ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shouraid
Newly Registered

ILR success Solihull

Post by shouraid » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 am

Hi guys,

I am writing to thank all of you for making this discussion board, a wealth of information and guidance for those with immigration applications, very impressive!!

My ILR application was submitted in Solihull on 27/07/12, and was based on 5 years continuous employment (WP 1 year, WP for another 3 years, and Tier2 for the last year). Staff were very nice and professional. My case worker was very friendly, i was asked for the following:
-current passport, and old passport
-2 photos
-my current biometric permit (Tier2)
-application form
-employer's letter
-last payslip
-last bank statement (i had requested 6 months statment from the bank)
-life in the UK test

The case worker asks for a document, checks it then look on the system, then ask for the next one, until she had them all. I supplied photocopies of all documents, but i don't think it's a problem if you don't. The whole interview took around 20-30 mins, she then said "everything is absolutely fine" and that i need to go and pay at the counter. When i went back she said she will need to keep original documents for office paperwork and i will get them at the end. I was then asked to wait for my turn to do biometric enrolement, that took around 10 minutes. I was told to then come back in around 1-1.5 hours.

I waited around for less than an hour, and my approval letter was handed out to me, with my original documents, and was told that my biometric permit will arrive as per guidance. The whole process took around 2-2.5 hours, and it was overall a good experience. I have been preparing for this application for months, and had loads of documents ready in case, but i was only asked for what is mentioned above.

I would to thank everyone who contributed with their experience and advice to this board, and wish everyone good luck with their applications.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:02 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

You've mentioned in your post that you had a 20 minutes interview with the CW which looks quite scary to me will you please kindly tell us a bit more in details what kind of questions did the CW asked from you and also I wanted to ask you that did the CW asked you about your employment history from the HMRC or your 5 years of P60's.

Please kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

shouraid
Newly Registered

Post by shouraid » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Smam,
The only reason the CW took sometime is because she was friendly and asked me about my job in general, and life in UK. I also asked her to clarify things for me (eg what date can i apply for citizenship...)
As far as HMRC, she had my national insurance number, so i'm sure she checked my employment history. I also asked my 2 previous employers to me a letter confirming my job with them, start and finish date, which she read.
No, i wasn't asked for P60s.
Thanks