ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ejobs_01

ILR

Post by ejobs_01 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:22 pm

Hello all,

I have a query vis-a-vis the route required to obtain ILR. I tried to obtain this information from all possible links but to no avail. Would a combination of WP and HSMP for the requisite 4/5 yrs be eligible for ILR or does one require a total term of WP or HSMP only.

I would be very thankful if someone could throw some light on this or provide some links.

Wish you all a very happy 2007.

Sincerely,

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:22 pm

The answer is yes. Can't find any links to back this up but the application form is here:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... 181006.pdf
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Mafia

Post by Mafia » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Dawie wrote:The answer is yes. Can't find any links to back this up but the application form is here:
See below for extracts from paragraph 135G of the Immigration rules http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawand ... tionrules/

"135G. The requirements for indefinite leave to remain for a person who has been granted leave as a highly skilled migrant are that the applicant:

(i) has spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the United Kingdom, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a highly skilled migrant (in accordance with paragraphs 135A to 135F of these Rules), and the remainder must be made up of leave as a highly skilled migrant, leave as a work permit holder (under paragraphs 128 to 133 of these Rules), or leave as an Innovator (under paragraphs 210A to 210F of these Rules); and ... "

The Mafia ... :twisted:
Providing alternative opinions ... for better decisions.

ejobs_01

Post by ejobs_01 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:50 am

Thanks guys for the pointers which has cleared the doubts. Much appreciated.

Sincerely,