ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Time FBR

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christine2562
Newly Registered

Processing Time FBR

Post by christine2562 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:45 pm

I just applied for citizenship through a grandparent through the SF consulate. The have quoted an 18-24 month processing time. Is this right? Does anyone know if it will come faster? This seems like a really long time.

fillmore
Newly Registered

FBR san francisco

Post by fillmore » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:20 pm

The San Francisco Consulate is about 21 months ,According to Erin Go Brad.com

Good Luck 8)

bobsowc
Newly Registered

Post by bobsowc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

Hi christine2562,

I applied April 2012, In June I got a letter requesting more paperwork. I sent them the requested paperwork the following week and I haven't heard from them since. I have been quoted that it is currently taking 18-24 months to process. The good news is they are not going to process any of the online applications until all the mailed in applications are processed.

Have you heard anything yet?

Bob

mattie
Newly Registered

Post by mattie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:57 am

I applied for FBR at the Washington, DC Embassy in October 2012 and was told that it used to take over a year there but they're hoping to get it down to 6 months with the new online application system. (I was one of the first people to apply online.) Haven't heard back yet.

For what it's worth, if anyone's able, I'd DEFINITELY recommend taking your paperwork in in person if possible. There was a minor problem with mine that I'd imagine would have caused big delays if they'd had to send it back instead of just telling me as I was submitting the documents. (The notary public who'd notarized my dad's photo ID had had her license expire before I'd submitted the paperwork. Even though it was valid when she notarized it. Ugh!)