ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How good is this job website ?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pdd123
Newly Registered

How good is this job website ?

Post by pdd123 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:58 pm

I was looking at www.jobserve.com
It seems to have far more number of jobs than www.monster.co.uk or www.cwjobs.co.uk

How reliable is this site ?
i.e. how many jobs could be 'real' jobs v/s how many could be 'recruiter' postings to collect CV's ?

Just as www.dice.com (for US) has a lot many more jobs than www.monster.com or www.careerbuilder.com
,it is notorious for not having 'real' jobs..

is jobserve similar ??

Anyone having experience jobhunting throug jobserve ??

regards
pdd123

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:20 pm

Pdd, as far as I am aware (which can be verified easily) all of these sites require payment for job posting. I doubt that someone will pay money for nothing. It is possible that one position is advertisied by multiple agencies but .. noone can prevent this and it happnes all the time. Jobserve is the famous one and the one with highest number of posts.
Good Luck.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

bouncingboy
Newly Registered

Post by bouncingboy » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:43 am

As far as i am concerned, jobserve is the most reliable jobsite in the UK

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:21 pm

Yes its good website.But you will find same job posted by many consultants because companies dont reply on just one consultancy.

So I say apply for all but if some consultants ask you did u apply for that company say yes if another consultant has already forwarded your CV.

:D

pdd123
Newly Registered

Post by pdd123 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:41 pm

Thank you guys...

pdd123

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:10 pm

try reed.co.uk In this website you can also see how many applicants for a job.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:28 am

bugmaster wrote:Pdd, as far as I am aware (which can be verified easily) all of these sites require payment for job posting. I doubt that someone will pay money for nothing. It is possible that one position is advertisied by multiple agencies but .. noone can prevent this and it happnes all the time. Jobserve is the famous one and the one with highest number of posts.
Good Luck.
Who told you that these sites require some kind of payment to post your resume? No website asks for a single penny and you can post your resume and apply for the jobs without paying anything.

In fact if any company ask you to pay some amount to post your resume, then it may be a fraud...

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:12 pm

AkashS wrote:
bugmaster wrote:Pdd, as far as I am aware (which can be verified easily) all of these sites require payment for job posting. I doubt that someone will pay money for nothing. It is possible that one position is advertisied by multiple agencies but .. noone can prevent this and it happnes all the time. Jobserve is the famous one and the one with highest number of posts.
Good Luck.
Who told you that these sites require some kind of payment to post your resume? No website asks for a single penny and you can post your resume and apply for the jobs without paying anything.

In fact if any company ask you to pay some amount to post your resume, then it may be a fraud...
Easy youg man. Read carefully what I wrote.
Do I mention CV somewhere?
No.
I am talking about posting a JOB POSITION - NOT A CV!

Hope that makes it clear for you ;)
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...