ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POE application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

POE application

Post by ilrstatus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi,

My wife will be eligible for ILR on the 5th of October. When can she book an appointment for the same day service (POE) on the 5th or a few days before that ?

The reason for the question is we are planning to travel in the first week of October and the earlier she gets the ILR the better.

She will be on HSMP + Tier 1 for 5 years and is applying on that basis.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: POE application

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 pm

ilrstatus wrote:Hi,

My wife will be eligible for ILR on the 5th of October. When can she book an appointment for the same day service (POE) on the 5th or a few days before that ?

The reason for the question is we are planning to travel in the first week of October and the earlier she gets the ILR the better.

She will be on HSMP + Tier 1 for 5 years and is applying on that basis.

Thanks
She can apply by post or in-person 28days before the 5th anniversary of either EC or her initial date of entry into the UK, depending on whether she switched immigration categories in-country or applied for EC. See Q3, Q4, Q5 under the following sticky for further information.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

PEO appointments only appear online upto 42 days before the app date. So count 42 backwards from the date you want an appointment for, to determine when you should login to the website to book your appointment. Note that as there is a very high demand for PEO appointments, the best time to find one has been found to be at midnight (i.e. which is when new/cancelled appointments get released).

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

Post by ilrstatus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Thanks cs95tdg !!

emini34

Re: POE application

Post by emini34 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi cs95tdg,

please do you have idea if Solihull have separate appointment times for single applicants and applicants with dependant. am not due yet to book appointment but everytime i tried to do it for fun to have a look all the appointments i've seen start at 10am. i look at their opening time and it is 9am. i can't remember very well but i think i have seen 9am slot before when i use criterian of single applicant.

any information will be useful regarding how the appointment slots work. getting a slot is competitive i know and any slot will be ok for me but i don't mind if am able to find the first slot for their opening time. also do many people have the same slot or 1 slot is for several people. i.e 10am slot is it for 1 person or 5,6,7.. can be on the queue for 10am slot or any other slot. hope you understand my questions.

many thanks.