ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skltvl
Newly Registered

Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License.

Post by skltvl » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi,
I'm a new user - I need urgent help/suggestions from experts.
I have applied for Sponsor License in Mid May12 and waiting for UKBA for
issue of the License. I want to appoint a Manager for my company who is on work permit issued on 2007. I was told we need to transfer is work permit under Tier2 PBS. Situation here is the person i wants to appoint has resigned from his job last month and is waiting for me to issue COS since last month so he can complete the visa transfer formalities. When I applied I was told by UKBA on phone the process takes approx 4wks. Now I m chasing UKBA calling them and emailed several times explaning them that the work permit holder has already resigned from his last job and have heard he needs to find sponsor within 60days from he left his job but haven't heard anything from UKBA. If this is correct his 60days will finish by mid august. What should I do please help me to find a good solution for this matter.
Thanks in advance.
skltvl.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License.

Post by manci » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:43 am

skltvl wrote:Hi,
issue of the License. I want to appoint a Manager for my company who is on work permit issued on 2007. I was told we need to transfer is work permit under Tier2 PBS. Situation here is the person i wants to appoint has resigned from his job last month and is waiting for me to issue COS since last month so he can complete the visa transfer formalities. When I applied I was told by UKBA on phone the process takes approx 4wks. Now I m chasing UKBA calling them and emailed several times explaning them that the work permit holder has already resigned from his last job and have heard he needs to find sponsor within 60days from he left his job but haven't heard anything from UKBA. If this is correct his 60days will finish by mid august. What should I do please help me to find a good solution for this matter.
Thanks in advance.
skltvl.
The 60 day curtailment of your prospective employee's leave is not from the date he left his previous job but from the date of UKBA's decision to curtail, so in practice it is more (may be considerably more) than 60 days.. Has s/he had any notification from UKBA yet?
sponsor licence applications currently take 2-4 months to process.
When you know to what date the prospective employee's visa is curtailed, and approx. 4 weeks before that date, send an email to UKBA explaining the circumstances and requesting urgent treatment of your sponsor licence application. Send the email to 2 email addresses:
sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Once you get the sponsor licence and assign the CoS, the prospective employee should apply for leave to remain but s/he cannot start work until s/he gets a letter of approval from UKBA.

skltvl
Newly Registered

Re: Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License.

Post by skltvl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:10 am

Dear Manci,

Thank you very for your reply!!! Much appreciated.

1) Employee had send a written letter to the UKBA, Work Permit, Sheffield office by post mentioning he has resigned and waiting for New employer to assign him the Cos but he hasn't received any reply
From UKBA office (How do we come to know about his visa curtailment?)

2) I called last week UKBA on 0300 nbr and I was told it will take approx 12weeks from date of application but I get different answer every time when ever I had called.

3) Yes I have emailed them on below UKBA email ids but no positive answer from them. Now I got email yesterday & I was surprised with the below reply.

Thank you for your email.
I have checked our records but have been unable to locate the application with the information provided. This does not indicate a problem; cases are currently taking several weeks to show on our main database.
Please note: applications are current taking in excess of 12 weeks.
If you sent the documents by recorded delivery and have a tracking reference (usually next to the bar code), or you have a payment reference (starting L2E, L4E or L5E), then I can make further checks.
Yours Sincerely,
Customer Service Advisor

I have emailed them the payment reference and royal mail tracking number which confirms as delivered.

4) Please correct me once my license is issued I need to assign him the Cos and he has to transfer his visa under Tier2 or is there any other way to do this.

Don’t know what to do now. I don’t want this poor fellow to suffer because of this. He is here with his wife and 2kids for almost 5yrs to complete in UK this November. Any more suggestion on advice from you will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you for your help and guidance.

skltvl.

manci wrote:
skltvl wrote:Hi,
Thanks in advance.
skltvl.
The 60 day curtailment of your prospective employee's leave is not from the date he left his previous job but from the date of UKBA's decision to curtail, so in practice it is more (may be considerably more) than 60 days.. Has s/he had any notification from UKBA yet?
sponsor licence applications currently take 2-4 months to process.
When you know to what date the prospective employee's visa is curtailed, and approx. 4 weeks before that date, send an email to UKBA explaining the circumstances and requesting urgent treatment of your sponsor licence application. Send the email to 2 email addresses:
sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
Once you get the sponsor licence and assign the CoS, the prospective employee should apply for leave to remain but s/he cannot start work until s/he gets a letter of approval from UKBA.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 am

1) Employee had send a written letter to the UKBA, Work Permit, Sheffield office by post mentioning he has resigned and waiting for New employer to assign him the Cos but he hasn't received any reply
From UKBA office (How do we come to know about his visa curtailment?) UKBA will write to his home address informing him of the curtailment of his visa

2) I called last week UKBA on 0300 nbr and I was told it will take approx 12weeks from date of application but I get different answer every time when ever I had called. There is no way of telling how long it will take but from the timelines given in other topics it seems to be 2-4 months currently.

3) Yes I have emailed them on below UKBA email ids but no positive answer from them. Now I got email yesterday & I was surprised with the below reply. have you sent your email to both addresses I have given and explained the urgency? If yes, from which address came the reply?
I have checked our records but have been unable to locate the application with the information provided. This does not indicate a problem; cases are currently taking several weeks to show on our main database.
If you sent the documents by recorded delivery and have a tracking reference (usually next to the bar code), or you have a payment reference (starting L2E, L4E or L5E), then I can make further checks.
Yours Sincerely,
Customer Service Advisor

I have emailed them the payment reference and royal mail tracking number which confirms as delivered. Keep pestering them, send another email asking them to confirm receipt of the application

4) Please correct me once my license is issued I need to assign him the Cos and he has to transfer his visa under Tier2 or is there any other way to do this. There isn't. You will have to assign the CoS following which he has to apply for a grant of leave. Have you done the resident labour market test yet (takes 28 days)? You can only assign a CoS once the RLMT has been completed (unless an exception applies)
Don’t know what to do now. I don’t want this poor fellow to suffer because of this. He is here with his wife and 2kids for almost 5yrs to complete in UK this November. Any more suggestion on advice from you will be highly appreciated.
I'm afraid you and he just have to wait.

skltvl
Newly Registered

Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License

Post by skltvl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Dear Manci,
I have received email today from SponsorshipPBSenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
They have confirmed the application has been received and the advisor have forwarded the request for urgent treatment.
Hope now it is done soon. Finger cross.
My employee has not yet recieved any letter from UKBA by post.
I have already given advertisement with Job centre and other job search website in mid may which is there on their website till mid august.
Hope this is fine for the RLMT.
Please could u let me know any particular form to be filled while making application for his grant of leave ? and what documents we both will have to submit. We can keep things ready for smooth process.
I'm very grateful for all your help.
Thankyou so very much.
I will update you once we have any outcome from UKBA.
Kind regards,
skltvl

manci wrote:1) Employee had send a written letter to the UKBA, Work Permit, Sheffield office by post mentioning he has resigned and waiting for New employer to assign him the Cos but he hasn't received any reply
From UKBA office (How do we come to know about his visa curtailment?) UKBA will write to his home address informing him of the curtailment of his visa

2) I called last week UKBA on 0300 nbr and I was told it will take approx 12weeks from date of application but I get different answer every time when ever I had called. There is no way of telling how long it will take but from the timelines given in other topics it seems to be 2-4 months currently.

3) Yes I have emailed them on below UKBA email ids but no positive answer from them. Now I got email yesterday & I was surprised with the below reply. have you sent your email to both addresses I have given and explained the urgency? If yes, from which address came the reply?
Yours Sincerely,
Customer Service Advisor

I have emailed them the payment reference and royal mail tracking number which confirms as delivered. Keep pestering them, send another email asking them to confirm receipt of the application

4) Please correct me once my license is issued I need to assign him the Cos and he has to transfer his visa under Tier2 or is there any other way to do this. There isn't. You will have to assign the CoS following which he has to apply for a grant of leave. Have you done the resident labour market test yet (takes 28 days)? You can only assign a CoS once the RLMT has been completed (unless an exception applies)

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:04 pm

When you get the sponsor licence you should assign a CoS to the prospective employee. This is done online through the SMS (Sponsor Management System).

Once you assigned the CoS he will have to apply for leave to remain. The application form and help text are here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

When the time comes for him to apply check that this is still the current form as forms change from time to time.

Since you have already done the RLMT that is fine. RLMTs are valid for 6 months

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:12 pm

On the application form note the need to show knowledge of English which wasn't a requirement for his work permit. He should take an English test.

skltvl
Newly Registered

Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License

Post by skltvl » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Dear Manci,
Thanks for the information.
I will ask my employee to enroll for the English test ASAP.
If I need any more help. I will ctc you.
U were a great help. u r a STAR !!!!
Thanks for everything.
skltvl
manci wrote:On the application form note the need to show knowledge of English which wasn't a requirement for his work permit. He should take an English test.

skltvl
Newly Registered

Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License !!!

Post by skltvl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:04 am

Dear Manci,
Hope you are well.
Just to let you know - I have received email from sponsor license case unit team confirming that they are giving urgent treatment on my application and i will receive the update by post.
So far it is now more than 10days but no updates from the case unit team.
Dunno what to do !!!!
Any suggestions from you will help ???
Kind regards,
skltvl.

manci wrote:When you get the sponsor licence you should assign a CoS to the prospective employee. This is done online through the SMS (Sponsor Management System).

Once you assigned the CoS he will have to apply for leave to remain. The application form and help text are here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

When the time comes for him to apply check that this is still the current form as forms change from time to time.

Since you have already done the RLMT that is fine. RLMTs are valid for 6 months

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:20 am

manci wrote:On the application form note the need to show knowledge of English which wasn't a requirement for his work permit. He should take an English test.
Correction/clarification - if he had a Qualifying Work Permit, which excludes Multi Entry, TWES or SBS work permits, then he doesn't need to take the English test, he will score 10 points automatically (see paragraph 118 of the T2 policy guidance)

skltvl
Newly Registered

Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License !!!

Post by skltvl » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Dear Manci,
Thanks for the clarification.
Just to let you know - I have received email from sponsor license case unit team confirming that they are giving urgent treatment on my application and i will receive the update by post.
So far it is now more than 10days but no updates from the case unit team.
Dunno what to do !!!!
Any suggestions from you will help ???
Kind regards,
skltvl.

manci wrote:
Correction/clarification - if he had a Qualifying Work Permit, which excludes Multi Entry, TWES or SBS work permits, then he doesn't need to take the English test, he will score 10 points automatically (see paragraph 118 of the T2 policy guidance)

skltvl
Newly Registered

Re: Need Help - Applied for Sponsor License

Post by skltvl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 am

Hello All,

Dear Manci and Team Experts,

As u all are aware of my situation here - I'm still no where with my application - urgent treatment request fpr SPL.

After sending so many request by email to UKBA they have not replied to us on my urgent treatment request or updates on my application. The last email what i recieved was in 01st week of AUG where they said they will treat our application on urgent basis but not heard anything after 1st week of august and there after have not replied any of my emails till date and now it has been total more than 15weeks since we have applied for SPL. Poor fellow my employee who i wish to appoint is jobless from past 3months with no income as he cant work until his visa is transferred.

Please Experts I will highly appreciate if some one can show me some way out as the candidate is here with family n kids in school and college to support and dont know how much more time UKBA will take to process my license and then for him to apply for transfer of his visa.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Skltvl.
skltvl wrote:Dear Manci,
I have received email today from SponsorshipPBSenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
They have confirmed the application has been received and the advisor have forwarded the request for urgent treatment.
Hope now it is done soon. Finger cross.
My employee has not yet recieved any letter from UKBA by post.
I have already given advertisement with Job centre and other job search website in mid may which is there on their website till mid august.
Hope this is fine for the RLMT.
Please could u let me know any particular form to be filled while making application for his grant of leave ? and what documents we both will have to submit. We can keep things ready for smooth process.
I'm very grateful for all your help.
Thankyou so very much.
I will update you once we have any outcome from UKBA.
Kind regards,
skltvl

manci wrote:1) Employee had send a written letter to the UKBA, Work Permit, Sheffield office by post mentioning he has resigned and waiting for New employer to assign him the Cos but he hasn't received any reply

Yours Sincerely,
Customer Service Advisor