ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa stamping!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiktiki

Visa stamping!!

Post by tiktiki » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:22 pm

I am on tier 2 ICT.I have got a new job and employer is ready to sponsor my wp.My last wp was renewed 12 april 2011.Can I stamp my new wp from UK or do I have to come back to home country for stamping.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Depends on the type of ICT you currently hold. You can apply from inside the UK if you hold the following categories:

Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer: Established Staff) if you are applying to change sponsor.

Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer), under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 if you are applying to change sponsor.

Please note that Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Long Term Staff granted leave, under the rules in place after 6 April 2011 cannot switch into Tier 2
(General)

If you can't switch inside the UK and need to apply from your home country, there is also the 12 month cooling off period to consider.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Does that mean that I have to wait for 12 months cooling off period??I have gone through the guidance.There is a rule of 6april 2011.But will it apply for me also as I have renewed my wp ON 13 APRIL 2011 .I am on ICT for last 8 years.My company is not ready to give ILR letter thats why dint get ILR.
Please advise as company is ready to give offer letter but I have to make sure if I can apply from within uk Or outside UK.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 pm

SORRY ITS A TYPO MISTAKE I M ON ICT SINCE 2009.PLZ ADV.