ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Text message received - meaning?!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AcrossBorders

Text message received - meaning?!

Post by AcrossBorders » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 am

Hi my wife received a text message with:
"Your Passport has been received. Please collect it from UK Visa application Centre where you submitted your application between 2pm to 3pm Monday thru Friday"
She applied in Pakistan, and won't be able to collect for a while as its 500 miles + away!

Does it mean anything the fact they haven't stated it has been issued? In another thread I saw a user received an email stating it had been issued and ready for collection, which she did NOT receive i.e
UNCLASSIFIED: Your Visa Application at Rio de Janeiro

Has been issued. Your documents will be dispatched the following working day. We want to hear your views on the service we provided, please complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey at: http://feedback.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... 37412smumc

Play by the rules or get locked out for up to 10 years if you abuse our immigration laws. This is an automated message, please do not reply to this email.
Its nerve racking, anyone with experience from applying from Pakistan?!

[/code]

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am

In Pakistan you will not find out until you collect your passport. So wait until you collect the application and you'll find out.

som1984

Post by som1984 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:25 pm

WHAT DATE DID YOU APPLY AND WHERE FROM?

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:43 pm

I hope you have applied in Pakisthan VFS and opted for SMS messages also.
You would have also opted for " I will come and collect ". that is the reason they have asked to come and collect. (otherwise they would send by courier this is the practice in INDIA).

You can go and collect at the earliest day between Monday to Friday between 2 PM to 3PM. Hope you got your VISA.

ALL THE BEST

REGARDS

TAMILMARAN