ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent child born outside of UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sirinomula
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent child born outside of UK

Post by sirinomula » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 pm

I am on Tier1 general visa. Visa start date is 01st Jan 2011, but entered UK on 14th march 2011. I will be applying for my extension during Dec 2012. My query is about my child's dependent visa and ILR
My child is 4 months old, born in India, will apply for for Dependent visa in Sep'12, will she have to be in UK for 5 years to be eligible for ILR or can i apply for child's ILR along with me and my wife during Dec 2015? My wife has got dependent visa already and was here with me for 8 months during 2011.

sirinomula
Newly Registered

Post by sirinomula » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:24 pm

pls advise

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 pm

sirinomula wrote:pls advise
They will ask about your spouse only while applying ILR. You need to cohabitation document for 2 years while your applying ILR for all dependents.

Regarding your child , it is not necessary that she need be here for 5 years continuously . u can apply ILR along with your application.
Sorry for asking , is your child is in india now ?

sirinomula
Newly Registered

Post by sirinomula » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:50 pm

yesm child is in India. planning to apply for EC in sep'12