ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at Sheffield PEO, SET(O), Director, selfemployed, LTD C

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MAQ81
Newly Registered

ILR at Sheffield PEO, SET(O), Director, selfemployed, LTD C

Post by MAQ81 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Folks,

looking for your help. i have booked an appointment at sheffield PEO for ILR (3yrs Tier-1 and 2 Years HSMP). i work as a self employed (i.e. contractor/ director of a ltd company) and was wondering if these type of application are accepted at sheffield PEO office.

reason i ask this is that i had booked this appointment before at Glasgow PEO and i was told that they will not review application for self-employed/contractors as they don't have trained staff to do this. however advised me to either post the application or book appointment in some other PEO (except Soulihull)

so now i manage to find a slot in Sheffield but not sure if they will accept my application there. any help? i dont really want to post my application as it will take few months and i will be required to attend the PEO anyway for Biometric.

docs submitting
SET(o) form
ltd company reg cert
VAT reg cert
last 2 years full company accounts (Directors Statements )
12 months business bank statements
12 months personal bank statements
accountant letter
12 pay slips
3 years P60
dividend certificate/vouchers
like in the UK for myself and for wife
2 kids birth certificates
wife's bank statements
few letters to show that we are living at our address (NHS letters, voter reg.)

is there anything else required?
Last edited by MAQ81 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

a4aneel
Newly Registered

Post by a4aneel » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi MAQ81,

Yes, Sheffield PEO accept such applications, one of my friend got his ILR granted with same circumstances (self employed - contractor)

I have my appointment at Glasgow PEO tomorrow and i am self-employed contractor but running payroll to claim required points on income.

are you claiming points purely by dividends or do you run payroll as well? do you think Glasgow PEO will accept applications if i just show my 12 month salary (drawing from my own company)? without any dividend vouchers?

Thanks,
a4aneel

MAQ81
Newly Registered

Post by MAQ81 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:09 pm

a4aneel wrote:Hi MAQ81,

Yes, Sheffield PEO accept such applications, one of my friend got his ILR granted with same circumstances (self employed - contractor)

I have my appointment at Glasgow PEO tomorrow and i am self-employed contractor but running payroll to claim required points on income.

are you claiming points purely by dividends or do you run payroll as well? do you think Glasgow PEO will accept applications if i just show my 12 month salary (drawing from my own company)? without any dividend vouchers?

Thanks,
a4aneel
Hi a4aneel,

i think you should call homeoffice (0870 606 7766) and ask this very question, in my opinion (which is based on personal exp, they will not !!!!)

in my case the case worker didnt even look at my docs coz i was self employeed. the reason he gave me was that they dont have trained staff who can varify docs/accounts even if you have all required docs and meet all requirements.

it doesnt matter if you are running payroll or not. you are still a director/contractor working through a (self registered) ltd company. so i would strongly recommend to check with homeoffice before you go. it will save you time and hassle (plus your day rate)

i have spoked to the homeoffice earlier this morning and they have confirmed that the sheffield office do review ILR application for self emplyed.

my appointment is tomorrow at sheffield... will share the outsome here at this forum.!!!
Last edited by MAQ81 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAQ81
Newly Registered

Post by MAQ81 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:10 pm

a4aneel wrote:Hi MAQ81,

Thanks,
a4aneel
Hi a4aneel,

i think you should call homeoffice (0870 606 7766) and ask this very question, in my opinion (which is based on personal exp, they will not !!!!)

in my case the case worker didnt even look at my docs coz i was self employeed. the reason he gave me was that they dont have trained staff who can varify docs/accounts even if you have all required docs and meet all requirements.

it doesnt matter if you are running payroll or not. you are still a director/contractor working through a (self registered) ltd company. so i would strongly recommend to check with homeoffice before you go. it will save you time and hassle (plus your day rate)

i have spoked to the homeoffice earlier this morning and they have confirmed that the sheffield office do review ILR application for self emplyed.

my appointment is tomorrow at sheffield... will share the outsome here at this forum.!!!

a4aneel
Newly Registered

Post by a4aneel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi,

Yes i faced the same situation in Glasgow PEO today, they are not accepting any applications if you own a limited company no matter what.

I do have an appointment at Sheffield on 1st August

Will look forward to hear your experience.

Thanks,
Anil

Immanuel 2010
Newly Registered

Hi; experience in Sheffield PEO

Post by Immanuel 2010 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:07 am

Hello MAQ81,

Can you please share your experience in Sheffield Office.

I believe your appointment is today. Good Luck and all the best.

MAQ81
Newly Registered

Re: Hi; experience in Sheffield PEO

Post by MAQ81 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 am

Immanuel 2010 wrote:Hello MAQ81,

Can you please share your experience in Sheffield Office.

I believe your appointment is today. Good Luck and all the best.

Friends,

I have had my appointment at Sheffield PEO now my application for ILR has been accepted! :D

Happy to share my exp at Sheffield for everyone else’s benefit. My appointment was at 1:30 however I arrived there a bit early (12:30) along with my 3 dependents. Was allowed into the building after going through the airport style security and was asked to report at the reception which was a window # 7. (you can’t use mobile phone in the building but if you wish you can leave the building for smoking or using phone , just inform the security before you leave)

I went to the window -7 where my appointment was confirmed and I was given a token number and was asked to wait for my token number to be called. As I was there a bit early so I had to wait until 1:30 (which was my original appointment time) at 1:30 my token number was called and I went to the window where a young friendly lady greeted me and asked for me application form and passports (only). She then reviewed the payment page and checked photographs and other details on the form (just a v.quick review). She then said it looks okay and asked me to make the payment at payment window.

I went to the payment window and made the payment using my debit card. Payment went through and they kept my application form and passports (including my 3 dependents passports). Then I was asked to wait for my token number to be called for Biometric.

After a very long wait my token number was called (after over 2hr) at window#11 for Biometric, where they took our finger prints on scanner and photos. After this we were asked to wait again in the waiting area. After about 15-20 mins I was called again and the same young lady who initially reviewed my application form, greeted me and said that she would working on my case. She then asked me to give all the docs that I want to submit to support my application. She took everything away with her and said it will take her about 1hrs to review these. After about 45-50mins she returned to the same window and returned my docs, passports along with the confirmation letter and said congratulation you application has been accepted and you will get you permits by post within 7days! 8)

I left the PEO just before 5pm.

jahangir

Applying for ILR at PEO, Can you apply 28 days in advance

Post by jahangir » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Guys

1 I have a similar case as Anil's. My visa runs out on 20th Nov, and I am thinking of applying at PEO. But can you apply 28 days before i.e on 22nd October, just as you do in postal applications?

2. My main earning is from my employment, but I have topped it up with my self-employed work as a translator (about £6k)? I live in Birmingham; which PEO do you think I should book appointment for?

Thanks

Jahangir

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for ILR at PEO, Can you apply 28 days in advanc

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm

jahangir wrote:Hi Guys

1 I have a similar case as Anil's. My visa runs out on 20th Nov, and I am thinking of applying at PEO. But can you apply 28 days before i.e on 22nd October, just as you do in postal applications?

2. My main earning is from my employment, but I have topped it up with my self-employed work as a translator (about £6k)? I live in Birmingham; which PEO do you think I should book appointment for?

Thanks

Jahangir
my visa runs out on 5th and i am eligible to apply on 8th October. i can start looking for PEO appt on 27th August. you should be able to find a suitable appt as well around /after 10 sep

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks.

1 So, I can actually apply for ILR 28 days before the 5th anniversary of my tier-1 visa, even when applying physically at Public Enquiry office?

2. The 5th anniversary is 20th Nov 2012. What would be the earliest I can apply, 23rd or 24th October?

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:40 am

@MAQ, you mentioned that Solihull has stopped accepting Self-employed same day applications?

Also confused, whats the difference between self employed director, and self-employed contractor??

I am self employed director of my own ltd company with 100% shareholders, taking salary and dividends. Cant i apply from solihull??

thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:27 pm

jahangir wrote:Thanks.

1 So, I can actually apply for ILR 28 days before the 5th anniversary of my tier-1 visa, even when applying physically at Public Enquiry office?

2. The 5th anniversary is 20th Nov 2012. What would be the earliest I can apply, 23rd or 24th October?
the earliest you can apply is 23rd October 2012 >>>> http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=28&aw=

you should start looking for appointment on/around 9th October to find a date 42 days in advance >>> http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=42&aw=

jahangir

Post by jahangir » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 am

Thanks a lot.

contactrizwan79
Newly Registered

Post by contactrizwan79 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I did a call to the UKBA helpline number and they said they are not having any information that at Solihull PEO are not accepting for Self Employed and Ltd company.

So it means they are accepting it.

Could any one please confirm that some one has recently applied at Solihull with self emplyed or Ltd company.

MAQ : Before writing anything please think over it.

Thanks
Contactrizwan79