ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Speedy Tier 1 ILR Application at Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wharry
Newly Registered

Super Speedy Tier 1 ILR Application at Solihull

Post by Wharry » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi All,

Since I have benefited a lot from this forum, I decided to write my experience at Solihull PEO today (31 July 2012).

My case:
Tier 1 (General) ILR - HSMP + Tier 1
Appointment:09:00
Arrival at PEO: 08:15
Left PEO: 10:30 (completed everything)

Experience at Solihull:
Extremely pleasant!

Documents asked by caseworker:
1. Application form (photos attached)
2. Passposrts
3. Life in the UK
4. 12 x month payslips and bank statements (originals requested from Natwest) + table of earnings for easy reading (additional sheet similar to absences)
5. Table of Absences (136/180)
6. UKBA letters from previous visa applications (not necessary but it helps)

No other documents asked.

My tips:
Be OTT with organisation as caseworker will see this and sent an indirect message that you are well prepared. My caseworker smiled and commented that I was well organised - that started her in a good mood! I used a ring binder with plastic sleeves for each document/evidence.

Bank statements + payslips - if you are paperless customer, request original copies for every months. Clip (do not staple) each payslip to corresponding month and use highlighter to highlight salaries hitting the account.
For Natwest customers, you can order paper copies online within your account - order 12 times for last 12 months. As these are original reprints no stamps needed and they will arrive within 4-5 working days.

If you have UKBA letters from previous applications - this (I believe) sped up my application process as caseworker did not need to do much of verifications.

My note:
- I had PCN in July 2009 (paid within time) - I did not declare in my application.
- Maintenance Fund was not asked.
- Last 5 years P60s or employment history was not asked (perhaps because I have UKBA letters from previous visa applications). I only have 3 out of 5 P60s but all payslips - just in case. Though this is not primary.

This week only:
- Solihull PEO is carrying out "customer feedback" survey. Hence, the staff are super friendly. Good for anyone is applying this week. Having said that, I believe all staff here are naturally friendly and helpful (I have been to Croydon PEO before - nothing bad but Solihull PEO feels much much better).

Every little helps...

Smam

Heartiest Congrats !!!

Post by Smam » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:46 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please kindly keep us posted once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

pratkali
Newly Registered

Post by pratkali » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Congratulations, Going for ILR to Solihull this Friday. Hope would have a nice experience like you

pratkali
Newly Registered

Post by pratkali » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm

out of curiosity, how did you manage to get out in 1.5 hours?

Mastermind13
Newly Registered

Re: Super Speedy Tier 1 ILR Application at Solihull

Post by Mastermind13 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Congrats Buddy, Now your turn to help...

I am going to L'pool PEO in 3 weeks time. My only concern is I was on paid holidays for 218 days,I have pay slips for all my holidays. Do you think it will be alright ?