ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sharjeelpk

LIUK Test

Post by sharjeelpk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:12 am

Me and My wife are planning to sit in LIUK exam in end Aug or in September, I got few quick questions if anybody could answer. I appreciate it
1- Is LIUK test is changed now or going to be change in Aug or in September?
2- Which books are required for it?
3- How to book the exam.

I am on HSMP + T1, Completing my 5 years in December.

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 am

1) Dont know anything about it.
2) I brought the offical books(3)set from TSO for 22 pounds
http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? ... KID=002417
3) Booking: http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/eass ... eed.action

HTH
Rao

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Amazon is cheaper, and delivered in 3 days (mine).
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks Rao, Anybody else know about any change in LIUK or Any future changes because I heard that they are going to change the pattern or course outline, syllabus of LIUK Test

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 pm

1- Do I need all these 3 books for Test, I mean do I need this third book "Study quide" as well.

2- Is this 2nd edition of 1st book is the latest one.

3- Please correct me If I am wrong that only books mention below are latest and required to prepare the test.

Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition
Passing the Life in the UK Test: Official Practice Questions and Answers Book
Life in the United Kingdom: Official Citizenship Test Study Guide

raoraorao
Newly Registered
India

Post by raoraorao » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:37 pm

sharjeelpk wrote:1- Do I need all these 3 books for Test, I mean do I need this third book "Study quide" as well.

Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition
I think 'Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship - 2nd Edition'
is latest & sufficient. I took the mock exam at TSO website without knowing what type of questions are asked, got 7 of 24. What I mean to say is it is easy.

I have just been over cautious and bought the fullset, just dont want to take any chances, I am sure i can sell them back later. Books are on the way, once I recived I can update here if you like if the following are of any use:

Cheers
Rao

sharjeelpk

Post by sharjeelpk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Well why everybody of us keep buying the new books. we can buy from each others, I dont mind buying second hand books so If anybody who Intersted in getting some quids back then email me sharjeelpk@yahoo.com.
I think these books are useless after you pass the test.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: LIUK Test

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:30 pm

sharjeelpk wrote:1- Is LIUK test is changed now or going to be change in Aug or in September?
See information available under the following link. Note that while the exact date the new test is to be introduced is currently unknown, it is expected to be sometime in September.

http://lifeintheuk.net/index.php/news/w ... ship_test/

When will the test be introduced?
The test will be introduced in the autumn This could mean anytime from the first week of September onwards. The exact date will be confirmed closer to the time but until then it would be safe to plan that it will be launched in September, so you are ready.

How long can I take the current test for?
The last time the government revised the test they used transitional arrangements to ensure that people were given a fair amount of time to either complete their studies and take the old test, or choose to prepare for the new one.

Last time this cross-over period was 3 months. To give an example, if the test is launched on Monday 3 September 2012 then you could choose whether to take the old or new test until Monday 3 December 2012. Before 3 September you would have to take the old test. After 3 December you would have to take the new test.

These dates have not been confirmed by the UKBA. They are provided as an example of the kind of arrangement they are likely to use.

What if I can only apply for ILR/citizenship after the new test is in use?
It is highly likely that the UKBA will honour any pass certificates issued before the new test comes into effect. This means if you are genuinely worried about taking the new test you should be able to take the old test now and use your pass certificate to demonstrate your knowledge of life and language in the UK when you apply.

It is vital that you do not lost your test certificate under any circumstances, however. If you lose your certificate then you will not be given a replacement and you will have to take the test again. If this falls after the new test is in place you will have to take the new test.