ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Receiving A Letter From Mr. Nick Clegg

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali_G

Receiving A Letter From Mr. Nick Clegg

Post by Ali_G » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 am

Hi everyone,

My wife wrote E-petition during last June to Mr.Nick Clegg since he is leader of Lib Dem party and deputy of prime minister in order to oppose increasing of requirement income to £18.600 instead of £13.700 within new migration rules being set by Theresa May.

Yesterday, my wife received a letter by post from Mr. Clegg saying that her email has been sent to the home office.

Does it still make any hope to stop the new rules? In fact, it will take a long time.

Do you think guys would the Home Office do anything when we apply for spuse visa due to my wife's opposition.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:37 am

I don't want to be the bringer of bad news or be a grinch, but the reality is, it's unlikely you'll get a personalised response, if you do get a response from anyone, it will be the bogstandard reply they send to everyone.

In terms of actually doing something about these new rules, well if you are married already then I suppose you may need to consider alternatives, can you move abroad to where your spouse is? Uusally it's easier to go out of the UK than to come in, then there's the issue of trying to string together enough money, perhaps through 3rd parties as well? It's not as difficult as you may think.

As for actions to change the laws, I suppose you could comntinue your e-petition and try to get as many names and signatures as possible. Though I do believe that 18k is harsh, 16k isn't. That's my personal opinion, but good luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 am

You're wife's opposition to the new regulations will be one of thousands...so no, the Home Office won't single her out when it comes to your application....they won't even be aware of her objection.
The only likely way the new rules will be amended is through the courts following a successful appeal, but as with the age condition which took 3 years to overturn, this is likely to take a considerable time with no guarantee of success unfortunately.

Ali_G

Post by Ali_G » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Casa wrote:You're wife's opposition to the new regulations will be one of thousands...so no, the Home Office won't single her out when it comes to your application....they won't even be aware of her objection.
The only likely way the new rules will be amended is through the courts following a successful appeal, but as with the age condition which took 3 years to overturn, this is likely to take a considerable time with no guarantee of success unfortunately.
Thanks Casa.
I thought so but i always prefer to make sure about things lol

Ali_G

Post by Ali_G » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:20 pm

king2be98 wrote:I don't want to be the bringer of bad news or be a grinch, but the reality is, it's unlikely you'll get a personalised response, if you do get a response from anyone, it will be the bogstandard reply they send to everyone.

In terms of actually doing something about these new rules, well if you are married already then I suppose you may need to consider alternatives, can you move abroad to where your spouse is? Uusally it's easier to go out of the UK than to come in, then there's the issue of trying to string together enough money, perhaps through 3rd parties as well? It's not as difficult as you may think.

As for actions to change the laws, I suppose you could comntinue your e-petition and try to get as many names and signatures as possible. Though I do believe that 18k is harsh, 16k isn't. That's my personal opinion, but good luck.
No worries you are not the bringer of bad news lol We are all here to share our matters, exchange each other experience and seek advice.