ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waitin
Newly Registered

Post by waitin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:26 pm

I want to give those that are waiting some hope by posting that I finally got my ILR approved after getting the dreaded letter of further evidence required.

I applied in person at Croydon on 8th May and got a call from HO this morning to say it's approved and was given the option to collect my documents in person or get them sent to me.

Like everyone else who went through this horrendous experience, the wait has been life crippling. A government agency cannot take so LONG to make a decision that will determine where a family will live and what will happen to them. They can get away with it because they're doing it to migrants who are not looked upon favorably by the general population. For the same reason the media won't highlight this problem because they will not win any votes from their viewers but it shouldn't stop us trying to raise awareness of it to anyone or department who care to listen.

Good luck with your application.

Varinder.Marwah
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by Varinder.Marwah » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi,

I had done a premium application (Tier 2) with the Solihull PEO. My total absences from the country in the last 5 years were 317 days for work purposes and 28 days for personal reasons.

I had a covering letter from my employer stating my travels but the letter was not very specific to the exact dates. I was told to get a detailed letter but not to apply in person and to apply only by post.

I had no idea of the suggestions made by people in this forum; I got the detailed letter from my employer and as suggested by the PEO case worker submitted my application by post last week.

Could you please advise if this is okay?

What sort of typical timeframe should I be expecting the application to get through?

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs c

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 am

Varinder.Marwah wrote:Hi,

I had done a premium application (Tier 2) with the Solihull PEO. My total absences from the country in the last 5 years were 317 days for work purposes and 28 days for personal reasons.

I had a covering letter from my employer stating my travels but the letter was not very specific to the exact dates. I was told to get a detailed letter but not to apply in person and to apply only by post.

I had no idea of the suggestions made by people in this forum; I got the detailed letter from my employer and as suggested by the PEO case worker submitted my application by post last week.

Could you please advise if this is okay?

What sort of typical timeframe should I be expecting the application to get through?

Min 2-3 months Max 6 months (for update)

manasa
Newly Registered

Post by manasa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:14 am

I lost my passport and i have applied ILR( 1yearWP + 4 yrs HSMP) with PEO and they asked to submit a letter from previous employers confirming no absences for 3 or more months during my tenure.

I worked for 2 employers during my stay here and i can get the letter from both of them. Unfortunately i am un-employed for 6 months in between the jobs which i cannot get any letter.

I can't even get any council or utility bills for that period as i stayed in a sharing accommodation that time. So how to prove that i am not away during the time i was un-employed

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:20 am

manasa wrote:I lost my passport and i have applied ILR( 1yearWP + 4 yrs HSMP) with PEO and they asked to submit a letter from previous employers confirming no absences for 3 or more months during my tenure.

I worked for 2 employers during my stay here and i can get the letter from both of them. Unfortunately i am un-employed for 6 months in between the jobs which i cannot get any letter.

I can't even get any council or utility bills for that period as i stayed in a sharing accommodation that time. So how to prove that i am not away during the time i was UN-employed
simple bank statement,credit card statements or any bills mobile contract , letter from landlord saying you were living etc

manasa
Newly Registered

Post by manasa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:28 am

ryan2020 wrote:
manasa wrote:I lost my passport and i have applied ILR( 1yearWP + 4 yrs HSMP) with PEO and they asked to submit a letter from previous employers confirming no absences for 3 or more months during my tenure.

I can't even get any council or utility bills for that period as i stayed in a sharing accommodation that time. So how to prove that i am not away during the time i was UN-employed
simple bank statement,credit card statements or any bills mobile contract , letter from landlord saying you were living etc

Thanks Ryan,

Does the bank statements need to have any transactions?

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 pm

manasa wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:

Thanks Ryan,

offcourse yes you can tell them you have taken money out.. bills were direct debited etc..

Patelberg
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by Patelberg » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Hi there,

Just to update my timeline:
Applied: 18th May at Croydon PEO
Approx 300 - 380 days out of country (depending on how you calculate it) - needed senior case worker approval (only issue holding it up).
Further evidence (letter from employer) sent 23rd May, originals sent 10th June.

Emailed MP, Parliamentary Ombudsman and complained to HO all on 10th July.
Received call from HO on 13th July to pick up passport.
Reply from Ombudsman: unable to take further action till complaint addressed by HO and case referred from MP. Letters received by MP and HO, but no further replies received.

Still waiting for BRP. 10 days elapsed, emailed HO, received reply saying they'll look into it within 5 days, resend enquiry if you hear nothing in 28 days!

Perhaps someone received my email complaints on the 10th July and addressed my case, but I think its more a case of coincidence. Still, I wish I'd started the complaints process to the HO earlier.

Once I receive my BRP I'll be writing to the HO to ask for some partial compensation; the case wasn't even looked at for 3 months - that is obvious as there was no contact with my employer or me - so I will try and claim that there is no way that I should be charged for premium service. I don't rate my chances of the HO giving me anything, but I think its worth trying MPs and ombudsman if I don't succeed at first. It's the only thing I can think of that I can take action about....all in all it still feels like I've just been duped by a scammer who has just robbed me of £1377cash, a couple of summer holidays, and tried to sabotage my career and purchase of a home!

Many of you are in much worse positions that me though, so good luck with all your applications. Fingers crossed.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR approved

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 am

Patelberg wrote:Hi there,

Approx 300 - 380 days out of country (depending on how you calculate it) - needed senior case worker approval (only issue holding it up).
Further evidence (letter from employer) sent 23rd May, originals sent 10th June.

Reply from Ombudsman: unable to take further action till complaint addressed by HO and case referred from MP. Letters received by MP and HO, but no further replies received.

Still waiting for BRP. 10 days elapsed, emailed HO, received reply saying they'll look into it within 5 days, resend enquiry if you hear nothing in 28 days!

Perhaps someone received my email complaints on the 10th July and addressed my case, but I think its more a case of coincidence. Still, I wish I'd started the complaints process to the HO earlier.

Once I receive my BRP I'll be writing to the HO to ask for some partial compensation; the case wasn't even looked at for 3 months - that is obvious as there was no contact with my employer or me - so I will try and claim that there is no way that I should be charged for premium service. I don't rate my chances of the HO giving me anything, but I think its worth trying MPs and ombudsman if I don't succeed at first. It's the only thing I can think of that I can take action about....all in all it still feels like I've just been duped by a scammer who has just robbed me of £1377cash, a couple of summer holidays, and tried to sabotage my career and purchase of a home!

Many of you are in much worse positions that me though, so good luck with all your applications. Fingers crossed.
congrats. can you please let us know how you complain what you wrote and which email address you sent your complain ?
please let me know time line when your MP replied and what etc

waitin
Newly Registered

Post by waitin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:43 pm

waitin wrote:I'm curious to know if/when HO grants you ILR and it's after your current visa has expired, because of the delay we are experiencing atm, would the official start date of your ILR be backdated to the day your Tier1/WP visa expired or is it the day the case worker approved the ILR visa? If it is the former then you can apply for citizenship exactly 1 year from the date your Tier1/WP visa expired, otherwise it's longer, depending on how much of a delay until you get your approval.
Can anyone answer the above question? I received my biometric card today but I still can't work out when is the earliest I can apply for citizenship. The 'valid until' date on the card is exactly 10 years from the date I applied in person at Croydon and the 'date of issue' is the date they approved my application which is two and a half month from the date I applied. Would it be 1 year from the 'date of issue' or from the date I applied?

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:49 am

Waitin,

It is most likely going to be one year from the date of issue and not date of application.
Bash

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:17 am

manasa wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:

Thanks Ryan,

Not a major issue...not employed means very few or no transactions at all... present your case...you're not alone but document your correspondences very well.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:55 am

waitin wrote:
waitin wrote:I'm curious to know if/when HO grants you ILR and it's after your current visa has expired, because of the delay we are experiencing atm, would the official start date of your ILR be backdated to the day your Tier1/WP visa expired or is it the day the case worker approved the ILR visa? If it is the former then you can apply for citizenship exactly 1 year from the date your Tier1/WP visa expired, otherwise it's longer, depending on how much of a delay until you get your approval.
Can anyone answer the above question? I received my biometric card today but I still can't work out when is the earliest I can apply for citizenship. The 'valid until' date on the card is exactly 10 years from the date I applied in person at Croydon and the 'date of issue' is the date they approved my application which is two and a half month from the date I applied. Would it be 1 year from the 'date of issue' or from the date I applied?
from the issued date
nothing united in United Nation.

Tats

Post by Tats » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Applied in person at PEO Croydon mid June, category: ancestry visa (my second one) to ILR. Was given a letter and told further info required from my file which is at HO and no action required from me. Still waiting and can't do any travels as passport is with PEO. I think my case may not be prioritised as I still have valid visa till 2016. As someone noted somewhere on this board, if there is no urgency in your case, then try not to get anxious about the wait. I have tried not to get anxious and generally taken my mind off the wait (though still think of it a bit)....but how can anyone not get anxious about such a situation especially when you paid for premium service so as to avoid a delayed response??!!

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR approved

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:23 am

Patelberg wrote:Hi there,

Hi Patel,

any update on your Bio-metric card arrival ?

ryan

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am

Hi,

I emailed to MP last friday 27/07. today i called MP office and his PA confirm me that they have received reply from UKBA yesterday that my case is still under consideration.

He said he will officially reply me. he was reading UKBA reply.

that my case is in Liverpool office and UKBA is putting their full efforts to make decision ASAP.

The PA was so polite and said we have told UKBA that decision should be made soon etc.

I'm still in stress.

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 am

ryan2020 wrote:Hi,

I emailed to MP last friday 27/07. today i called MP office and his PA confirm me that they have received reply from UKBA yesterday that my case is still under consideration.

that my case is in Liverpool office and UKBA is putting their full efforts to make decision ASAP.

The PA was so polite and said we have told UKBA that decision should be made soon etc.

I'm still in stress.
You so lucky ryan. in my case , given call to MP office 2 days back and MP PA responded me "that it will take at least 28 working days to get the response from UK BA. please contact after 28 working days only and we can send reminder to UK BA only after 28 working days".

it is ridiculous response from my MP. i am not finding any other way to find out the status , where is my application and whether my applications along with passports are still with UK BA or lost.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:

I'm still in stress.
You so lucky ryan. in my case , given call to MP office 2 days back and MP PA responded me "that it will take at least 28 working days to get the response from UK BA. please contact after 28 working days only and we can send reminder to UK BA only after 28 working days".

it is ridiculous response from my MP. i am not finding any other way to find out the status , where is my application and whether my applications along with passports are still with UK BA or lost.
well my MP PA was very polite. even he said sorry to me that UKBA didn't make decision yet. and said they will chase UKBA.

well try after 1 week to your MP and ask again. may be it works.

in my case it can be 2 things at the moment

1. They are not doing any thing.
2. they are investigating i mean writing to people and waiting for the response.

I don't know how long it will take to get response from HMRC or VAT people.

My accountant said it takes 28 days to get back from VAT people.

I'm upset.

Why you think you passport or application is lost ?

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 pm

ryan2020 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:

I'm still in stress.

well my MP PA was very polite. even he said sorry to me that UKBA didn't make decision yet. and said they will chase UKBA.

well try after 1 week to your MP and ask again. may be it works.

in my case it can be 2 things at the moment

1. They are not doing any thing.
2. they are investigating i mean writing to people and waiting for the response.

I don't know how long it will take to get response from HMRC or VAT people.

My accountant said it takes 28 days to get back from VAT people.

I'm upset.

Why you think you passport or application is lost ?
as per the rules of UK BA. they need to give the reply to MP in 10 days. Our MP still didn't received any reply from UKBA regarding my application.
It is Courtesy of MP to find out the status of letter if they don't receive the reply in time. that is not happening in my case. on top that they are asking me to wait for 28 workings days. i didn't see this rule any where. They will not respond phone calls properly. no polite.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 pm

i'm sorry to hear all this. we can't do any thing. we are helpless. I can imagine from what you are going through. every day i check my post that may be i received any parcel from royal mail.

I'm not concentrating on job sitting on this website from hours to check any new updates etc.

I have seen people with straight forward cases are getting their ILR v quickly.

wait n wait my friend.

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 pm

ryan2020 wrote:i'm sorry to hear all this. we can't do any thing. we are helpless. I can imagine from what you are going through. every day i check my post that may be i received any parcel from royal mail.

I'm not concentrating on job sitting on this website from hours to check any new updates etc.

I have seen people with straight forward cases are getting their ILR v quickly.

wait n wait my friend.
Mine is also straight , asked some confirmation letter from my accountant.
I have sent that in 2 days after i submitted my application.

if you don't mind , may i know your application submission date ?

Regards
Krishna

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 pm

i Submitted on 21st of June.

They didn't ask me any thing till now. i contacted my Employer, Accountant, clients they didn't ask any thing from them yet.

But I'm happy MP PA told me in UKBA reply that they are making every effort to make decision quickly.

Sound like MP do wrote to them that their constitute require quick decision based on their circumstances. not sure what they write to UKBA

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:59 pm

ryan2020 wrote:i Submitted on 21st of June.

They didn't ask me any thing till now. i contacted my Employer, Accountant, clients they didn't ask any thing from them yet.

But I'm happy MP PA told me in UKBA reply that they are making every effort to make decision quickly.

Sound like MP do wrote to them that their constitute require quick decision based on their circumstances. not sure what they write to UKBA
i submitted on 20th June . did they asked any further documentation to you ?

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:i Submitted on 21st of June.

i submitted on 20th June . did they asked any further documentation to you ?
no

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:05 pm

what was your case ? which PEO you applied ? what docs they ask you ? in post or on PEO they ask ??