for the future.

Devb

Post by Devb » Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am

Hi,
Congrads.

When was your VISA expiry date? Is it 06.06.2012 or after?
Devb

zishi

Post by zishi » Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 am

Hi..

Many Congratulations adnantps.

I want to ask if you photocopied all the passport pages or just the used ones?

I have not photocopied any of the blank pages on my passport. Will this be a problem? Should I copy all of them?

Thanks
zishi.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Mon May 21, 2012 9:59 am

Congrats adnan,
how was the cw’s scrutiny about the 180 days ruling?
did she went through all the leaves outside uk, discussed each or what
how was that bit?
Did she ask you too many questions about the 100 days out of UK?
Mohit

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon May 21, 2012 12:20 pm

i gave
-tenency agreemnts covering full 2 years
- 3 council tax bills which u can get from council any time. That covering last 20 months till sept 2012

in adition i had GP letters for appointment for last months, tesco club card statements etc
dsoso wrote:thanks adnan.with regards to the cohab docs still, can you pls advise me on how many per year did you produce to the case worker?would you mind detialing these as in types tended and number per year, how many were addressed to you and wife.etc.
Many thanks in advance
adnan

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon May 21, 2012 12:22 pm

no scrutiny... it seemed she was looking at the individual slot days of absent.. since all were vacations so maximum slot was 4 weeks and then 2 week 3 week slot....

i had vacations written next to them with few detaiils.. the only thing she asked was all these ar from last 5 years....
singhmohit wrote:Congrats adnan,
how was the cw’s scrutiny about the 180 days ruling?
did she went through all the leaves outside uk, discussed each or what
how was that bit?
Did she ask you too many questions about the 100 days out of UK?
Mohit
adnan

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon May 21, 2012 12:23 pm

i photo copied latest passport first page for all thre of us and also the VISa pag for the extensions and initial app.. not teh whole passport... also didnt copy old passports.. but i wud prefer copy first detail page of al lthe passports...
zishi wrote:Hi..

Many Congratulations adnantps.

I want to ask if you photocopied all the passport pages or just the used ones?

I have not photocopied any of the blank pages on my passport. Will this be a problem? Should I copy all of them?

Thanks
zishi.
adnan

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 pm

it was 6/6/2012
Devb wrote:Hi,
Congrads.

When was your VISA expiry date? Is it 06.06.2012 or after?
Devb
adnan

darkhorse341
Newly Registered

Post by darkhorse341 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi,

Congrats for your ILR. Please can confirm if the eligiblity for ILR starts from 28 days before visa stamp and not entry clearance? when I phoned ukba they said it is 28 days before entry clearance.

From you post, it appreas different. thanks.

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon May 21, 2012 5:56 pm

it is 28 days before entry clearance and not visa stamp.. BUT there was a handout by UKBA saying they may consider the missing period b/w vis astamp and emtry clearance if it is no longer than 3 months... mine was 2 months 15 days some thing.. so i was within 3 months so i applied withi 28 days of my visa expiry....
darkhorse341 wrote:Hi,

Congrats for your ILR. Please can confirm if the eligiblity for ILR starts from 28 days before visa stamp and not entry clearance? when I phoned ukba they said it is 28 days before entry clearance.

From you post, it appreas different. thanks.
adnan

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Delay entry

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi adnantps,
Did you been questioned for initial Late entry (from your Visa stamp date).
Regards

adnantps

Re: Delay entry

Post by adnantps » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

No... i did mention the exact date of my entry to UK in the form but nothing was asked...
arifahmmed wrote:Hi adnantps,
Did you been questioned for initial Late entry (from your Visa stamp date).
Regards
adnan

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Late entry

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks adnantps.