ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job circumstances changed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicolerose03
Newly Registered

Job circumstances changed

Post by nicolerose03 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi,

I am sorry if this is already a thread somewhere, but I looked as best I could and couldn't find the answer!

I submitted my FLR(M) Unmarried partner application about 7 weeks ago and for the last two years I have had a full time job. Unfortunately this week we have all been made redundant because of where I work has closed our store.

As my application is still being decided, I assume I need to write to the UKBA and tell them what's happened?

Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Do you? Does the application form ask you to notify a change of circumstances? You gave true information at the time you signed the form.
Others may disagree with me. :?

nicolerose03
Newly Registered

Post by nicolerose03 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

It only says this on the declaration when you sign the application:

'I confirm that if, before this application is decided, there is a material change in my circumstances or new information relevant to this application becomes available, I will inform UKBA.'

I'm only concerned that if I don't tell them, and then they do an employment check it will look like I've lied.

:(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:20 pm

You're right. Checks on your employment could be made. Can you meet the financial conditions for FLR(M) without your employment? Will you be paid redundancy?

nicolerose03
Newly Registered

Post by nicolerose03 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:30 pm

My application was posted June 10th, so luckily before those new rules came in. So that aspect should be fine!

I can't seem to get a copy of the application form I used though which is frustrating! I want to post the letter tomorrow with a quote etc.
The one I used was the April version.

No redundancy pay no. The company made sure to shut the shop before we'd been employed for 2 years! :(