ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce After 3 years

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorp_83
Newly Registered

Divorce After 3 years

Post by scorp_83 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:15 am

Hi all,
I am in a really awkward situation.My self non eu married to Eu national for three years and now we are heading for divorce.We lived together for one and half year and after that we had on and off relationship for few months.Now she is living with her new BF.So what are my options?will i be able to retain my residence or what will be my last resort?..thanks everybody for reading it hope to get help from you guys..

rlow68

Re: Divorce After 3 years

Post by rlow68 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:45 pm

scorp_83 wrote:Hi all,
I am in a really awkward situation.My self non eu married to Eu national for three years and now we are heading for divorce.We lived together for one and half year and after that we had on and off relationship for few months.Now she is living with her new BF.So what are my options?will i be able to retain my residence or what will be my last resort?..thanks everybody for reading it hope to get help from you guys..
you can retain right only if you divorce after three years of marriage, as far as she has not divorce you before the 3rd year, even if she is living with a new bf, as far as the justice department do not know, and you get divorced after 3 years and possibly you are working, no problem ma, just be positive

khan24

Re: Divorce After 3 years

Post by khan24 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:27 pm

rlow68 wrote:
scorp_83 wrote:Hi all,
you can retain right only if you divorce after three years of marriage, as far as she has not divorce you before the 3rd year, even if she is living with a new bf, as far as the justice department do not know, and you get divorced after 3 years and possibly you are working, no problem ma, just be positive
Article 13 (2) (a) of Directive 2004/38/EC, as implemented by Regulation 10 (2) (b) of the 2006 Regulations, which provides that family members of Union Citizens shall not entail the loss of the right of residence in circumstances where, prior to the initiation of the Divorce, the marriage lasted 3 years, one year of which was in the Member State.

keep all your(joint) documents together (as much as you can) as you need them to submit it along with your application for retention on yr own rights.

scorp_83
Newly Registered

Post by scorp_83 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 am

thanks rlow84 & khan24 hope i will get through.I will meet lawyer next week.As far as supporting documents are concerned i have some and then she changed all her details she didn't cooperative with me after we split.but fingers crossed lets see what future holds for me. :?

khan24

Good Luck !

Post by khan24 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:41 am

Hopefully you v'l ..stay positive !