ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application and Social Welfare

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepak nepal
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application and Social Welfare

Post by deepak nepal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi I have applied citizenship on November 2011 and got first reference no on Jan 2012 and another further processing letter on March 2012. Since April 2012 my situation has been changed. I left the job and currently unemployed. I am on a way to apply for jobseeker benefit. According to the citizens information centre in web, it mentioned that (( If you can show that you have not received State support in the 3 years before your application, this will generally meet the Minister for Justice and Equality's requirement that you have been supporting yourself and your dependants and that you will continue to do so.)) I didn't apply any benefit before. so will it not impact my application or will it impact my application ? Could you kinldy suggest me the better option !

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Re: Citizenship Application and Social Welfare

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:10 pm

deepak nepal wrote:Hi I have applied citizenship on November 2011 and got first reference no on Jan 2012 and another further processing letter on March 2012. Since April 2012 my situation has been changed. I left the job and currently unemployed. I am on a way to apply for jobseeker benefit. According to the citizens information centre in web, it mentioned that (( If you can show that you have not received State support in the 3 years before your application, this will generally meet the Minister for Justice and Equality's requirement that you have been supporting yourself and your dependants and that you will continue to do so.)) I didn't apply any benefit before. so will it not impact my application or will it impact my application ? Could you kinldy suggest me the better option !
it is advisable not to take any social welfare during your application in process as well. they may ask you to get letter from welfare office that you have not received any welfare as few of my known has been asked for that letter....

deepak nepal
Newly Registered

Post by deepak nepal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi thnks for your advise. Could you tell me when did the department asked for a letter from welfare office ? Is it happened recently ? Few of my friends who got social welfare since a year got approved 3 months ago. According to the citizenship application form it mentioned that ((Give details of any social welfare payments that you are receiving and/or have received in the past 3 years and the reason why you obtained that payment/support. So what does this mean ?

Malika

Post by Malika » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:44 pm

deepak nepal wrote:Hi I have applied citizenship on November 2011 and got first reference no on Jan 2012 and another further processing letter on March 2012. Since April 2012 my situation has been changed. I left the job and currently unemployed. I am on a way to apply for jobseeker benefit. According to the citizens information centre in web, it mentioned that (( If you can show that you have not received State support in the 3 years before your application, this will generally meet the Minister for Justice and Equality's requirement that you have been supporting yourself and your dependants and that you will continue to do so.)) I didn't apply any benefit before. so will it not impact my application or will it impact my application ? Could you kinldy suggest me the better option !

Jobseeker's Benefit is a weekly payment from the Department of Social Protection (DSP) to people who are out of work and are covered by social insurance (PRSI)

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/so ... nefit.html

Jobseeker's benefit is based on your contribution while you were working......this is your money. I wouldn't worry if it is jobseeker's benefit what you need to avoid is jobseeke's allowance.

You also need to notify the Citizenship section about your change of circumstances, you could also include letter that you are on jobsekeer's benefit.

Just know that Jobseeker's benefit is different from Jobseeker's allowance.

Regards,
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA