ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply for visit visa online in Pakistan?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

treefriend

Can we apply for visit visa online in Pakistan?

Post by treefriend » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:27 am

Hi,
I am sponsoring my mother to visit me here in the UK. she is totally depend on me and I send her money every Month. She has been here before in 2006.

I am sending her following documents

bank statements (with this month salary I will have around £2800 in my account)
payslips
employer letter
lease
my visa and passport copy.
and sponsorship letter.
Money transfer slips

She is just presenting her property documents. she widow and house wife therefore dont have any job letter or bank statement.

Are these sufficient documents? and does anyone know whether we can apply online from Pakistan. I am confused as this page says applicants from Pakistan need to fill in paper form. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ily/apply/

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 am

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi lucapooka,
thanks for the link. This page says that anyone who is coming to UK for more than 6 month must get TB test. As my mother is applying for 1 year visitor visa, therefore went to medical center for TB test in Islamabad. However they said for visitor visa they are not instructed to issue a TB test. Can u plz advise?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Your mother is not going to the UK for more than six months, whether you like it or not. Visit visas are granted for six months, 1, 2, 5 and 10 years. However, the long-term visas still limit the stay in the UK to no more than six months in any given year. The reason people apply for such visas is to reduce the time and inconvenience of applying every time they wish to visit.

Unless she is making regular trips coming and going over a 12 month period, it seems a waste of money to request a 12 month visa, as after staying a full six months she will not be allowed to re-enter before the visa has expired.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Lucapooka wrote:.
Thanks again for your time to ans. Just one more wee question.

I hold 5 years residence card. UKBA says that any one who is sponsoring family visitor must be settled in the UK. By saying that do they mean someone with indefinite stay ?

Can u please clarify?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Yes, but all that means is her visa will be a general visit category rather than family. Apparently the rules changed in July to exclude non-settled residents from the family visit category.

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, but all that means is her visa will be a general visit category rather than family. Apparently the rules changed in July to exclude non-settled residents from the family visit category.
Hi lucapooka,
Just needed ur help again on one small issue
I have provided 6 month payslips, 5 month bank statements, employment letter for my mother visit visa.
However, I read somewhere that bank statement of 6 month should be provided. I know it is just one month but UKBA actively seek for such a smal things to refuse the visas.
Can u please advise? If 6 months bank statement rule is that strict then I can try to send her for one more month of statement?