ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

clarification required on new english requirements tests

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

owais5
Newly Registered

clarification required on new english requirements tests

Post by owais5 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:35 am

Hi guys,

As we all the that settlement applications for ILR from OCT/2012 will mean all applicants will have to undergo and additional english test apart from KOL in UK test which will need to passed atleast at B1 level.

As a PBS migrant Tier 1 I already have a UK masters MBA degree so my questions are

1).Would I be exempt from these tests?
2). My wife does not have a degree so I am assuming she will have to undergo the tests she and myself qualify for ILR on NOV5/2012
3). I cant seem to find enough informations on these english tests on UKBA website as most of the information relates is to previously A1 level tests.
4) Considering our leave for 5 year time matures in NOV 5/2012 if we made the application by end of Sept which would mean we breach the 28 days rule of applying earlier by 5 days - question is would the home office accept our application.

Your advice would really be appreciated and if someone can send me the link so I can study and help my wife to prepare for these new english requirements to give ourselves much peach of mind- thanks for reading