ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Keyrun

British passport for my son

Post by Keyrun » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 am

Hello all,

Hope you are able to help me with my below query.

After we (myself and wife) got the ILR our son was born in the UK. I am applying for his British passport and have got the passport form with me. I have a question regarding one of the sections (section 5) which says -

Certificate of registration or naturalisation
Has the person named in section 2 (my son's details) been granted a certificate of registration or naturalisation ?
Options are
Yes
NO

I am sure the answer should be NO but few of my friends who has applied for their child passport advised me to leave the section blank and I am not sure if I select NO or leave it blank.

Any information will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Kiran

manoj123
United Kingdom

Re: British passport for my son

Post by manoj123 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:14 am

Keyrun wrote:Hello all,

After we (myself and wife) got the ILR our son was born in the UK. I am applying for his British passport and have got the passport form with me. I have a question regarding one of the sections (section 5) which says -

Has the person named in section 2 (my son's details) been granted a certificate of registration or naturalisation ?
Options are
Yes
NO

I am sure the answer should be NO but few of my friends who has applied for their child passport advised me to leave the section blank and I am not sure if I select NO or leave it blank.

Thanks
Kiran
If I were you, I would tick NO. I did the same for my son's passport and had no problems.

If you are sending via Post Office Check and Send, they might insist on filling that section.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks Manoj.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: British passport for my son

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi
What form do i need to fill for child born in the UK to apply for British Passport?

Regards

Keyrun wrote:Hello all,

Options are
Yes
NO

Thanks
Kiran

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174107

Should give you all the information