ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any todo items before landing in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darikusa

Any todo items before landing in UK

Post by darikusa » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:32 am

Hi,

Finally my tickets are booked and I would be making my landing in UK from US the week after next. I'll stay for three days and then visit my folks for one or two weeks in my native country and then come back.

My question is that there is anything I should do before leaving. One item I have on list is to get a chest X-ray. Also I have opened up bank account with Citibank US. I'm thinking of using my card. I saw that they allowed international transfer online. Is there anything else that people found helpful when they landed in UK?

Greatly appreciate this forum for helping me along the way.

Kind regards

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:09 am

Hello Darik,
well I am not living in the UK now but have been there a couple of times both for short and long time. I would strongly advise you to get an umbrella especially if you don't like the rainy weather. You may thing about a power adapter although you should be able to get one when you arrive. Anyway I spent one week looking for an adapter when I landed in Leeds last year so have this in mind. If you would like to use a mobile ensure it is a three band one so you can buy a startup pack and start talking. Of course you can buy a new mobile if you wish. Next thing is get a bigger wallet :) I found that mine is too small for the big coins ;) And don't forget to look both sides of the road when you're crossing.
Good luck ;)
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:41 pm

To hang around on net to get the pulse of UK. And to read guide books, at least these are the things i'm doing.
You must find out the condition of hotels if u gonna book hotel in UK.
Tubes, Express, Trams.... list goes on.

And don't expose ur wallet when u r walking on busy London streets.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:51 pm

Well not before but after todos:

Don't wear white socks
Don't carry Red umbrella

Above are for G@#s