ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR based on 10-years long residence - Please help.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heinz_Tomato
Newly Registered

ILR based on 10-years long residence - Please help.

Post by Heinz_Tomato » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:38 pm

Dear All:

Happy new year!

I am posting this on behalf of my friend regarding the possibility for her to apply the ILR based on 10-years long residence.

The details are:

1. She first came to the UK in 1997 with student visa.
2. She went on Maternity leave by end of 2003 to her native country.
3. She came back once in 2005 for about 6 Months ( to join her husband who was a student at that time )
4. She’s coming to the UK in May 2007 with a work permit visa.

The question is:

Can she still apply the ILR based on 10-years long residence?

I have done some research for her, and appreciate that she is not stay here continuously, my another question is can she apply the ILR in 2010, to cover the 3 years she’s not in here?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR based on 10-years long residence - Please help.

Post by Wanderer » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Heinz_Tomato wrote:Dear All:

Happy new year!

I am posting this on behalf of my friend regarding the possibility for her to apply the ILR based on 10-years long residence.

The details are:

1. She first came to the UK in 1997 with student visa.
2. She went on Maternity leave by end of 2003 to her native country.
3. She came back once in 2005 for about 6 Months ( to join her husband who was a student at that time )
4. She’s coming to the UK in May 2007 with a work permit visa.

The question is:

Can she still apply the ILR based on 10-years long residence?

I have done some research for her, and appreciate that she is not stay here continuously, my another question is can she apply the ILR in 2010, to cover the 3 years she’s not in here?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

All the best.
I'm no expert here but I'm reasonably sure her 10 years to ILR will start again in March 2007 so ur looking at 2017.

Seems fair to me, anyway.

ppron747
inactive

Re: ILR based on 10-years long residence - Please help.

Post by ppron747 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:12 pm

Wanderer wrote:I'm no expert here but I'm reasonably sure her 10 years to ILR will start again in March 2007 so ur looking at 2017.

Seems fair to me, anyway.
I agree that the gaps appear to put paid to a long-residence ILR application in 2007, but if Heinz_Tomato's friend is coming back on a work permit, it seems to me that she should be eligible for ILR after five years (as the Rules are at the moment, anyway) without having to use the ten-year provision. So 2012, I think - unless I'm missing something....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Mafia

Post by Mafia » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:28 pm

I would concur with Paul. As things stand at the moment, Heinz_Tomato's (Tesco_Tomato equally good and cheaper, by the way :!: ) friend should be eligible for ILR in 2012. There is no need to wait 10 years to apply under the long residence rules.

It will be helpful if more precise dates of the stay in and departure from UK are posted so that we can provide a better answer.

The Mafia ... :twisted:
(Introducing a bit of humour to a dry subject)
Providing alternative opinions ... for better decisions.