ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi guys, if someone could help me

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kichu7
Newly Registered

Hi guys, if someone could help me

Post by kichu7 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi friends,
I have a query regarding earnings, can I show my income for the last 15 months or only 12 months?
Please guys do help me out with this.......

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 pm

you can show salary of any number of "consecutive" months within last 15 months. It doesnt have to be 12 months. It can be less than 12 months as long as its giving you required points
i will claim salary for 10 months for my current extension since it wil give me enough points to get me through

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Hi guys, if someone could help me

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 pm

kichu7 wrote:I have a query regarding earnings, can I show my income for the last 15 months or only 12 months?
You can't use your income for the last 15 months (i.e. a total of 15 months). You can however use income from any consecutive 12 month period within the last 15 months before your application to claim points as part of your previous earnings.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 pm

theimmigrant wrote:you can show salary of any number of "consecutive" months within last 15 months.
dude its not any number within last 15 months, its max 12 consecutive months or less
Manka

kichu7
Newly Registered

Thanks for such prompt reply friends!

Post by kichu7 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 am

U all mean to say that I can show salary of 12 months within 15 months?
I will explain u , its so confusing for me:
I will extend my visa somewhere in mid november, I got a permanent job in jan 2012 and my salary is coming to only 34180 for feb2012 - october2012, so I need to show my previous employment salary which was contract for 5 months june2011 - oct2011..
So can I show salary from aug 2011, sept 2011, oct 2011, feb 2012 - oct 2012 ?
My visa is expiring on dec 2 (2012)

Please guys help me out this is really confusing :(

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks for such prompt reply friends!

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 am

kichu7 wrote:U all mean to say that I can show salary of 12 months within 15 months?
I will explain u , its so confusing for me:
I will extend my visa somewhere in mid november, I got a permanent job in jan 2012 and my salary is coming to only 34180 for feb2012 - october2012, so I need to show my previous employment salary which was contract for 5 months june2011 - oct2011..
So can I show salary from aug 2011, sept 2011, oct 2011, feb 2012 - oct 2012 ?
My visa is expiring on dec 2 (2012)

Please guys help me out this is really confusing :(
If your extension application date is 15 Nov 2012 (mid November), then you can claim points for earnings for any consecutive 12 months from 16 Sep 2011 (This is because the period Sep 2011-Nov 2012, covers the 15 months prior to your application).

The period you have mentioned unfortunately doesn't cover a consective 12 month period. I.e there is a gap of 3 months between Oct 2011 & Feb 2012.

You will need to take a look at the any consecutive 12 month period within the above 15 months to see which will give you the most earnings. I.e. one of the following:

a) Nov 2011 to Oct 2012 OR
b) Oct 2011 to Sept 2012 OR
c) Sept 2011 to Aug 2012

If none of these options give you sufficient points another option may be to see whether you can delay submitting your application to include your pay for Nov 2012 in which case the earning period would be Dec 2011 to Nov 2012. This would only make sense if this 12 month period gives you the most earnings.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kichu7
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Post by kichu7 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Ok so this is a real problem for me now.
The umbrella co. I was with before permanent job, had deposited expenses to my account on dec 2011 and jan 2012, so can I show this expenses as my earning?
Please do help!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks!

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:53 pm

kichu7 wrote:The umbrella co. I was with before permanent job, had deposited expenses to my account on dec 2011 and jan 2012, so can I show this expenses as my earning?
Were these expense reimbursement payments? If so they won't be considered as earnings. But you might want to take a look at the following to determine for yourself whether they are any of those under the disallowed list:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /earnings/

Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:

*expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse you for money you have previously spent;
*dividends from investments, unless it is a company in which you are active in the day-to-day management, or unless you receive the dividend as part or all of your remuneration package;income from property rental, unless this forms part of your business;
*interest on savings;
*funds that were inherited;
*money paid to you as a pension;
*expenses where the payment reimburses you for money you have previously spent;
*statutory redundancy payment;
*sponsorship for periods of study; or
*state benefits.

kichu7
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by kichu7 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:20 pm

In the link u sent me, I found this regarding earning :
The period of earnings we will assess
Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must normally fall within the 15 months before your application.
You can claim points for a 12-month period outside the 15-month period if you have been away from the workplace for a time during the last 12 months on maternity or adoption-related absence.
You do not need to be in continuous employment during the 12-month period being assessed, so: you can claim for a period of earnings less than 12 months; and earnings do not have to be from a single employer and can be from full-time, part-time, temporary or short-term work.

So does that mean I can show the salary with a gap?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:41 pm

kichu7 wrote:In the link u sent me, I found this regarding earning :
The period of earnings we will assess
Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must normally fall within the 15 months before your application.
You can claim points for a 12-month period outside the 15-month period if you have been away from the workplace for a time during the last 12 months on maternity or adoption-related absence.
You do not need to be in continuous employment during the 12-month period being assessed, so: you can claim for a period of earnings less than 12 months; and earnings do not have to be from a single employer and can be from full-time, part-time, temporary or short-term work.

So does that mean I can show the salary with a gap?
Yes, you can show salary with a gap, but only within a consecutive 12 month period. Meaning, you need not have earned during each of the 12 consecutive months you use towards your points calculation. But this would not be advantagous for you, as you need all of your 12 months earnings to qualify.

This means that in my examples below, you could have any number of months within them where you have no earnings. The key point here is that you qualify with the earnings you do have during that period.
a) Nov 2011 to Oct 2012 OR
b) Oct 2011 to Sept 2012 OR
c) Sept 2011 to Aug 2012

kichu7
Newly Registered

Thanks a lot

Post by kichu7 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your prompt reply.
Can I ask an umbrella co. to pay for these 3 months? I can state is as a part time job, will this be fine or visa people will doubt it?
I can show an extra part time income of 1500 pounds with tax and NI paid for these 3 months.
The real problem happened coz I got the permanent job a bit late, and I am running short of only 800 pounds for eligibility. I get my salary on 27 of every month and my visa is expiring on 2 dec, so I will have too less time for applying(only 5 days). And wat if I dont get appointment within these 5 days?????
I am really confused, plss do help....

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks a lot

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:57 pm

kichu7 wrote:Can I ask an umbrella co. to pay for these 3 months? I can state is as a part time job, will this be fine or visa people will doubt it?
I can show an extra part time income of 1500 pounds with tax and NI paid for these 3 months.
The real problem happened coz I got the permanent job a bit late, and I am running short of only 800 pounds for eligibility.
While it's true that you can have earnings from multiple jobs/sources, you must have personally earned that pay (if it was from employment), and also earned it within the time period in question. You also need the required evidence (i.e. from 2 independent sources) for those earnings. I personally am not aware of the in's & out's of how umbrella company salary payments are made to employees, so cannot really comment on what you have suggested. The only question that comes to mind here from a logical point is, how can you expect a company to pay you past earnings for 3 months, now? when you have not been employed during those 3 months? The logic does not fit. Unless you are planning to do a part time job now to earn the extra earnings you require.
kichu7 wrote:I get my salary on 27 of every month and my visa is expiring on 2 dec, so I will have too less time for applying(only 5 days). And wat if I dont get appointment within these 5 days?????
You can apply by post if you do not get a PEO appointment, just have everything ready for submission whichever option you choose.