ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 in progress, entering back into UK, non-visa national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BCgirl
Newly Registered

EEA2 in progress, entering back into UK, non-visa national

Post by BCgirl » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone is familiar with the following situation and can provide some advice:

I am Canadian (non-visa national), and married to a German. We have EEA2 visa in progress, submitted back in April. I have requested to have my passport returned, which they did so that I can travel.

The question is, is that sufficient for re-entry to UK to show just COA (certificate of application which states that I can work in UK), marriage certificate and papers proving that my husband works in UK? I will be travelling with my Husband who has his Euro ID card and I will have my Canadian passport.

(I enquired with UKBA in regards to this, they said that the proper way to do this is to request Euro Family Permit which is an entry clearance, which is not applicable to non-visa nationals and is issued outside of UK prior to arrival. UKBA was very vague about whether its OK to enter back with COA, marriage papers, etc)

Anyone knows anything about this or experience something similar?

Many thanks!!

BC girl

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:50 pm

The CoA would be enough. Definitely if you travel with your husband. I will carry the marriage certificate in the hand luggage just in case.

See a success story (without even a CoA) from your countryman - I re-entered with expired Family Permit (non-VISA national).

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:51 pm

As a non-visa national there is of course no reason to worry. You can take CoA and marriage certificate with you as backup (just in case you get difficult questions), but normally just presenting your Canadian passport should be sufficient to enter UK.

ISIL
Newly Registered

Traveling with COA

Post by ISIL » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi,

I applied for EEA2 at the end of July, I received my COA but not received my residence card yet. My first 6 month visa expired at the end of November and I travelled outside of UK for Christmas. I am wondering that can i come back to UK only with my COA and my husband will be traveling with me?

Thanks in advance,

Isil

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Traveling with COA

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:37 am

ISIL wrote:Hi,

I applied for EEA2 at the end of July, I received my COA but not received my residence card yet. My first 6 month visa expired at the end of November and I travelled outside of UK for Christmas. I am wondering that can i come back to UK only with my COA and my husband will be traveling with me?

Thanks in advance,

Isil
This will depend on your nationality and perhaps where you are now. If a visa national, you will most likely not be allowed to travel without a visa.

If you get to a border and can demonstrate that you are an EU family member exercising treaty rights, you will be admitted.

ISIL
Newly Registered

Post by ISIL » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:02 am

Hi,

I am a Turkish citizen and my husband is an Irish citizen and we are in Dublin currently and fly to London from here with Cityjet. Do you think is it ok?

Thanks,

Regards

Isil