ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where do I find reference no. for application done in past

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Where do I find reference no. for application done in past

Post by Kishorbm » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm filling out an application for Tier 2 dependent visa for my son born in UK. I had made an application for switching from work permit to Tier 2 on 1st October 2010 at PEO Croydon. I received the confirmation letter the same day but the 'Your ref' is left blank. There is a UKBA ref number on the receipt for money paid and it is PE**********/001
In the application form for dependent it asks for reference number of main applicant's most recent application to UKBA.
Where can I get this number, is it same as UKBA ref number on the receipt?
Thank you

republique
BANNED

Re: Where do I find reference no. for application done in pa

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 am

Kishorbm wrote:I'm filling out an application for Tier 2 dependent visa for my son born in UK. I had made an application for switching from work permit to Tier 2 on 1st October 2010 at PEO Croydon. I received the confirmation letter the same day but the 'Your ref' is left blank. There is a UKBA ref number on the receipt for money paid and it is PE**********/001
In the application form for dependent it asks for reference number of main applicant's most recent application to UKBA.
Thank you
Look at previous approval letters.

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Post by Kishorbm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 am

republique wrote:
Kishorbm wrote:I'm filling out an application for Tier 2 dependent visa for my son born in UK. I had made an application for switching from work permit to Tier 2 on 1st October 2010 at PEO Croydon. I received the confirmation letter the same day but the 'Your ref' is left blank. There is a UKBA ref number on the receipt for money paid and it is PE**********/001
Thank you
The application form asks for most recent reference number. My previous application was for a work permit (done by my employer in UK) in 2008.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:09 am

Kishorbm wrote:
republique wrote:
Thank you
The application form asks for most recent reference number. My previous application was for a work permit (done by my employer in UK) in 2008.
Was that your most recent application or not?

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Post by Kishorbm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:15 am

republique wrote:
Kishorbm wrote:
republique wrote:
Thank you
My first application with UKBA was for work permit in 2008, then in 2010 I made another application to switch to Tier 2. Now I'm planning to make an application to get a dependent Tier 2 for my UK born son.
So my most recent application would be the Tier 2 application in 2010. But the approval letter doesn't mention any reference number. There is a reference number on the receipt I got for the payment made on that day at PEO. Thats why I'm not sure where to get this reference number from.
Thanks for your time.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Kishorbm wrote:
republique wrote:
Kishorbm wrote:
republique wrote: Look at previous approval letters.
My first application with UKBA was for work permit in 2008, then in 2010 I made another application to switch to Tier 2. Now I'm planning to make an application to get a dependent Tier 2 for my UK born son.
So my most recent application would be the Tier 2 application in 2010. But the approval letter doesn't mention any reference number. There is a reference number on the receipt I got for the payment made on that day at PEO. Thats why I'm not sure where to get this reference number from.
Thanks for your time.
i find it hard to believe, there is always a reference number, how else can than process all these application. use the number on the visa perhaps or call them up

yuwushih2005
BANNED

Post by yuwushih2005 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm

My previous application was for a work permit (done by my employer in UK) in 2008.Image

lala2312
Newly Registered

Post by lala2312 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:43 pm

The home office would have sent you a correspondence (a letter confirming that your application has been approved) when they returned your documents. The reference number should be on the top right corner of the letter.