ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ennia
Newly Registered

Schengen visa

Post by ennia » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Basically I submitted my application to France yesterday when all documents were checked by the TLScontact agent.

This morning I got an email from TLScontact saying that the Consulate now asks me to send a letter from school. Which was very weird because I am working and had already submitted an employment letter together with payslips, all less than 3 months old. These are the requirements stated on TLScontact for tourist visa appliaction.

When I asked TLScontact, they said that this is the direct instruction from the Consulate and therefore if I think I do not need to submit this letter, then I need to write to them to explain why it is not applied to my case.

I am very confused!

If I am to write a letter to them, what should I say?

Thanks for your help.

republique
BANNED

Re: Schengen visa

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:58 am

ennia wrote:Basically I submitted my application to France yesterday when all documents were checked by the TLScontact agent.

This morning I got an email from TLScontact saying that the Consulate now asks me to send a letter from school. Which was very weird because I am working and had already submitted an employment letter together with payslips, all less than 3 months old. These are the requirements stated on TLScontact for tourist visa appliaction.

When I asked TLScontact, they said that this is the direct instruction from the Consulate and therefore if I think I do not need to submit this letter, then I need to write to them to explain why it is not applied to my case.

I am very confused!

Thanks for your help.
You are kidding.

ennia
Newly Registered

Post by ennia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 pm

@republique:
Why would I be kidding?
I got an agony here and you just go and say that I am kidding? If you cannot help me then I would prefer you not to say anything instead of making such comments.
Peace out!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:13 pm

ennia wrote:@republique:
Why would I be kidding?
I got an agony here and you just go and say that I am kidding? If you cannot help me then I would prefer you not to say anything instead of making such comments.
Peace out!
I find it ridiculous that you expect someone to tell you what to write when it is self evident.
Your agony is your own self induced, over the top reaction. What agony, that's just as weird as your original post

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 pm

ennia wrote:Basically I submitted my application to France yesterday when all documents were checked by the TLScontact agent.

I am very confused!

Thanks for your help.
Hi ennia,

we´re lacking info that might be interesting, such as which French Embassy did you apply with?

If you´re "just" a tourist, you´re pretty much at the mercy of the Embassy, so why not just reply?

Either submit the paper they ask for, or write something like "I went to that school at the time, but it´s so long ago and not relevant to my current job (...) I don´t have the certification anymore (...) whatever makes sense"

Just make it sound reasonable, and/or just provide what they ask for!

That´s what I would do.

Did you also read the general instructions for a Schengen-Visa?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=102396

Rgds and good luck,
Christian

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:29 pm

I am very confused!

Thanks for your help.
What you need to do is explain why you think they have made a mistake & reiterate your circumstances listing the evidence you originally submitted. Based on what you have just mentioned what you need to state is that you are employed and not a student, hence cannot provide a letter from your school. And that you have already submitted a letter from your employer (which is what is relevant to your case) & also mention anything you have submitted as evidence for clarity to possibly help the Consulate locate the documents they appear to have misplaced or not looked at.

ennia
Newly Registered

Post by ennia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks guys!
I submitted my apps in London via the TLScontact.
I think they might have made a mistake of not looking through all the papers. Which is very strange because I was issued with 2 Schengen visas in the past.
Anyway, thanks again.
I will write the letter now.