ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension age criteria - under NEW rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 1 extension age criteria - under NEW rules

Post by rohitys » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi all,

I would require clarification on the number of points I can claim for my tier 1 extension. I received my stamped Tier 1 Visa when I was 30 years old on 17th February 2011. I will be 32 years when I apply for my tier 1 first extension two years from now. As per Appendix A - Table 3 which was updated on 6th April 2011 for tier 1

Under 30 years of age: 20 points,
30 to 34 years of age: 10 points,
35 to 39 years of age: 5 points.

Under notes for Age Criteria in the UKBA website mentions as below:
if the applicant was first granted leave in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and has not been granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the first grant of leave, points will be awarded based on the applicant's age at the date of the application for that first grant of leave

two questions which i have in mind

1. does first grant of leave mean first time i got my tier 1 visa

2. As per the current rules (assuming no changes), does it imply I can claim 20 points for all my extension(s)/ILR as I had claimed 20 points during my initial tier 1 application?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 extension age criteria - under NEW rules

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:39 pm

rohitys wrote:Hi all,

I would require clarification on the number of points I can claim for my tier 1 extension. I received my stamped Tier 1 Visa when I was 30 years old on 17th February 2011. I will be 32 years when I apply for my tier 1 first extension two years from now. As per Appendix A - Table 3 which was updated on 6th April 2011 for tier 1

if the applicant was first granted leave in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and has not been granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the first grant of leave, points will be awarded based on the applicant's age at the date of the application for that first grant of leave

2. As per the current rules (assuming no changes), does it imply I can claim 20 points for all my extension(s)/ILR as I had claimed 20 points during my initial tier 1 application?
The points for age will remain same for any leave application, apart from entry clearance. The points you score for age at the time of entry clearance will remain same till ILR.

Secondly first grant of leave means entry clearance or if you have changed your visa to Tier 1 General from anyother category, then the points claimed at that time.

These rules are good for age. As for previous earnings you have to score points at every extension or even at ILR.

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:20 am

thnx a ton zahid

neolore
Newly Registered

Hi rohit

Post by neolore » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi rohit,
My visa is also from 1-feb-2011 to 1-feb-2013
When are you going for visa renewal.

redbull.lion
Newly Registered

Post by redbull.lion » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:46 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
rohitys wrote:Hi all,

The points for age will remain same for any leave application, apart from entry clearance. The points you score for age at the time of entry clearance will remain same till ILR.

Secondly first grant of leave means entry clearance or if you have changed your visa to Tier 1 General from anyother category, then the points claimed at that time.

These rules are good for age. As for previous earnings you have to score points at every extension or even at ILR.
A little more explanation required....

I have T1 General but I did not get it as my entry Clarence. my cycle of T1 G is as follow

Entry clearance -> student(not Tier4)
Further extension to stay-> Tier1 Post Study Work
Then again LTR as -> Tier1 General (Initial application)

My question is that I got 20 points for my age at LTR as Tier1 (General) and I got same (20) points on Tier1 General 2nd Extension coz I was less then 30 years old....but at ILR I am going to be 30 years old......

Will I still get 20 points for age at time of ILR even I will be 30years old becoz as per rules described above my understanding says that applent will get 20 points throughout to ILR once an applicant score 20 points at his/her initial T1 General ???

Please clarify this point....Experts review required

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 am

redbull.lion wrote:A little more explanation required....

I have T1 General but I did not get it as my entry Clarence. my cycle of T1 G is as follow

Entry clearance -> student(not Tier4)
Further extension to stay-> Tier1 Post Study Work
Then again LTR as -> Tier1 General (Initial application)

My question is that I got 20 points for my age at LTR as Tier1 (General) and I got same (20) points on Tier1 General 2nd Extension coz I was less then 30 years old....but at ILR I am going to be 30 years old......

Will I still get 20 points for age at time of ILR even I will be 30years old becoz as per rules described above my understanding says that applent will get 20 points throughout to ILR once an applicant score 20 points at his/her initial T1 General ???

Please clarify this point....Experts review required

Thanks
Why not read the sticky thread that has been created just for this. It clearly explains what many applicants repeatedly ask on this particular subject.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90855

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 am

You will be awarded the same points for your age when you applied for your Initial Tier 1 application.
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....