ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Embassy Islamabad refused visa for hubby 2004/38 dir.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRAQAI

French Embassy Islamabad refused visa for hubby 2004/38 dir.

Post by SRAQAI » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:47 am

This post is more of an update to our case, for my husband, who is in Pakistan, and we are trying to get him a schengan visa to France under the directive 2004/38. As per my last posts, hubby went for interview and all went well and was told that he would get a call to pick up his passport within 15 days, which is the norm under this directive. To our surprise, he went after getting a call, to get his passport, expecting a visa. Nope!! Instead a letter saying something along the lines of the fact that my husband has no need to go to France to join me there for a visit and that if we wish to appeal then we have to do so within 2 months! Mad!!! Cannot believe the games this lot are playing.

I have contacted our legal caseworker and they will deal with all this, I just wanted to update those people who might be going thru this in pakistan. Pakistani spouses entering France under this directive is very hard, and on top of it, the French do not care that they are breaking the EU laws, which were outlined in a 3 page letter in French by caseworker and submitted to them with visa application. They have made it hard for us to get an appointment in the first place, they are infringing on my own rights as an eu citizen and British citizen by stopping me from enjoying my right of having my husband with me when I go to France. It's a joke to them and pathetic.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 am

Get Solvit involved now. Also complain to the European Commission. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/11 ... fectively/

Are you based in the UK?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:05 am

Be aware of the documents (with highlighting!) at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/other-schengen/

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Get Solvit involved now. Also complain to the European Commission. See http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/11 ... fectively/

Are you based in the UK?
This is the problem. UK Solvit are useless.... It is a one man band, and Ms. Chris Kcorz who runs this does not have the interest of the right of EU citizens at hand, in fact she takes the interest of EU organizations, such as the French Embassy's interests at hand. I have already complained to the EU Commission and the Ombudsman about this and they responded saying that French Embassy's are not dealt with by them and I have to go through the internal domestic French Ombudsman. Its a joke. Now I can see how and why people call the EU the most corrupt organization. The Aire centre, who was helping me with this case have also passed the buck.... they dont want to help me with an appeal and told me to contact a french lawyer, because they think its to do with french domestic immigration, even though its clearly under EU law that we are using and its a breach of EU Laws; freedom of movement.

I am based in the UK, but I am off to Pakistan in 2 days time.

Do I have to have legal representation in order to make an appeal?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:48 pm

OK. Well what about calling the French embassy in London?

You do not need to have a lawyer to appeal.

I would suggest you look through the highlighted documents I have collected at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/other-schengen/ Free movement specific portions are highlighted in yellow

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:OK. Well what about calling the French embassy in London?

You do not need to have a lawyer to appeal.

I would suggest you look through the highlighted documents I have collected at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/other-schengen/ Free movement specific portions are highlighted in yellow
Thanks for the link. I am off to Pakistan tomorrow anyway, and whilst there I am going to try and sort this out. I made a few phone calls to some lawyers and they are all useless - seem to know nothing about this directive and those that do, say that I have to be living in France, before this kicks in. I dont know whether contacting to French Embassy here would do anything or make much difference, I thought about that, but they'd just refer me back to their counterpart in Pakistan.

Thanks so much for your advise, much appreciated :)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:34 pm

SRAQAI wrote:I made a few phone calls to some lawyers and they are all useless - seem to know nothing about this directive and those that do, say that I have to be living in France, before this kicks in.
A lot of them are useless. But there are some out there who are good. I hope...
SRAQAI wrote:I dont know whether contacting to French Embassy here would do anything or make much difference, I thought about that, but they'd just refer me back to their counterpart in Pakistan.
Do not do that! That is silly. Let them refuse to help you, or let them help you. But give them the chance. Somebody else (on these forums) reported getting help from the London embassy with respect to an application in ??? maybe Pakistan. I think it was in the last two months.

cooksgushi
BANNED

Post by cooksgushi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:43 pm

seem to know nothing about this directive and those that do,Image

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Somebody else (on these forums) reported getting help from the London embassy with respect to an application in ??? maybe Pakistan. I think it was in the last two months.
I think it was the OP themselves.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#672490

That said, if they were helpful in the past, why not call on their services again? It might just work.