ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postgraduate work limit?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raveen26
Newly Registered

Postgraduate work limit?

Post by raveen26 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:50 pm

can you work 20 hours if you are enrolled on postgraduate degree course at recognised private university?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:27 pm

What is the name of this private university and where is it located?

In the UK, an institution can only use the title "University" or "University College" if it has been granted by the Privy Council, under the terms of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992.[24] Prior to 1992, these titles were conferred by Royal Charter. And as far as I know, only University of Buckingham and BPP University College has private university/university college status in UK. Other private degree awarding bodies in the UK include Ashridge Business School, IFS School of Finance, The College of Law and Regent's College, all of which are privately funded charitable bodies. In addition this, the private Richmond University also recoganized as its degrees are validated by the public Open University of UK.

So where are you actually studying? You can only work if you are a student of HEI or UK Govt. recoganize University.

raveen26
Newly Registered

Post by raveen26 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Deviser wrote:What is the name of this private university and where is it located?

In the UK, an institution can only use the title "University" or "University College" if it has been granted by the Privy Council, under the terms of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992.[24] Prior to 1992, these titles were conferred by Royal Charter. And as far as I know, only University of Buckingham and BPP University College has private university/university college status in UK. Other private degree awarding bodies in the UK include Ashridge Business School, IFS School of Finance, The College of Law and Regent's College, all of which are privately funded charitable bodies. In addition this, the private Richmond University also recoganized as its degrees are validated by the public Open University of UK.

So where are you actually studying? You can only work if you are a student of HEI or UK Govt. recoganize University.
it is lsbf (london school of bussiness & finance) and its mba from lsbf accredited by grenoble business school

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:11 pm

raveen26 wrote:it is lsbf (london school of bussiness & finance) and its mba from lsbf accredited by grenoble business school
No. You are not eligible for work. Niether LSBF is HEI, nor that business school has that status in UK and none of them recognized in UK as private university.

raveen26
Newly Registered

Post by raveen26 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 am

Deviser wrote:
raveen26 wrote:it is lsbf (london school of bussiness & finance) and its mba from lsbf accredited by grenoble business school
No. You are not eligible for work. Niether LSBF is HEI, nor that business school has that status in UK and none of them recognized in UK as private university.
but do you think getting tier 4 such institute could be a problem?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:25 am

raveen26 wrote:but do you think getting tier 4 such institute could be a problem?
No problem for visa. You will get visa as long as you fullfil all requirements but you cannot work on that visa.

malik5805
BANNED

Post by malik5805 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:15 pm

i asked lsbf staff and they have told me if you register for mba and then u ll get cas from london metroploiton uni and u ll b allow 20 hours

raveen26
Newly Registered

Post by raveen26 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:18 am

malik5805 wrote:i asked lsbf staff and they have told me if you register for mba and then u ll get cas from london metroploiton uni and u ll b allow 20 hours
what if the cas is from lsbf and programme is grenoble one.
ok if not work would i be allowed to take paid internship as its part of the course?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 am

malik5805 wrote:i asked lsbf staff and they have told me if you register for mba and then u ll get cas from london metroploiton uni and u ll b allow 20 hours
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ilure.html

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:03 pm

The work option is not available for grenoble business school's program. Its only for programs endorsed by London Met University.

And just for your information, London Metropolitan University's license has already been suspend by UKBA since a week!

raveen26
Newly Registered

Post by raveen26 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:24 am

Deviser wrote:The work option is not available for grenoble business school's program. Its only for programs endorsed by London Met University.

And just for your information, London Metropolitan University's license has already been suspend by UKBA since a week!
its more stressing. and need urgent help.

i did 4 yrs bachlors in uk which included 12 months of placement.
and now i got admission in 2 years masters in lsbf in grenoble.
i chose this because it also helps me in completing 10 yrs in uk for permanent residence.

but reading the ukba clauses, you are permitted to do 5 yrs on student visa unless your are studying masters in HEI.

Now is lsbf is not HEI i think , what options do i have? they have not issued CAS because they looking at it. and have told me anything at the moment.

what options i got keeping in mind LON MET licence is supended?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:22 pm

raveen26 wrote:but reading the ukba clauses, you are permitted to do 5 yrs on student visa unless your are studying masters in HEI.

Now is lsbf is not HEI i think , what options do i have? they have not issued CAS because they looking at it. and have told me anything at the moment.

what options i got keeping in mind LON MET licence is supended?
Yes, you are subject to 5 years limit.

According to new rules its very difficult for student to get 10 years ILR.

As you are not a student of any London Met Uni program at LSBF, LMU suspension has nothing to do with you.

raveen26
Newly Registered

Post by raveen26 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:30 pm

dear deviser
as i have been in uk for 8 years, currently on tier1 highly skilled which finishes end of december.
therfore i was aiming for another 2 years but if you are pursuing masters from HEI then you could get 2 years provided you have done 4 years undergraduate in UK.
Now i cant get 2 years through LSBF as it does not lie under that category.

what if i join 15 months course starting in february, with that course will i definiltly get student visa for 15 + 4= 19 as it says on guidliens you get 4 months extra which will bring my stay to aug 2014 and 28 shorts from 10 years is acceptable.

can it work out ? or ukba would not let me join course starting in feb as my visa runs out end of december and they would not let me apply for visa for course starting in feb withou a gap.

also i would need to look for univesristies now which offer mba or masters for atleast 18 months and stuff.
would definilty look forward to hear from you