ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning points for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kannit

Earning points for ILR

Post by kannit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:37 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier1 extension.

I have heard that for ILR application, the points claim for earning (rather total points) should be equal to or greater than one claimed during last Tier1 extension. Is this true?

In my case, I am working as contractor but in near future I may change to permanent job which will will eventually decrease my earning band and hence points as well. Will this create a problem during ILR application?

Regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 pm

it should meet the minimum salary criteria so if you were granted tier1 before april 2010 you need to be earning 22999 minimum to score 20 points.

hope this helps

kannit

Post by kannit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:32 pm

innocentdevil wrote:it should meet the minimum salary criteria so if you were granted tier1 before april 2010 you need to be earning 22999 minimum to score 20 points.

hope this helps
Thanks innocentdevil!
What I understand from your reply is that ILR earning point has nothing to do with last Tier1 extension earning points and they are not compared during ILR application?

orcas
Newly Registered

Post by orcas » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:15 pm

kannit wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:it should meet the minimum salary criteria so if you were granted tier1 before april 2010 you need to be earning 22999 minimum to score 20 points.

hope this helps
Thanks innocentdevil!
What I understand from your reply is that ILR earning point has nothing to do with last Tier1 extension earning points and they are not compared during ILR application?
If you got your tier 1 under the point based system, you will still need to get 75 points for the ILR. so the salary bands does not matter as long as you still manage to get 75 points.

kannit

Post by kannit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:29 pm

orcas wrote:
kannit wrote:

hope this helps
Thanks innocentdevil!
If you got your tier 1 under the point based system, you will still need to get 75 points for the ILR. so the salary bands does not matter as long as you still manage to get 75 points.
Brilliant! Thanks!