ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All Dec'05 Rejected applications Post Here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marvel
Newly Registered

Post by Marvel » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:29 pm

Hello Guys,
I have got a doubt here...
The amount on my payslip I am claiming for is the gross, but the amount that gets deposited in bank is after tax deduction and is the net pay.. thats why i think 'the bank statements do not corroborate with your salary' was one of the reason, I am not sure about how the salary gets credited in UK, is it done on gross or tax is deducted by the emplyer?

Guys in UK please comment

Anyone who can give a better alternative to deal with such a case?

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:02 pm

In UK or any other country only the Net payment you receive is credited into your bank account.

If you are claiming on gross payment, HO will be aware of the fact that gross doesn't get paid to you but only net. The net salary on pay slip should match with entries in Bank statements. This is what is called corroborating evidence.

When you are relying on gross payment (before taxes) it is your responsibility to clearly explain your gross payment calculations to HO.

laxani

Post by laxani » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Marvel,
In UK at least in my wage slip it states the total, tax deducted and after tax amount. So the after tax amount matches with the direct deposit in bank.

You have to make sure the amount deposited in your bank 'corroborates' the amount you claim as your income. You have to get some documentation of this, if needed from your employer ( especially as your IT return is not accepted by HO)

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm

I fully agree with this.

For instance in education if you claim for Master's degree but infact oyur masters equivalent to BSc degree than they will award you Point based on Bachelors.

But if they doubt about the institution who award the degree or the originality of degree certificate they will award you zero.

Pantaiema
webhunter wrote:I am not sure about the fact that they award zero, if you get lesser points than what you claimed for. I would imagine that they give as many points as you are eligible for.

However, if they dont think the evidence is correct, you get zero.

You may still stand a chance for a review. If you are not in a hurry to get a HSMP, then apply for the review. However, if you are in a hurry, I would suggest a fresh app is more appropriate.

Good luck.

Marvel
Newly Registered

Post by Marvel » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:17 pm

Guys,
I called up HO and enquired whether I can claim for only 6 months, and was told "YES" and I explained to him that IT returns not being filed for this period can I submit bank statements and he was positive to it aswell.
Hence planing to go with the latest 6 months only and no IT returns.
And also checked regarding the Net and Gross issue and he understands that Net is what get credited to the bank account.

And the reason given " bank statement does not corroborate with the Wage slips" is because I had submitted 12 months wage slips but statement coverd only 6 months, and difference in Net pay or Gross pay was not an issue.

Marvel

zap
Newly Registered

No Tax

Post by zap » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:08 am

Dear All,

I am fr UAE and it falls under NO TAXATION, my prob is I don't have bank statements updated since I don't get every month through bank, or a singe bank,,,sometimes get cash also,,,,but I m already having
clear salary cert..and pay slips with co's seal & stamps...I have got
promo letter also of 3 yrs back ,,,since they ask for 2 updated proofs out
of 3 for no taxations countries,,,,will this be OK ??
can I go ahead ?

zap
Newly Registered

for Hadi

Post by zap » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:13 am

Hi, Hadi,

went through yr topics,,and worried,,I am from UAE too where there is no tax,,and I can't submit bank statements also since I don't get paid by bank everymonth,,,instead I have a very clear salary cert...where it
is mentioned also that 'in UAE tax details are not applicable'...
I've single employer pay slips with sign,,and stamps....
just help me out of this,,,will all these be OK ? or just to take a chance !!

umeshsethi

Post by umeshsethi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:51 am

Marvel wrote:Guys,
I am planing to claim earnings for the last six months only for which I have bank statements and pay slips... and I am eligible for claiming 40 points. For getting bank statements for earlier months would take more time as HSBC will request it from their head office.. hence I will leave it and also I am not using IT returns.

With these 2 document set I think I meet the requirement as stated in the application form...

Which requires 2 evidence A) IT returns B) Payslips

if any one of the above missing then state reason and submit any one of the below

C) Bank Statements D) letter from employer

so my combination is B + C.. which is a valid combination... I am not trying to be logical by providing extra information... but just validating exactly.. this is how I now believe HO validates
And I am just claiming for my earnings made in last six months-

Any views??

Marvel

Deleted , cause the HO guy seems to have solved it...

Regards
Last edited by umeshsethi on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Umesh Sethi

umeshsethi

Post by umeshsethi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:25 am

HadiHasan wrote:Hi
Well Funkin we fall in Band B. In my case they have the view that for claiming my income from 2nd employeer , i have only provided one evidence that is Employee's Letter but as the matter of fact of i have provided 2 evidences i.e Employee's Letter showing total earning from 2nd employeer and a separate letter for showing that what i get for each month ( from 2nd employeer). They both on company's letterhead , the 2nd letter was signed and stamped by company's accountant. I don't know what more they need , as they aware that Saudia dont have tax system or might be case worker is unware of of this. Moreover they assign me the points of earnings from 1st employeer.
Regards
Hasan

Hi Hasan.
Sorry to hear this. But one thing is there. Agreed UAE does not have a tax system , but why isnt salary being paid into your bank account. that has nothing to do with tax isnt it. 2ndly payslips also have nothing to do with tax. Payslips are a documentary proof of person earning something which is generally well regarded. I dont think you should inference that the guy overlooked the UAE angle. I know HSMP Caseworkers IQ is not well regarded here and i guess i agree on that count but we have to work within the system.

Yours seems to be avery very exceptional case from pov of a caseworker where u neither have payslips, nor bank statements nor IT R... boss i suggest u do a lot of groundwork before applying again and infact send a mail to the HO customer service guys, what kind of proof of exceptional situation will they accept... because remember not only will have to prove that you earned the money.. but also that exceptional situation existed for not providing the normal proofs (apart from the fact that UAE does not have tax system).

Regards
Umesh Sethi

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:17 am

Hi,
Mine got rejected in the earnings section. I had submitted 8 seperate pay slips for the first eight months from my first employer. Then I submitted "one" consolidated Pay slip for the next 4 months. The rejection says that "There was no wage slips between August - November". Actually there was a consolidated pay slip. What do you guys advise? Should I appeal or should I re-apply?

Thanks
Deepak

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:26 am

As per the guidelines, there is no mention of accepting consolidated payslips as valid proof.

I am afraid the only option for you is to re-apply, but I would'nt discourage you from making an appeal.

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:30 am

Thanks webhunter,
Does re-appeal take longer?

Thanks
Deepak

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:30 am

My Application is rejected with not submitted original Income Tax Returns reason.

I did submit my SARAL form with seal of ITO on it.

I did send for review explaing the procedure followed in India for ITR.

Will let you guys know the status once I hear something about.

Regards

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:33 am

Nakvis,
Did you submit another evidence along with Payslips and ITR as earnings proof?

Thanks
Deepak

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:42 am

Hi,

Yes, I did submit Bank Statements, Pay slips and Tax returns.

They confirmed me in the letter that I have submitted the evidence to prove the income and the reason for refusal is only 'Not submitted Original ITR'.

I think these guys should be aware of ITR formats and procedures of different countries....

Regards

deep_rp

Post by deep_rp » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:45 am

Hi,
My case is similar to yours. I also submitted the Saral. But no mention of that is made in the rejection letter. Maybe it depends on the case worker. But I did not tick the box for IT returns. I wrote an exception that it is not covering the full year in consideration. Did you do something similar?

Thanks
Deepak

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:50 am

Hi,

I mentioned in a cover letter which explains them clearly that ITR is only for part of the year.

I think my case worker might have not seen Indian ITR earlier....so he denied....

Regards

nakvis

Hi

Post by nakvis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:18 am

Hi,

Any idea on how much they take for review requests normally???

Pooya
Newly Registered

Post by Pooya » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:34 am

Hi Guys

I recieved my application result today.

It is refused.

I am preparing a new fresh application as soon as possible.

Do you want to know the reasons?
* I didn't put P60 form for "Tax Return", so they didn't accept my income at all -- 0 points
* Although I had put mY original degree certificate, they didn't accept it as 5 points for studying in the UK, they said you needed to have additionally a letter from your university saying that you have studied there, this reason was rediculous.
* I had put notarized copy of my passport for my birth certificate, but they didn't accept the reason to consider the exceptional considerations.

Please help me, I am going to make another fresh application:

* I will get the P60 form from my employer, then my salary will be approved hopefully
* I will obtain the formally translated page of my original birth certificate (Iran)

My questions:
* Do they acccept the formaly translated page of my original birth certificate at all? Is it acceptable it will be translated in Iran, orit should be translated in UK in a company?!
* Payslips should be signed and stamped?
* I have 1500 pounds Bonus in one of the months, should it be stated in the company letter as well?

Many thanks for your answers

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:37 am

Hi All,

As expected, I received my REJECTION letter today, with the following reason:

Total Points Claimed: 95
Total Points Awarded: 95

Rejected because the english language requirement was not met:

Reason of Rejection:
"The Qualification is not recognised as equivalent to IELTS Band 6 by NARIC."

After sending my application and seeing the rejections here, I started sensing that this could be the only possible section, where they can reject. and that is what has happened.

I would be grateful, if Any one can quickly help me, I wanna send a new application, with IELTS.
How long does it take to get the through the IELTS, I am not worried for the preparation, that I am ready to give in a one week also, but how long does it take to get the result?

Pls. help.

Thanks,
NNJ10

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:43 am

that sucks a lot, esp if you got 95 points. What exactly did your letter from university say?

It seems people need to get NARIC letter not only to confirm UK bachelors/masters/PhD equivalency - but to also state the English equivalency. Otherwise do IELTS.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:54 am

Hi Shockboy,

It really does....but me not complaining...rather I would sit for IELTS.

Hey, you know they did not specify in Appl.form or Guidance notes, that the Qualification gained should be equivalnet to the IELTS Band 6.
But now the rejection letter, says the Qualification obtained is not equivalnet to IELTS Band 6 (as per NARIC).

My University lettes clearly states that the Qualification was taught in English.

This is really a miss, on HSMP Team side that they did not include, in the Guidance notes, otheriwse, I could have requested to check the NARIC for the comparability of my Qualification with IELTS 6 (Probably NARIC doesnot have any startight forward such service, as far as I know)

Well, I am now planning to sit IELTS.

NNJ10

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:57 am

i agree it doesnt say that.

as far as i am concerned, youve done exactly what they asked.

are you going to appeal/ask for review first ?

you may as well do that, but sit IELTS whilst waiting for review decision.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:57 am

nnj10,

very sorry for the rejection..
what i would suggest is to spend some 150 pounds and get the NARIC done in a day or two and send the review again..
instead of sitting for ielts (if could u write, thats even better), better go for naric.

good luck mate

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:59 am

Shockboy,

I donot see review request is going to help.
But not decided for review yet.

Anyway, I will send a new application with IELTS.

NNJ10