ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning resident to UK: after 2 yrs.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Returning resident to UK: after 2 yrs.

Post by AndyGandhi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi Forum,

I look forward to know, that if someone having ILR returns to UK, after 2 yrs., from the time, he has gone, he has to apply for visa, as returning resident. Are there any cases like that.
I have below querries:
1) Does HO easily provide above visa & if yes, what are the conditions, which have to be satisfied.
2) How long that visa, is valid for?
3) Whether the visa, is settlement visa or work visa etc?

I appreciate, to get the reply the other querries.

Andy

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:47 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:57 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.
However, I could not find the details of returning resident visa, which is given after 2yrs. I have a situation, where, I have ILR, but presently out of UK.
My divorce proceedings are in process & after living in UK, family broke & none of us in UK. I only have ILR.
So, I am curious to know, what if I am not able to return in 2 yrs.
Ny replies shall be of immense help.
Andy

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm

AndyGandhi wrote:
Hi Vinny,

However, I could not find the details of returning resident visa, which is given after 2yrs. I have a situation, where, I have ILR, but presently out of UK.
My divorce proceedings are in process & after living in UK, family broke & none of us in UK. I only have ILR.
Andy
The SET9 link provided by Vinny gives a very full description of what the ECO must consider when looking at a Returning Resident Visa application, including those who have been away more than 2 years. What more do you want?

AndyGandhi
Newly Registered

Post by AndyGandhi » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:26 am

Mr Rusty wrote:
AndyGandhi wrote:
Hi Vinny,

Andy
The SET9 link provided by Vinny gives a very full description of what the ECO must consider when looking at a Returning Resident Visa application, including those who have been away more than 2 years. What more do you want?
Hi,

What I want to know, is what will be the Visa, if someone having ILR returns after 2 yrs. Whether new visa will be ILR again or work visa? The details given in Set.9, is guidelines for ECO, only, but what happens at HO.
Thanks