ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Croydon Success - self employed and director of Ltd Comp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adk

ILR Croydon Success - self employed and director of Ltd Comp

Post by adk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:39 am

Hi All

I received my ILR yesterday at Croydon and thought I should share it with you for all the help I received on here over the years. Thanks again to all, its been invaluable.

Appointment at 13:10, arrived 45 mins early and was let inside, paid on the 1st floor and went to wait for number to be called, few minutes later I was called and registered and told to go the second floor to do biometrics. Biometrics was a wait, there were numbers being called that were after mine, I enquired with a friendly lady who did them and as I was early, she assured me that they use the appointments as who goes first but call numbers to get you.

I then sat from 13:30 until roughly 16:15 waiting to be called to a window. Eventually I was called to a matter of fact lady that asked for my application form. She then asked for my proof of funds, I gave all docs and explained my situation. She then asked for nothing else. I had to ask if she wanted my life in the UK test, tax history, previous letters of settlement, all other docs. She said "you put through what you want to provide and Ill take it". I gave her my tax history, life in the UK test, previous HSMP and Tier 1 letters (which she photocopied). She started to enter my days away and said if I want to go get a coffee and wait because this could take a while. She picked everything up and off she went..

About 30 mins later she returned and called me over, she said everything was fine with my application, I had to ask what that meant and she replied, "oh, you got your ILR".

I smiled or maybe beamed at her, to which she then smiled back at me.

My docs:

Self employed:

Letter from accountant
Management Accounts
Invoices
Business Bank Statements with highlighted payments and post-it notes

Director (PAYE):

12 months payslips (stamped by accountant and by me)
1 Dividend Voucher (stamped by accountant and by me)
Personal Bank statements with highlighted payments and post-it notes
Half year P60

(Name shortened on payslips, she didn't notice but my P60 had my full name and shortened payslip name, the reason I gave it to her)

Other docs:

Ltd Company Bank statement (1 to prove as sometimes you only saw account numbers with salary payments)
Days away - 124 days
Life in the UK test
Previous HSMP and Tier1 letters
5 year tax history from HMRC
Class 2 NIC bill (wasnt asked for this)
Certificate of Incorporation (wasnt asked for this)
Company Year end Accounts (wasnt asked for this)

I hope this helps.

Good luck to all.

ADK

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:46 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: ILR Croydon Success - self employed and director of Ltd

Post by aliq09 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:31 pm

adk wrote:Hi All

I received my ILR yesterday at Croydon and thought I should share it with you for all the help I received on here over the years. Thanks again to all, its been invaluable.

Appointment at 13:10, arrived 45 mins early and was let inside, paid on the 1st floor and went to wait for number to be called, few minutes later I was called and registered and told to go the second floor to do biometrics. Biometrics was a wait, there were numbers being called that were after mine, I enquired with a friendly lady who did them and as I was early, she assured me that they use the appointments as who goes first but call numbers to get you.

I then sat from 13:30 until roughly 16:15 waiting to be called to a window. Eventually I was called to a matter of fact lady that asked for my application form. She then asked for my proof of funds, I gave all docs and explained my situation. She then asked for nothing else. I had to ask if she wanted my life in the UK test, tax history, previous letters of settlement, all other docs. She said "you put through what you want to provide and Ill take it". I gave her my tax history, life in the UK test, previous HSMP and Tier 1 letters (which she photocopied). She started to enter my days away and said if I want to go get a coffee and wait because this could take a while. She picked everything up and off she went..

About 30 mins later she returned and called me over, she said everything was fine with my application, I had to ask what that meant and she replied, "oh, you got your ILR".

My docs:

Self employed:

Letter from accountant
Management Accounts
Invoices

Director (PAYE):

Half year P60

(Name shortened on payslips, she didn't notice but my P60 had my full name and shortened payslip name, the reason I gave it to her)

Other docs:

Ltd Company Bank statement (1 to prove as sometimes you only saw account numbers with salary payments)
Days away - 124 days
Life in the UK test

I hope this helps.

Good luck to all.

ADK

Hi ,

Congrad! mate on your ILR just one thing ... Director for limited company don't pay class 2 NI insurance . They pay Class 1 NI insurance ... so how you managed that one !

For reference :
1. Employees’ NICs

As an employee of your limited company, you pay Class 1 National Insurance Contributions

2. Employers’ NICs

As your employer, your company is also liable to pay Class 1 Contributions on salaries paid to its employees

Many Thanks
Thanks

Ali

adk

Post by adk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:19 am

Hey Aliq

You pay class 2 NICs for self employment though. I am self employed and I am a director of a ltd company, hence the different documents I took.

Will post when I receive my card.

Best of luck all.

ADK

adk

Received my ILR card today

Post by adk » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey All

I received my ILR card this morning, went for to the PEO on thursday, got my card tuesday, not bad really.

Thanks again for all the help.

ADK

UKMASTER
Newly Registered

Post by UKMASTER » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:16 pm

adk wrote:Hi All

My docs:

Self employed:

Letter from accountant
Management Accounts
Invoices

Director (PAYE):

Half year P60

Other docs:

Days away - 124 days
Life in the UK test

I hope this helps.

Good luck to all.

ADK

HI ADK
Is it necessary to give the hsmp and tier1 point calculator while applying for the ilr
As i dont have it with me , but i have the copies tht i got from my SAR , with "file copy" written on it.

naresh25
Newly Registered

Advise Please

Post by naresh25 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 am

Hi,

I am due to apply for my ILR and i got a difficulty now. I am on Self employment category. As you know, i transfer funds from business account to my personal account but unfortunately some of my transactions not aligned which means i had transferred more money than i should and transferred less money next time to balance the figures. But overall i had only transferred the money which i should take.

Can anyone please advise me if this is going to be na issue for my application or what else i can do at this stage for my application to go through smoothly. Your help is very much appreciated.

t_prakash
Newly Registered

Re: Advise Please

Post by t_prakash » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Hiya,

Yes, it will be a problem, your bank statement need to align with your payslips / dividends.

Check this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114866

Cheers,
Prakash

naresh25 wrote:Hi,

I am due to apply for my ILR and i got a difficulty now. I am on Self employment category. As you know, i transfer funds from business account to my personal account but unfortunately some of my transactions not aligned which means i had transferred more money than i should and transferred less money next time to balance the figures. But overall i had only transferred the money which i should take.

Can anyone please advise me if this is going to be na issue for my application or what else i can do at this stage for my application to go through smoothly. Your help is very much appreciated.

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi All,
I need some help to understand in the list of documents mentioned on UKBA website as below ,

Where an applicant is submitting a combination of bank statements and a letter/invoice summary from their accountant, they must also provide any invoices generated during the period for which earnings are being claimed...

1.What if there is no invoice for a period?
2.I am self employed so I give Dividends as well as Salary to myself so Invoices do not represent my entire earnings .So how do I show it?

georgy1

Post by georgy1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone pls reply to my query?

Saanvi

Post by Saanvi » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi ADK,

Congrats on the success of your ILR.

I am due my ILR in the month of April 2014. Have a few questions and would request your expert advise on that.

Q: My accountant is a Chartered Accountant. Is he allowed to sign and stamp my payslips, dividend vouchers and letters.

Initial Tier 1: 29/04/2009 until 29/04/2012.
Tier 1 Extension: 29/05/2012 until 29/05/2014 (Was a postal submission so there was a 1 month gap in the date of Tier1 extension stamping and completion date of Initial Tier 1).
This way I complete my 5 years of stay on 29/04/2014 (calculating from 29/04/2009).

Q: Can I apply for my ILR 28 days before my completing 5 years which is 02/04/2014 or do I need to wait until 02/05/2014 for my ILR application (28 days before my current Tier 1 expires which is 29/05/2014)?

Q: Does the dependant also need to complete 5 years exactly?

Question on the docs required for proof:
I am Self employed from 19th March 2013 until date, so I would be using my Self Employment period for my 12 months of continuous employment reference.

Self employed:

Q: Letter from accountant: What is this letter for? I would like to know the context of this letter?
Q: Management Accounts: Do you mean the books for each month? What accounts did you show here? Did you provide them monthly, yearly?

Director (PAYE):

Q: 1 Dividend Voucher (stamped by accountant and by me):
Note: I transfer dividends every month from my business to personal bank account.
Can I provide multiple dividend vouchers for each month?
Should the amount of each dividend voucher EXACTLY MATCH the dividend amounts transferred from my Business banking account to my Personal banking account statement every month? If I did two transfer transactions for dividend for a particular month say half the amount each then should I get two dividend vouchers showing exact amounts for THAT month?
Q: Half year P60: Why half year?

Other docs:

Q: Days away - 124 days: What document did you provide for that? Is it just a list of holidays taken by you in the immediate previous 12 months? Did you get it signed/stamped by anyone or just self made excel spreadsheet would do? Is this 124 days only for the last year or all the 5 years?
Q: Tier1 letters: What Tier1 letters did you provide? They just send you the BRP cards and passport anyways when Tier 1 is successful.
Q: 5 year tax history from HMRC: Until which date did you get the tax history from HMRC. A month before your appointment?

Class 2 NIC bill (wasnt asked for this):
Q: I understand you weren't asked for this but if they say give me all the documents you want to produce. Did you provide this document for inspection? or just kept with you?

Advise highly appreciated.

Regards,
S