ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:23 pm

s_raj11 wrote:Hi everyone, great news, I receive my long awaited ILR today.

And a letter explaining an invalid application which was made back in 2005, unfortunately, HO had changed the form a few days prior to my application at the time......

quote]

Hello Loveislovely,

Congrats on your well deserved freedom. You said there was a problem in 2005 regarding your application, could you tell me more about that. I have the same problem. I have sent my passport for one of the student extension in 2006, application was returned for payment issues first and as an invalid applicaion the next time. In both the cases have sent the application back to HO with in less than a week. Do you think my case will be OK?

What was your case?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
@s_raj11, I made an invalid application in 2005, (reason for this) HO changed the form about 3-5 days before I made my application, I did not know, as I receive the form from my college, after the application was made, I receive a letter from HO, stating that my application was invalid due to incorrect form, they sent me the correct form, and gave me 28 days to make another application, if you were given time to resubmit your application, then you will be ok.

Good luck
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Zainy wrote:@Loveislovely congratulation mate . You waiting a long time but it's a good news at the end.
Thanks mate

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi guys its a week since I recieved that dreaded decision from UKBA.

I have made some progress and I am cautiously optimistic now. Through contacts here I have managed to talk to a Barrister, a Solicitor and my MP. They all agreed that the decision was not right.

My solictor had agreed to request a reconsideration until this morning when I got communication from my MP that UKBA have agreed to conduct a review of their decision. Now I don't know what this means but the fact they have agreed to look at gives me a bit of hope.They will contact me in 14 days.

I am cautiously optimistic but my confidence and trust in the system have really been hit that I don't know what to expect.

Anyone knows how the Review process works? Do you think they have to go through the whole aplication again or just the points raised on the decision?
Always optimistic

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Jon336 wrote:Hi guys its a week since I recieved that dreaded decision from UKBA.

I have made some progress and I am cautiously optimistic now. Through contacts here I have managed to talk to a Barrister, a Solicitor and my MP. They all agreed that the decision was not right.

My solictor had agreed to request a reconsideration until this morning when I got communication from my MP that UKBA have agreed to conduct a review of their decision. Now I don't know what this means but the fact they have agreed to look at gives me a bit of hope.They will contact me in 14 days.

I am cautiously optimistic but my confidence and trust in the system have really been hit that I don't know what to expect.

Anyone knows how the Review process works? Do you think they have to go through the whole aplication again or just the points raised on the decision?
@Jon, I can feel your pain, I know in my heart that you will come out victorious, just stay strong and press on, it was a mistake, you are a positive person, and so you will receive positive result, good luck.....

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:39 am

Jon336 wrote:Hi guys its a week since I recieved that dreaded decision from UKBA.

From my understanding a SCW will be the one to review your case file. You should here from them shortly. Good Luck.
nothing united in United Nation.

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Post by tinaysf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 pm

@ ZGILR
@ Raj
@uddinriaz

did u guys receive ur passports pls update............ I am waiting for mine

Congrats to those who received ILR and pray for others

Delta1
Newly Registered

Post by Delta1 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:23 pm

hi all! my sincere congratulations to all applicants who received their ILRs.
I assume august month will start completing our march applications. Myself applied on 29 Th of march. I am so happy for those who got their ILRs after some grueling waiting. Congratulations again! May God give us patience and strength.

koko68
Newly Registered

Post by koko68 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:03 am

biometric card system for ilr has further delayed the process coupled with olympic, summer holidays etc. hoping august will see speeding up ilr process for march application

camelot
Newly Registered

Post by camelot » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:38 am

koko68 wrote:biometric card system for ilr has further delayed the process coupled with olympic, summer holidays etc. hoping august will see speeding up ilr process for march application
hi koko68 The information you left Did you get this information from any authenticate source or just your observation? If you got this information from any authenticate source, would you be able to let us know the source? because my employer about to make decision whether they will keep my job or not. If I know this, probably I could let them know to keep my job for couple more of weeks. It will be great help. I have applied on 6 March and kept them calm since then till now. In fact, employer does not want to understand that this bladdy visa or ILR does not under control by us. It absoluatly depends on HO wish. I am in really big shit. Please help me if you can. I have nothing much to say. Thanks....
Last edited by camelot on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:00 am

@camelot, until your current application has not been determined your status remains what it is currently. Is your workplace not aware of this? I am in a similar situation where my work permit also expired in May.

hbf81
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by hbf81 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Update from me

Application date: 20 March 2012
Ack date: 23 MArch 12
BRP letter date: 18 July 2012
BRP Done: 30th July'12

Delta1
Newly Registered

ilr 10 year long residence

Post by Delta1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:22 pm

hi camelot, you should not worry about it. Your current status carries on until your new visa application is decided. your employer shluld know about it, they cannot force you off.[quote][/quote][/list][/url]

babida2011
Newly Registered

Post by babida2011 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:53 pm

At Last ... My wife's Passport has arrived today with the IRL stamp.

the sramp date was 27 07 2012
passport arrived by recorded delivery Royal mail 30 07 2012

Almost 5 months.

Now relieved as flight has already been booked for this weekend.

Hope others who are still waiting will get theier passports soon.

babida2011
Newly Registered

Post by babida2011 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm

sorry this is the full timeline:

Application by Post 27 02 2012
Acknowledgment letter dated 29 02 2012
The stamp date was 27 07 2012
passport arrived by recorded delivery Royal mail 30 07 2012.

camelot
Newly Registered

Post by camelot » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

NOG wrote:@camelot, until your current application has not been determined your status remains what it is currently. Is your workplace not aware of this? I am in a similar situation where my work permit also expired in May.
Thanks my friend for response. I am not sure. But I believe they should know it specially personnel department. Still they knock me to know the situation whenever get chance. You can imagine how much painful it is and what type mental pressure I fill. Moreover, it is nearly 5 month and no response from home office. How do I make them understand it is not under control of mine and it is all about HO wish. See thousand of people are in same situation. Mean time summer vacation Olympic game. Why do we suffer for someone's summer vacation or Olympic game or something else? Is it not 5 months enough time??? I am sure you guys have not have any good answer. Dont take it is as an offensive. It is just pain releasing.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 pm

camelot wrote:
NOG wrote:@camelot, until your current application has not been determined your status remains what it is currently. Is your workplace not aware of this? I am in a similar situation where my work permit also expired in May.
Thanks my friend for response. I am not sure. But I believe they should know it specially personnel department. Still they knock me to know the situation whenever get chance. You can imagine how much painful it is and what type mental pressure I fill. Moreover, it is nearly 5 month and no response from home office. How do I make them understand it is not under control of mine and it is all about HO wish. See thousand of people are in same situation. Mean time summer vacation Olympic game. Why do we suffer for someone's summer vacation or Olympic game or something else? Is it not 5 months enough time??? I am sure you guys have not have any good answer. Dont take it is as an offensive. It is just pain releasing.
Not taken any offense but simply point your HR department to this:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

"What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?
If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided."

Further, show them proof that you have made an application. What more do do they want? Your workplace MUST understand this. It is basic.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Congrats @babida2011
Timeline has been updated:
http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

nickpatel2012

Post by nickpatel2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:48 am

i dont understand UKBA logic
you applied 5 days after me and got you BP letter in july

i got mine in april
whats going On ?
hbf81 wrote:Update from me

Application date: 20 March 2012
Ack date: 23 MArch 12
BRP letter date: 18 July 2012
BRP Done: 30th July'12

attou
Newly Registered

Post by attou » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:42 am

camelot wrote:

Tell them about The employer checking service, employers can use it to check the right to work for people with outstanding applications. They cant just fire you !

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/

attou
Newly Registered

Post by attou » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:51 am

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a ... ing-299761
A total of 588 SET (O) applications were received during week commencing 20th February 2012.

Of the 588 applications received, a total of 529 applications have been processed, with 59 still pending. There is always a number of applications in the work in progress queue because of the checks that have to be made.

However, I think this is for all set (O) categories. I wonder how many of the 588 applications is for long residence.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm

attou wrote:From :
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a ... ing-299761
A total of 588 SET (O) applications were received during week commencing 20th February 2012.
Of the 588 applications received, a total of 529 applications have been processed, with 59 still pending. There is always a number of applications in the work in progress queue because of the checks that have to be made.
However, I think this is for all set (O) categories. I wonder how many of the 588 applications is for long residence.
The response is contradictory. First it states that the average processing time for SET(O) postal applications received between 20 and 26 February 2012, was 96 calendar days. Then goes on to say that these figures relate to postal applications as well as applications submitted at PEOs.

shahshah

time line for 10 year

Post by shahshah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 am

hi guys my time line is as follow
applied 06 june 2012
acknowledgement letter 13 june 2012
and no BIO letter received yet

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

Post by Addicted zoo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi guys,

Can someone please update my timeline. Finally I received my biometrics letter today.

Biometric Letter Dated: 26/07/2012
Letter Received: 01/08/2012
Biometric Enrolled: 01/08/2012

ShahShah you should get yours around next week hopefully - as I applied a week earlier than you.

s_raj11

Biometrics letter

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Hello,

Finally received my biometrics letter. Received on 26th and biometrics enrolled on 30/07.

Could some one update the time line please.

Regards

meemyself&I

Husband received his Bio letter today

Post by meemyself&I » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that my husband received his bio letter today, and that he has enrolled his bio with the post office today. Below is his timeline, which is the same as MidlandsResident:

Application made on 10 years long residence basis, and this has been under tier 4 category all throughout this period.

Husband's application sent: 28 May
Acknowledgement letter rec: June 6th (dated May 31st)
Biometric letter received: 1 August (dated 24.7.12)
Biometric enrolled: 1 August 2012

The long wait continues, although I am sure it is not for long.

@ MidlandResident - has your wife received her bio letter yet? If not I am sure it won't be long.

MidlandsResident wrote:Hello, quick update from me.

Wife's application sent: May 28th
Acknowledgement letter received: June 6th (dated May 31st)

Probably expect no more details from me until July!
Last edited by meemyself&I on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God's divine child