ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor's license application delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shamino

Post by Shamino » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:58 am

Hi Johnjkjk

Thanks for sharing us your experience in this matter.

It would seem that your recommendations would be for what I am to do to submit my visa application, if my employer is successful with their sponsorship licence application.

The current dilemma I'm facing is, my employer is submitting their sponsorship licence application today, and there are 5 working days left on my Tier 5 visa.

Now from my understanding, the urgent treatment is not 100% guaranteed. If this is the scenario, my employer's sponsorship licence application will be placed at the bottom of the queue and therefore this will take from three to four months before they receive an answer.

I couldn't submit my visa application until I know whether my employer is successful or not.

My question is, in regards to urgent treatment, is how likely my employer will be able to get their application processed within 1 weeks time?

As I understand you need to have a really good reason to have the application escalated.

johnjkjk

Post by johnjkjk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Shamino,

It is very unlikely that your application will get processed within a week, the minimum is 2-4 weeks including receiving the approval letter.

Why are you concerned that your company's licence will not be granted? As long as the correct supporting documents are supplied and the business and job is genuine, all should be well. As far as I'm aware, they will consider urgent treatment requests if the migrant to be sponsored has 2 weeks or less remaining on their visa.

If you're on a Tier 5 visa, you do have the option of making an application from overseas once the licence comes through, if you prefer, albeit with a restricted COS. Had you been on Tier 2 presently, you would have been subject to a 12 month 'cooling off period'.

Shamino

Post by Shamino » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Heya Johnjkjk

thanks again for the reply.

I suppose time will tell when my employer's licence is granted. I have informed them that the sponsorship licence application might take 3 to 4 months to process, which I am pretty prepared for.

My employer was thinking it was possible to obtain urgent treatment.

I supposed I'm concerned because this is pretty much out of my hands. I've heard it shouldn't be a problem

I just spoke to the employer hotline, and they mentioned that once my employer is successful, they will need to log onto the system a request for a restricted CoS

But yes I have a better understanding of how this works now. I'll be out of the country for a 3-4 months, go back to Australia to apply for my visa once I get a restricted CoS and then go from there

much appreciated for the assistance :)

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi all,

The number of employers in the UKBA list has reduced today from 25407 (yesterday's number) to 25395 (today's number)!

I am again worried after seeing good progress in their number over the past few days.

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Sussex, yeah there have definitely been some gains the past few weeks in terms adding to the register of sponsors. I figure as long as the # is changing it should be a positive sign. I'd be more worried if the # was static, which means they are doing nothing.

sha23

continue here

Post by sha23 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:35 am

Hi All,

Please continue discussion regarding Sponsor License on this thread so that everybody benefits from discussions at a single place.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=140