ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost passport and ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbogos
Newly Registered

Lost passport and ILR application

Post by mbogos » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:59 am

I Am about to qualify for ILR (10 years). However, my passport which held the entry clearance to UK was lost by royal mail – the package containing the passport and other documents was posted to me by HO but it was never delivered. This means that I do not have an original document to prove the first 1.5 years of my residency in UK. Home office did acknowledge this loss and sent me a letter advising I apply for a new passport, which I did. My question is, will the lost passport affect my ILR application? All I have is photocopy of the entry clearance and an letter from HO confirming that the passport was lost. What should I do?