ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not able to get PEO appointment... help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eureka_ilr

Not able to get PEO appointment... help

Post by eureka_ilr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:16 am

Hi all

My current Tier 1 visa expires in the first week of Oct. I am eligible for ILR in the 2nd week of Sept. I've been trying to get an appointment for few weeks now but no luck.

I called UKBA and they told me to try 6 weeks before the eligibility date. So I can only try from 28th July onwards. I've also picked up from this forum that I should try at around midnight.

The question I have is lets say if the worst happens ad I am not able to get an appointment, what will happen then? Will I have to leave the country in the first week of Oct?

Regards
Eureka
Last edited by eureka_ilr on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 am

keep trying. I am still getting technical error everytime i try and last night, the system was down for maintenance.

if you cannot get one, ring them and try to get it over the phone.

good luck

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks for the kind reply.

I will keep trying. But still if worst were to happen and there was a complete logjam and I couldn't get an appointment, will I have have to leave the country?

Regards
Eureka

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:05 am

eureka_ilr wrote:I will keep trying. But still if worst were to happen and there was a complete logjam and I couldn't get an appointment, will I have have to leave the country?
No. You can apply by post instead.

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Oh thanks ... I didn't realize this.
So my plan is to try the PEO appointment booking website and the phone in the first week of august. If no joy, then I will send my application by post. Is this the right approach?

regards
Eureka

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm

eureka_ilr wrote:Oh thanks ... I didn't realize this.
So my plan is to try the PEO appointment booking website and the phone in the first week of august. If no joy, then I will send my application by post. Is this the right approach?
What approach you take is really a personal choice. You could do as you've mentioned above, i.e. it is a valid option. Or if you wanted to apply directy by post without going down the PEO route, you can do that too. Be aware though that generally postal applications do take longer to process.

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks cs95tdg

The problem is I don't think I can send the application by post 28 days before the 5th anniversary of my arrival into UK. Which means that I cant apply by post before the second week of Sept anyway.

So I have no other option but to wait till then. I can try the PEO appointment till then. But please correct me if I am wrong about any of the assumptions above.

regards
Eureka

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:13 pm

eureka_ilr wrote:The problem is I don't think I can send the application by post 28 days before the 5th anniversary of my arrival into UK. Which means that I cant apply by post before the second week of Sept anyway.
Yes that's correct. Whichever route you choose you will need to wait until you have met the required residency period.
eureka_ilr wrote: So I have no other option but to wait till then. I can try the PEO appointment till then. But please correct me if I am wrong about any of the assumptions above.
Yes, you need to wait & you can try whichever route you want to then. The application fee for postal applications is slightly less than a PEO application, but will take longer to process. If your case is complex you may anyway be asked to submit your application by post on the day, depending on the CW's (senior or otherwise) available at the PEO you go to. These are a few aspects for you to keep in mind when deciding.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Appointments are only released 42 days in advance. For example today is 25th July 2012, and you can’t book anything beyond Wednesday, September 5, 2012.

It’s too early to book a slot for 2nd week of Sep now. You need to wait for few more days.

I would suggest you use the time and date calculator.

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Thing is I've tried , just out of curiosity, to book an appointment of, say 1st of Sept, to see if the appointmnets are available. Everytime I got the reply that no slots are free. I've never been able to book any appointment, for made-up earlier dates.

Dont know if PEO is puposely doing this? Or is it the Olympics, not sure.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm

eureka_ilr, you might be trying at wrong times of the day. You need to do it exactly at midnight when the date changes. For example 2nd August means, the night between 1st and 2nd August.

I never had any issues when I tried to book something 42 days (6 weeks) in advance.

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 pm

I did try at 12 midnight but may be my date calculation, for the made-up dates , were wrong. I will keep trying. Thanks for all your help everyone.

frey80

Re: Not able to get PEO appointment... help

Post by frey80 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

eureka_ilr wrote:Hi all

My current Tier 1 visa expires in the first week of Oct. I am eligible for ILR in the 2nd week of Sept. I've been trying to get an appointment for few weeks now but no luck.

I called UKBA and they told me to try 6 weeks before the eligibility date. So I can only try from 28th July onwards. I've also picked up from this forum that I should try at around midnight.

The question I have is lets say if the worst happens ad I am not able to get an appointment, what will happen then? Will I have to leave the country in the first week of Oct?

Regards
Eureka
find the date you want to go for peo and took 42 days in advance, then try each day at 12pm exactly, normally the site will down from 12:00 to 12:15 but keep trying it will probably get you one. since you mentioned you are eligible from 2nd week of september i think more likely you are not yet eiligible to book the exact date yet

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 am

Tired of ukba... Awake every night till 1 but cant j st book...

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi

I am very lucky to have got the appointment at PEO Croydon last night.

Please can the senior members advice if my appointment date is valid.

Date of first arrival into UK : 11th Oct 2007
Expiry date of extended Tier 1 visa : 9th Oct 2012
Appointment date : 11th Sep 2012.

The appointment date is calculated 28 days from 9th Oct 2012. Is this ok?

Hope this is correct because I've heard that if I went even a day before 28 days, they wont entertain.

regards
Eureka

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:03 pm

eureka_ilr: on what date you got your first HSMP ?

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:04 pm

Can you please post the date of Entry Clearance (initial visa valid from).
eureka_ilr wrote:Hi

Hope this is correct because I've heard that if I went even a day before 28 days, they wont entertain.

regards
Eureka

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:06 pm

eureka_ilr wrote:Hi

regards
Eureka
you are one day early if I counted 28 days right. shouldn't be a problem though

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm

Sorry I should have mentioned it too

Date of first HSMP stamp (aka valid from): 5th Oct 2007

Best regards
Eureka
Last edited by eureka_ilr on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for the replies

I used the dateandtime calculator as here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html

I entered 9th Oct and subtracted 28 days

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:23 pm

eureka_ilr wrote:Sorry I should have mentioned it too

Date of first HSMP stamp: 5th Oct 2007

Best regards
Eureka
You can apply on or after Friday, September 7, 2007 (28 days before 5th anniversary of your entry clearance).

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=28&aw=

depsnitz
Newly Registered

Post by depsnitz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Eureka,

I am in the same boat as you were. Have been trying to book an appointment since last week but no luck till now (without specifying any from and to dates). Can I ask you what time did you try and on what date? What options did you specify -- did you give any from and to dates or left it blank? Also did it give you any other dates other than the 11th September?

I will appreciate if you can answer these questions for me.

My Visa expires on 19th Oct 2012
First HSMP visa stamp date was on 19th Oct 2007
First entry in the country was on 25th Oct 2007.

Based on the above dates, the earliest I can apply based on 28 days calculation is 27th September. Senior Members: Please advice if this calculation is correct.

If the system only gives dates for next 42 days, then I assume midnight of 15th August I should be able to see dates available for 27th September -- Is this assumption correct?

I know I have asked lots of questions. I am getting little panicky and nervous. So I will appreciate if you can take some time and help me with above questions.

Thanks
depsnitz

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:56 am

depsnitz wrote:My Visa expires on 19th Oct 2012
First HSMP visa stamp date was on 19th Oct 2007
First entry in the country was on 25th Oct 2007.

Based on the above dates, the earliest I can apply based on 28 days calculation is 27th September. Senior Members: Please advice if this calculation is correct.
The earliest you can apply is 28 days before 19th Oct 2012.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi

What happened to all of you guys claiming that you're not getting an appointment online think about it you can't book an appointment for your self not any earlier than 42 days within your 28 days period. For eg I got my WP back in Sep 2007 and I always tried at about 00:01 I can always see my desired appoitments available but 42 days after the day I am looking for them for eg I just tried yesterday to look for some appointments for my self I didn't booked any I was trying to get a hold of an appointment at Shefield or Liverpool I saw plenty of appointments available for set(o) between 10th and 15th of September exactly 13th Sep whole day all the appointments available to book and 13th of Sep is exactly the 42nd day from 2nd of August 2012 so just keep this thing in mind you can't book an appointment for your self year in advance or six months in advance and just keep looking you'll surely get the appointments every one else is getting it so why can't you guys.

Hope fully this will answer your querry.

Good luck for your ILR.

emini34

Post by emini34 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

What happened to all of you guys claiming that you're not getting an appointment online think about it you can't book an appointment for your self not any earlier than 42 days within your 28 days period. For eg I got my WP back in Sep 2007 and I always tried at about 00:01 I can always see my desired appoitments available but 42 days after the day I am looking for them for eg I just tried yesterday to look for some appointments for my self I didn't booked any I was trying to get a hold of an appointment at Shefield or Liverpool I saw plenty of appointments available for set(o) between 10th and 15th of September exactly 13th Sep whole day all the appointments available to book and 13th of Sep is exactly the 42nd day from 2nd of August 2012 so just keep this thing in mind you can't book an appointment for your self year in advance or six months in advance and just keep looking you'll surely get the appointments every one else is getting it so why can't you guys.

Hope fully this will answer your querry.

Good luck for your ILR.

I agree with Smam, I booked my appointment last night successfully. I used to be one of those people that complain about HO website. it is true that the website for appointment booking is not fit for purpose but we just have to get on with it as it is.

Thanks to all the things I read on this forum which are very useful. As a lot of people has stated the 42 days formula is the magic. Since last Monday I have been loggin in to do it for fun and everytime I log in at 12midnight there is always lots of slots to choose from. The date I need is 13 Sept, I got it comfortably last night.

These steps might help people that are struggling to find appointments

1. Use google chrome (this might not make any difference)
2. Login to you account before 12midnight, let all your criteria be set ready (say 11:58pm).
3. Don’t have too much intervals in your date criteria. e.g if you want 14 sept. choose dates from 13 to 14 in your criteria
4. Don’t choose too many POE. Tick the box for only the POE you want
(I might be wrong) My reason for 3 and 4 is that I thought if you give the system too many things to search it might take longer before it will come up with answers.
5. After you have clicked the button at 00:00, there will always be error message, you need to continue to refresh/reload the page until something come up. Literarily you will put your cursor on refresh/reload and be clicking until the page come up again

Sorry it is a bit scrapy explanation above but this is what I did and I consistently find slots everytime I log at midnight. I usually find slots between 00:00 and 00:10

Good luck to those that are still struggling to find slots.