ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liverpool ILR success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Liverpool ILR success

Post by mozhi12 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for this website members, who try to help clarify doubts in relation to immigration rules.

I would like to explain my ILR success based on work permit.
I went to liverpool PEO on 9th July and got my ILR.
My absences are 180 days (according to the stamp date in the passport even my travel date slightly differ) and I mentioned travel details in the application form.
My wife and my son are with me for the past one year and I also included their names in the application form.

After payment, I been called by the case worker. She is really nice and very professional. After a short and nice chat with case worker,
CW: Under which category, are applying ILR?
ME: under work permit
CW: Is there absences in the past five years? and Have they been mentioned in the form?
ME: I said that yes and 7 occasions
CW: Is there any longer absences?
ME: There is no >90 days absence. Mine 180 days but I didn't tell her about this.
CW: Have you got the necessary documents?
ME: I gave employer's letter, 3 month pay slips, bank statements, and rent agreement. I tried to give my marriage certificate and she was smiling at my wife and son then she said that she doesn't need marriage certificate.
She carried on saying that she would call us in 15 minutes to do biometrics and she wants to carry out her work.
I was sitting in the waiting area which is in front of her desk. I can say that she didn't check my passport for the stamp dates (for arrival and departure dates).
In the next 15 minutes we been called to go biometrics.
Once we finished biometrics, I went to her desk and gave the confirmation of biometric then she said she would call me shortly.
After an hour, she called us and said that our application has been granted
and we can apply for naturalisation next year and biometric card will reach in usually in 3 working days.

We said many thanks and after good hand shake we left the PEO office.
It all took around 1 hour and 30 minutes.

It was really nice experience than I thought.

mozhi

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

My question is that did the CW asked about your P60's or about your employment history from the HMRC ???

Also please kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

mghe

Post by mghe » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 am

Well Done and congrats!!!!

Your dependants were here for 1 year and you got the ILR approved from them? So the CW didnt ask for the 2 years cohab docs?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 am

congrats!!! Let us know when you receive the biometric card?

Thanks

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi,
I am sorry for the delay.
To Smam, The CW didn't ask P60 and taken only 3 month salary slip as I have applied based on work permit holder. I received my BRP card within two days.
To mghe, As I am on work permit holder, she didn't ask any cohab documents even I tried to give marriage certificate.

thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:42 am

Hi Mozhi,

Congratulations once again on receiving your BRP cards and thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I am also here on a WP and will be applying for my ILR soon will it be possible for you to PM just the matter of your employer letter it would be greatest help for me.

Many thanks and desperately waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

jagcv4

Hi Mozhi

Post by jagcv4 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:12 pm

I have 202 days absences and my old employer is refusing to issue a letter. I have got all payslips and sample emails. Do you think will my application will get through? Early response will be appreciated

Thanks

mozhi12
Newly Registered

Post by mozhi12 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:13 am

Hi,
I am sorry for the delay.
Smam- May I know what you mean PM and clarify you questions?

Jagc4- I don't think CW asking employer letter for absences. If it is more than 180 days employer letter support this. If your absence due to business you should get letter from the employer. Are these 202 days absence are personal or business and excluding travelling dates?

thanks
krishna

jagcv4

Hi

Post by jagcv4 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:28 am

Of the 202 days I spent 50 days in 2008 for business. But the company I spent as business is no longer in operation and the govt agency also closed. I have emails as proof but don't know whether will this be enough.

I have got a letter from my current employer which states that as part of my work I need to take business travel.
It also states that "In dec 2011 I was abroad and during this time I was paid by the employer and my salary deposited in my bank account"

I don't know whether this is enough. Please advice your opinions.

Regards

Jag