ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration History question !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aragon

Immigration History question !

Post by aragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:35 am

Hi,

My wife got a rejection in 2005 for HSMP. It was somewhere in Nov or Oct. We don't remember the exact details as I have lost the rejection letter. So I have a query about the below question in Dependant's application.

E8. Have you ever been refused entry clearance/visa or leave to enter or remain in the UK?

I cant get SAR as we don't have time for that. So the question is, in the above question about immigration history can she mention yes and just say it was somewhere between this time. The full details are unknown as rejection letter is lost. I remember she got 55 points of the required 65 as her degree from an American Uni. was not accepted as valid Masters but her Bacherlors was accepted so she didn't got the points for Masters but only bachelors and thats why the shortfall.

Also, guys she was trying to switch from Working Holiday Makers Visa to HSMP in UK. So will this be a leave to remain application right? if not its not entry clearance or leave to enter so I can just say NO in that case. Correct me if I am wrong here.

Any guidance or suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Immigration History question !

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 am

aragon wrote:My wife got a rejection in 2005 for HSMP.

E8. Have you ever been refused entry clearance/visa or leave to enter or remain in the UK?
So, answer yes.

nks

Post by nks » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:30 pm

In the same context, I am surprised that same question is not there on application form for main applicant. I am now filling my Tier-1 extension application and didn't notice this (worried as I would need to mention one of my visa refusal incident). Wonder if I am using the right form :)

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:45 pm

nks wrote:In the same context, I am surprised that same question is not there on application form for main applicant. I am now filling my Tier-1 extension application and didn't notice this (worried as I would need to mention one of my visa refusal incident). Wonder if I am using the right form :)
You are right. This question is not included in Main Applicant's form. Its only in the dependants form.

aragon

Post by aragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Guys,

This thought is bugging my head. Since we are not sure of the month when my wife applied for her HSMP visa and also the exact wordings of HSMP rejection, can we just say Yes to this question and in the details write that we don't remember the exact details and give them the rough idea of her application. Will this affect or delay her current application for dependant.

Anyone who can reply back with some suggestion or similar case info. would give me a great deal of relief. Much appreciate you guys taking time and replying to this query.

nks

Post by nks » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm

did your wife got the visa on re-applying/appeal? If yes, this would be like my case and I mentioned : Yes, because of insufficient doumentation. Visa granted on reapplying with complete documentation.

HTH,
nks

aragon

Post by aragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:32 pm

nks wrote:did your wife got the visa on re-applying/appeal? If yes, this would be like my case and I mentioned : Yes, because of insufficient doumentation. Visa granted on reapplying with complete documentation.

HTH,
nks
Nope. She didn't appeal. She went back to india as her brother was getting married. She then applied as my dependant and came back after 6 months.

Thanks for replying. We would mention in E9: Details section that Applied for HSMP Visa around October 2005 but was not approved due to insufficient points awarded by the case worker. Hope this would be sufficient to say in the current circumstances as we don't have any other details.