ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

***Naturalization - Employment Query***Urgent Advise Pls****

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

***Naturalization - Employment Query***Urgent Advise Pls****

Post by Due4ILR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi All,

While filling the form (AN), I came across the point (3.2) where I need to mark one of the below -

1) An Employee
2) A Business Partner
3) Self-Employed
4) Director

Situation is, I'm recently moved from Contractor to Permanent (on 23rd July) whereas previously in the same company from last 2.4 years I was working as my own Ltd company contractor (i.e Director in my own company). As the move is just been a week, I'm still waiting for final bills to be settled as contractor, and I've to pay corporation Tax and liablity on my ltd company and planning to strike off.

I understand I've to mark as (Employee) as of current status, but date when i apply (i.e. 3rd Aug), I'll be an Employee and Director(of ltd company) in theory. Do i need give any justification for my role as director, and provide information/tax paid on company?

Note - as soon as I get all the bills settled and tax paid, I'm planning to strike off company. Which is next month.

Or Just to avoid confusion, Shall I mark as An Employee and Give my Permanent employee company details.

Also Point 3.5 - Address of Tax Office or Tax office Reference (Shall i just give NI Number)?

Note - Being on Ltd company, I use to get Salary (as director) and paid all NI and ENI and Tax..

Any suggestion welcome...

Many Thanks for your help in advance on above?
Last edited by Due4ILR on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

Re: ***Naturalization - Employment Related Query***

Post by Due4ILR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Due4ILR wrote:Hi All,

While filling the form (AN), I came across the point (3.2) where I need to mark one of the below -

1) An Employee
2) A Business Partner
3) Self-Employed
4) Director

Situation is, I'm recently moved from Contractor to Permanent (on 23rd July) whereas previously in the same company from last 2.4 years I was working as my own Ltd company contractor (i.e Director in my own company). As the move is just been a week, I'm still waiting for final bills to be settled as contractor, and I've to pay corporation Tax and liablity on my ltd company and planning to strike off.

I understand I've to mark as (Employee) as of current status, but date when i apply (i.e. 3rd Aug), I'll be an Employee and Director(of ltd company) in theory. Do i need give any justification for my role as director, and provide information/tax paid on company?

Note - as soon as I get all the bills settled and tax paid, I'm planning to strike off company. Which is next month.

Or Just to avoid confusion, Shall I mark as An Employee and Give my Permanent employee company details.

Also Point 3.5 - Address of Tax Office or Tax office Reference (Shall i just give NI Number)?

Note - Being on Ltd company, I use to get Salary (as director) and paid all NI and ENI and Tax..

Guru's - Please advise?

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

Re: ***Naturalization - Employment Related Query***

Post by Due4ILR » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Due4ILR wrote:
Due4ILR wrote:Hi All,

1) An Employee
2) A Business Partner
3) Self-Employed
4) Director

Guru's - Please advise - Waiting to hear suggestions?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:14 pm

I would just mark employee and provide details of current employer.

The HO could always check for your past tax records (as director) if they wish.

For point 3.5 - ask for details from your payroll department.

Due4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Due4ILR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Jambo wrote:I would just mark employee and provide details of current employer.

The HO could always check for your past tax records (as director) if they wish.

For point 3.5 - ask for details from your payroll department.

Thanks a lot Jambo, much appreciated....

But, as I've joined company on 23rd of July. I'll be getting first salary from company on 25th August. If I give new Tax ref: and if HO is trying to check Tax credited under new Tax Code, (before 25th August) than they will not be able to findout anything?

Will this make a difference?

Thanks again for reply...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:32 pm

With the current timescales, I would be surprised if the HO would look at your application just a few weeks after applying.

They could always find your details using your NI (which you provide in the first section of the form). In fact, I suspect they always use NI to search for your data (as this will provide your historical data as well).