ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted with 360 Days Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skrai4u
Newly Registered

ILR Granted with 360 Days Absence

Post by skrai4u » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi
Just wanted to write some notes up regarding my experience at PEO Croydon (17th July 2012).
Type of application: SET (O)
Visa: Tier 1 (switched from Work Permit in 2008)
Type of Employment: Ltd Company (since 2010)
No. of applicants: 1 + 3 dependants

Stage 1: I had a 8.00 a.m. appointment and as per the appointment guidelines I was there by 7:30 a.m. Been on time. Straight forward airport style security check.

Stage 2: Provided Name of applicatants checked validity of application and (I took advantage of 3 month period+28 days) and told to go first floor and pay the fee. At first floor Got called for initial document and passports checks. After doing that was sent to second floor for BRP. We were called for biometrics, which happened after 3-4 mins and the biometrics part is pretty straightforward. Fingerprints and photo and that's it.

Stage 3: Paid £3444/- and was straightforward - need to present the card that you have filled details for in the application and the person at the window processes the payment. I didn't have to call my bank (HSBC) that a big payment was going out, however I understand this could vary from one bank to another, so do check.

Stage 4: We went and waited in the waiting area. Got called by a caseworker who checked the passports, the payment receipt and then said 'give me all the documents you have in support of the application'.
I have handed over two files one originals and another one copy of all the documents. Total absences was 360 days but none exceded more than 90 days. The file copntained the following:
1. Passports
2. Life in the UK test certs
3. payslips X 12
4. div vouchers (as applicable for the period you are claiming)
5. personal bank statements X 12
6. business bank statements X 12
7. letter from accountant
8. List of absences
9. Letter from client and accountantt regarding absences.
10. cohabitation documents.

Stage 5: Caseworker said wait for 1-2 hours in waiting area and she will let us know.

Stage 6: CW called at 1.00PM and sais application is fine but she cant do security check due ti IT Problem hence leave your mobile number she will call me tomn. We came out of home offive and travelled back to home. Reached at home 3.00PM and got Spammy Spammer on mobile that my ILR granted and can collect document next day in person from ROD desk.

Stage 7: (18/07/2012) This morning been to Home office and got returned all originals and passports along with a letter. The letter doesn't actually talk about the ILR or for how long etc.. it's only about the biometric cards etc so don't panic if you don't get a 'congrats, you are successful' type of letter as is the case with Tier 1 applications etc.

Stage 9: well! pack up!

Few observations (some could be specific to Croydon PEO).

1. Please don't walk in with any sort of prejudice about the way the staff might treat you. I found the folks at Croydonl very professional, very helpful and really polite. This includes officers at the security checks all the way to biometrics, payments etc.

2. As vague as the ILR documentation requirements seem to be, if you follow the checklist in the application form, you'll have everything covered. When asked for docs, give all the documents (in my case I did).

3. I was doing preparation of the application for last two months because I was waiting for supporting documents (from bank, accountant etc) till the last minute.

Hope someone finds this notes useful.
Last but not least thanks to all the moderators and other members of this forum.

Update (19/07/2012): Got my BRP this morning.
Last edited by skrai4u on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

KD1

Post by KD1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 pm

skrai4u- congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.

I had a few specific queries and would be great if you could answer:

1. What details did your accountant letter mention?
2. Did you get asked about P&L statements?
3. Did you limited company financial year coincide with the period of earnings you claimed.
4. Did you select Tier 1 general in the form regarding immigration category?
5. Did you carry any documents relating to your immigration status while on WP?

Thanks

sman123
Newly Registered

Post by sman123 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Congratulations and best of luck on your future. :D

Do you mind telling me what was your highest absence period. I have several short absences around 30-50 day period. Wondering if these are short/long in UKBA's perspective?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Good Luck mate!!

Thanks for sharing your success story

Please let us know when you receive the biometric card by post

Thanks,

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:50 pm

1. What details did your accountant letter mention? -
Dividend+salary details (Gross Earning and % of share in Ltd Company)
2. Did you get asked about P&L statements?
No
3. Did you limited company financial year coincide with the period of earnings you claimed.
No
4. Did you select Tier 1 general in the form regarding immigration category?
Yes
5. Did you carry any documents relating to your immigration status while on WP?
Yes and they asked for it.
Do you mind telling me what was your highest absence period. I have several short absences around 30-50 day period.
Highest absence - 83 days. Anything less than 90 OK for them.
I will inform once get BRP.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:20 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

I must say that you're an extremely lucky person to have your ILR issued even at 360 days of absence in total very very surprising.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 am

Smam wrote:Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

I must say that you're an extremely lucky person to have your ILR issued even at 360 days of absence in total very very surprising.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

I agree with you that I was lucky. However to reinforce my luck, I did SWOT of my application and concentrated on weakness and threat factor. After analysing my application, prepared series of possible question. Prepared and got all the document to support those questions (letter from accountant for business absences, letter from client for absenses,all invoices for absence period, all payslip and dividend vouchers for absence period, 5 years of bank statement for personal and 3 years for business. All the above documents were asked by CW.
I also carried invoices,airtickets etc but that were not requested by CW. Doing proper homework and lot of luck led me to success.
All the best for you and other.

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:32 am

Smam wrote:Hi

Update (19/07/2012): Got my BRP this morning.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:04 am

Man thats the quickest I have seen, BC with in 24 hours. You are a lucky man!!

Secondly, you have got a letter from Accountant for Absence. How will this have any impact on the application. Let me know how you think it will help

Letter from client is absolutely necessary.

Thanks,

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 am

ITGraduate wrote:Man thats the quickest I have seen, BC with in 24 hours. You are a lucky man!!

Secondly, you have got a letter from Accountant for Absence. How will this have any impact on the application. Let me know how you think it will help

Letter from client is absolutely necessary.

Thanks,
Accountant letter was crucial regarding absences. In my opinion an accountant living in UK gives a letter that he knows that you have take all the trips outside country that put a lot of weightage. My accontant had already verified all remitance, airtickets etc for this purpose and then agreed to provide letter regarding Absences.

I think that helped me a lot.

KD1

Post by KD1 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:49 am

skrai4u - congrats on your success and thanks for your response.

My absences are less than 140 days across the 5 years with the only issue being that I was off the UK payroll (working offshore) for about 36 days - am hoping that this will not be an issue as it is well within the 90 day limit.

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 pm

KD1 wrote:skrai4u - congrats on your success and thanks for your response.

My absences are less than 140 days across the 5 years with the only issue being that I was off the UK payroll (working offshore) for about 36 days - am hoping that this will not be an issue as it is well within the 90 day limit.
I don't think any issue with your ILR. You should be though. All the best.

ilrsept12
Newly Registered

Post by ilrsept12 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 pm

How did your interview go? Did the case worker disregard every business absence below 90 days straight away? The reason I ask this is because I have a lot of business absences < 90 days, but in terms of months. So was wondering if they consider these as short absences? Or do they require senior case worker's approval to disregard these.

Following are my absences.

Business Absences (none of these are to my home country) :

1/22/2008 3/12/2008 49
3/12/2008 4/25/2008 43
4/28/2008 7/17/2008 79
8/4/2008 10/3/2008 59
10/5/2008 10/31/2008 25
11/2/2008 1/16/2009 74
2/11/2009 3/13/2009 29
3/15/2009 5/9/2009 54

Thanks a lot

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm

ilrsept12 wrote:How did your interview go? Did the case worker disregard every business absence below 90 days straight away? The reason I ask this is because I have a lot of business absences < 90 days, but in terms of months. So was wondering if they consider these as short absences? Or do they require senior case worker's approval to disregard these.

Following are my absences.

Business Absences (none of these are to my home country) :

1/22/2008 3/12/2008 49
3/12/2008 4/25/2008 43
4/28/2008 7/17/2008 79
8/4/2008 10/3/2008 59
10/5/2008 10/31/2008 25
11/2/2008 1/16/2009 74
2/11/2009 3/13/2009 29
3/15/2009 5/9/2009 54

Thanks a lot
CW has disregard all the business visits below 90 days straight away. She did not even consulted to senior case worker for approval to disregard these absenses. I got letter from my accontant and client to prove the requirement of business trips. She was fine with the document provided. She also checked company business account as well. I dont think you will have any problem in getting your ILR approved as you dont have any absences more than 90 days. Good Luck.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm

dear skrai4u,

I know you got a letter from your accountant for your absesces

did that letter cover only business absences or contained both business and private holidays to your home country?

I need one and hence I am asking this query. My accountant says how can i give you a letter for your private holidays

please help

Thanks,

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:10 pm

ITGraduate wrote:dear skrai4u,

I know you got a letter from your accountant for your absesces

did that letter cover only business absences or contained both business and private holidays to your home country?

I need one and hence I am asking this query. My accountant says how can i give you a letter for your private holidays

please help

Thanks,
I am giving the letter format and content I have used in my ILR. Please see below.

To
The Assessing Officer,
Indefinite Leave to Remain –Set O,
UK Border Agency,
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon, CR9 2BY

Sub: xxxxxxxxxxx (Your Name) Business Trip to xxxxxxx (Country Name).

Dear Sir/Madam,

xxxxxxxxx (Your Name) took following business trip to xxxxxxx (client name and address) from Jan., xxxx to Dec., xxxx. He was required to be in xxxx (country name) for organising his company (Your Ltd. Company Name) business activities during that duration.

We can confirm from details available to us that, he took these overseas travels given in table below to xxxxx (country name) to carryout business related activities.

Sl. No. Date From Date To Number of Days Present in xxx (country Name)
1. 02nd Feb., xxxx 12th March xxxx xx
2. 02nd April., xxxx 30th June xxxx xx

If you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxx (Accountant name and his Membership No.---------------)
Address and email etc.

This letter was given by my accountant only for business trips. I had very less (less than 85 days altogether) personal trips hence was not a problem for me.
Hope this will help you. This is very helpful because get authenticated by your accountant who provide you earning/dividend letter as well. It was very helpful in my case. All the best for your ILR.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for the template. I will aswell get a letter from my accountant for business trips

My personal absence are 160 in last 5 years. Business 112. so total 272

Thanks,

goodssb

Re: ILR Granted with 360 Days Absence

Post by goodssb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:47 pm

skrai4u - big congrats!

Just one question, Did you bring 5 years P60 with you to prove your economic activity in the qualifying period?

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Granted with 360 Days Absence

Post by skrai4u » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 pm

goodssb wrote:skrai4u - big congrats!

Just one question, Did you bring 5 years P60 with you to prove your economic activity in the qualifying period?
No, I did not carried P60 for 5 Years (just got for three years only and did not give to CW). I carried with me all the salary slip and bank statement but was not asked by CW.