ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice please! Uk Court Decree for Divorce or not?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sherjan

Advice please! Uk Court Decree for Divorce or not?

Post by sherjan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi All

I am on Tier-1 (General Visa). I have been divorced. My first wife was granted dependent visa. However, marriage became to an end.

Then, I married again in Pakistan and planning to apply wife's visa. I have query related to divorce.

Our previous marriage and divorce both had done in Pakistan.

1. Do I need UK court decree for divorce? As I understand that person needs UK court decree if marriage or divorce proceeded in UK. Second UK court decree applicable to a settled person or British national. Please verify.

Much appreciate for reply in advance.

Many Thanks

Sherjan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:58 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Thank a lot for sharing the information.

After reading the thread I got a message that everyone confused so am I! :-( Anyhow, I will jump and will know the depth of the ocean.

Kind Regards

Sher

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 am

Hi Guys

I found one more interesting and informative case regarding Divorce with Ex-wife and then 2nd marriage

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Thanks

sherjan

Post by sherjan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Country of application - Pakistan
**********Lahore***********
05/07/2012: Application Submitted for One dependent (Wife) through Gerry Lahore.
05/07/2012: Application forwarded to Islamabad OC
19/07/2012 4:25 AM: Visa application is under process at the British High Commission 18/07/2012
26/07/2012 09:15AM: Ready for collection
26/07/2012 15:00: Passport Collected-Visa Granted

Facts about Visa Application

1. Visa Granted in Total 22 days or 16 working days
2. Just need £600 for any dependent

i) I have maintained funds as follows
April = £1100
May = £1200
June = £1400
3. My previous wife had also granted dependent visa. I submitted Pakistani Divorce certificate (attested by foreign office) with new wife’s documents. I was bit worried on this front that I could need to provide UK based divorce decree but Pakistani Divorce Certificate was fine. I extra thing I have done that I updated Home Office and British High Commission Pakistan about my previous relationship break down.
I also sent HO and BHC Islamabad Tier-1 change of circumstances form when I got Divorce Certificate. I think informing HO and BHC during any change of circumstances process (not only divorce related) help you to avoid any complication in future.